• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Irrational Habits You Have

Rubber Superior

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine - I refuse to place a house in Malas in case we lose it (after they introduced it how many moons ago?). I'm well aware they're not going to poof by now, but still can't bring myself to do it!

Reason I made this post, I chuckled at Captain Norrington's post from ages ago about logging out and back in again to make sure the thing he'd locked down stayed locked down.

What's your daft thing you do/refuse to do for no apparent reason?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
When I drive up to an ATM to grab some cash for a random kid activity, I still say "Bank". The kids laugh because they know....

*Tips his hat and turns back down the trail to Vesper*

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When I drive up to an ATM to grab some cash for a random kid activity, I still say "Bank". The kids laugh because they know....

I wish in the same way I could get into my car and just say "Recall", then be transported to the location i'm going :D

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

we must be somewhat related... last summer i drove to the bank and said "bank" and the teller assumed i was talking to my husband on the phone. she told me to tell him hello and i spoke it towards the dash lol

but I also did one further... last week, while i was still out of it from being sick, I walked with my dog towards the fence post in the yard. It is a chain link post that remained after a wooden fence was put in. I loop my dogs leash over it and allow him to do his business while i take out the trash. still groggy, I said "stable" and followed by "claim list". of course i had to laugh out loud. My dog didn't think it was funny lol

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
For no good reason I used to think “owned by no one” talismans were blessed.

I had a demon cameo on me once while I was in a really large guild. A thief stole it then promptly left the guild.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm a Paramedic.
When I'm working I sometimes whisper "In Vas Mani" under my breath and then I smile and chuckle to myself.

years ago when UO started a bunch of guys from my station all started playing (me too) and the one time we arrived at a car accident where someone had unfortunately passed away, one of the other medics looked at us and said "An Corp"?
and shrugged....
we all had to stifle giggles and walk away from him.

Rubber Superior

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For no good reason I used to think “owned by no one” talismans were blessed.

I had a demon cameo on me once while I was in a really large guild. A thief stole it then promptly left the guild.
Until your post, I thought the same! Jesus, it's quite funny being a nub after all these years :/

Rubber Superior

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a Paramedic.
When I'm working I sometimes whisper "In Vas Mani" under my breath and then I smile and chuckle to myself.

years ago when UO started a bunch of guys from my station all started playing (me too) and the one time we arrived at a car accident where someone had unfortunately passed away, one of the other medics looked at us and said "An Corp"?
and shrugged....
we all had to stifle giggles and walk away from him.
We'd quit on the spot without a morbid sense of humour in these roles/jobs. I worked at Rampton in the UK until recently... I appreciate your sense of humour and I know for a semi-fact your client feel the same! Rock on :heart: