• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invitation to try out Siege Perilous

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I used to think "why would anyone play on Siege?"
There are a lot of things about the ruleset that are intimidating until you give it a try. I was bored with the way thIngs work on Prodo, with the lack of risk, with the entire focus of the game seeming to turn on spreadsheets and suit-building. It wasn't the game I fell in love with 14 years ago, which is to be expected. Change is cool, but some changes to the mechanics of the game had the effect of also changing the flavor of the game for me. If I wanted to play a game about spreadsheets, I would do that. But I want to play a game about fantasy and magic, swordplay and Heroism, knights and murderers and thieves and wizards and all the things this game allows you to choose from. But that feeling was kinda sapped from the game for me.

So I thought I'd give Siege a try before I packed it in and left the game entirely, cuz what did I have to lose, really?

I'm glad I did. There is a sense of excitement in my game that I'd thought was gone. People talk to each other, and not just trash talk or trades. Those things too, sure, but not JUST those things. The banks are empty. Because people are out doing stuff. And sometimes you run across them out in the world, doing stuff. And sometimes they talk to you, and sometimes they run, and sometimes they kill you, but they pretty much never just ignore you. I wanted to play a fantasy MMO. With other people. I found that again on Siege and now I wonder why anyone would play anywhere else.

It's not for everybody, that's true. But why flame the thread? As Freja said, if Siege ain't your thing, that's cool. Move along, nothing to see here. We'll all continue having fun, playing the game.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy New Year everyone

I know a few here hate to see thread like this, pleace, if you have no intention to try out Siege, please move on and let this thread alone :)

Siege Perilous could be a choice:

- If you are looking for a shard with better economy
- If you feel Trammel is to safe and Felucca is to wild and wish to play without the split
- If you can handle the risk for getting attacked and risk to lose your items
- If you want to kill chars, who annoy you instead of using harrassing calls
- If you want to be a part of a community with good and evil having to interact with each others

You can be:
- a succesful crafter/shop owner, with happy customers
- a PvM'er or garthere supporting the crafter/shop owner with resources
- a honorable knight, protection the crafters and PvM'ers
- a thief PvP or non PvP for deco stuff
- a faction player
- a PK
- or anything else

You will have to accept (until we get devs to changes it)
- no kind of recall (gate spell works and moongates and public houses with crystal portals and teleporters helps too)
-only one char slot (Soulstones do help)
- only one house on an account
- risk for PvP everywhere (don't want to changes that :p)

We can offer:
- one months start help in the guild Newborn on Siege 2, [NEW2] (basis items and advices and a place to hangout)
- PK's, who will go easy on you, your first month if you can keep the rules for NEW2 (You stay neutral, do not attack any, defense is ok, do not loot others kill and do not steal from players etc)
- a locked box in a public house and a free vendor your first month
- Bazaar venders, who will buy your stackable stuff, as npc vendors won't.
- A great community

If you want to give it a try:
- Make a char on Siege Perilous, if you are still "Young", you will have to wait or cancel your young status before you can see the shard on the list
- Join General Chat
- Ask for a NEW2 leader in gen chat. Feel free to hang out in our house, "Young Travelers Inn" in New Magincia until you get contact to one of us.

The rules for Siege may be hard to find now so I will try to explain. The ruleset Siege was born with had changed over the years, the one with Green is the one different from normal shard. The gray ones are long gone.

Siege rules

1. No recall, only gate spell works
2. No gating in and out of of dungeon.
3. Only one char on an account
4. NPC vendors take 3X the price for their wares.
5. NPC won't buy your wares and do not sell resources other than regs
6. RoT, Rate over Time skill gain for non resourse using skills.
7. No Trammel facet
8. All facets have the Siege ruleset, much like Fel ruleset, but reds can go to town as long they not attack, however guards do not protect them
9. No item Insurance but one Siege Bless, that works for one items at the time

Rate over Time system On Siege Perilous and Mugen, the RoT (Rate over time) system applies for gaining skill points above 70.
  • Skill points for skills less than 70 points will gain as normal shards.
  • Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points have a time limit of 5 minutes between points gained.
  • Skill points for skills between 80 and 89.9 have a time limit of 8 minutes between points gained.
  • Skill points for skills between 90 and 99.9 have a time limit of 12 minutes between points gained.
  • Skill points for skills between 100 and 120 have a time limit of 15 minutes between points gained.
  • Players will be allowed to gain 15 stat points a day. For stats only RoT resets once per day, at 8pm EST/1am GMT.
The RoT system actually helps slower skills have better chances at guaranteed gains. With slower skills like poisioning, training it in RoT saves you a lot of time and gold.

See you on UO's veteran shard with non con PvP.
Are the devs trying to make siege as unappealing as possible? When you see everything listed like that it's no wonder it's as unpopular as it is.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That depend of how you look at it. There are a few thing we would like to see changed but some should never changes.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive played various shards since almost the beginning (ill be 15 in a couple weeks) i had everything i wanted , killed every boss , it was too easy . i was frankly so bored i nearly quit , the excitement of the game i knew was gone .

as a last ditch effort i went to siege . 5 years later im still here .
ill never go back to production shards . i may not be the most leet pvper , but thats not the point. it belongs to no one style. siege is simply the "advanced" shard.

its the challenge of not only surviving in this harsh environment , but thriving in it . im lovin it =)

if you can do well here , you feel like you've accomplished something . even if your just a gardener , you can take pride that you survived the thorns and still grow some of the best damn plants anywhere.
(have you seen some of the house deco on siege ? holy flax these people are good !)

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What described is every other shard, except with a smaller population.

How is siege advanced at all? If anything is less advanced.

It's got pub 16 rules in an aos rule set. That's like trying to glue a smart phone to a nintendo and claiming its advanced.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's got pub 16 rules in an aos rule set. That's like trying to glue a smart phone to a nintendo and claiming its advanced.
No idea what you speak about, Pub 16 was never on Siege as far I know, it was something crazy about getting teleportered to a healer in town, when you died in Fel dungeons?
Siege was born before AoS, Trammel split and Pub 16. We had got alot public over the years, some was good and some was bad for Siege.

However the last years had been good for Siege

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't say when it was created, I'm talking about it's rule set.

It has rules mixed from different eras, and then with the slow skills gains, one char, one house, ect ... It just doesn't work. I think that's why hardly anyone said anything when it went down. Just my opinion : ]

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Skillgain is not really that slow, it was much slower when UO was 1-2 years old.
Amyway, if Siege is not for you, please move on.

Last edited:

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Freja,

I remember writing this a few weeks back....

The shard where you can be minding your own business buying random fishing goodies from a Yew vendor shop and the next minute you're being jumped by two murderers, somehow you manage to crawl your way to the moongate and escape with your life and your seashells! Hehe (true story, happened a coupla weeks back and Mollie says *two fingers to you two as well* :p).

Never had my heart thumping buying random crap on Atlantic heh....

Not a PvPer myself (too old/drunk/rubbish) but absolutely love it when ye olde ticker starts to pound when the opportunity of a good scrap presents itself.

Loving Siege
Loving what I 'see' of the peeps who play there
Love you Freja for what you're doing/have always done for Siege and its children xxx

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to think "why would anyone play on Siege?"
There are a lot of things about the ruleset that are intimidating until you give it a try. I was bored with the way thIngs work on Prodo, with the lack of risk, with the entire focus of the game seeming to turn on spreadsheets and suit-building. It wasn't the game I fell in love with 14 years ago, which is to be expected. Change is cool, but some changes to the mechanics of the game had the effect of also changing the flavor of the game for me. If I wanted to play a game about spreadsheets, I would do that. But I want to play a game about fantasy and magic, swordplay and Heroism, knights and murderers and thieves and wizards and all the things this game allows you to choose from. But that feeling was kinda sapped from the game for me.

So I thought I'd give Siege a try before I packed it in and left the game entirely, cuz what did I have to lose, really?

I'm glad I did. There is a sense of excitement in my game that I'd thought was gone. People talk to each other, and not just trash talk or trades. Those things too, sure, but not JUST those things. The banks are empty. Because people are out doing stuff. And sometimes you run across them out in the world, doing stuff. And sometimes they talk to you, and sometimes they run, and sometimes they kill you, but they pretty much never just ignore you. I wanted to play a fantasy MMO. With other people. I found that again on Siege and now I wonder why anyone would play anywhere else.

It's not for everybody, that's true. But why flame the thread? As Freja said, if Siege ain't your thing, that's cool. Move along, nothing to see here. We'll all continue having fun, playing the game.
I came to Siege over 4 years ago and posted a very similar thread!
If someone is done/bored with UO on prodo shards, give Siege an honest try....maybe you will love it like we do!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are entitled to your opinion. I happen to disagree with it. Please don't ridicule what you have no experience of and don't throw in grossly inaccurate numbers to support your claims. A simple visit to Stragics Siege forum will show the error in your math, and for every Siege player regularly posting there, as with other shards, there are many who lurk but don't post forums, not to mention those who don't know Stratics exists.
Petra is absolutely right . Every day I see more players that I've never seen before. Siege is a different animal altogether. Someone will come into Gen Chat and say "anyone there", and 20 people will pop out of hiding at any given time. No, thats not like the 300 swearing fools you'll see on Atls GC, but it's a community.

I wonder how many players left a guild on Atl in the past week, and it went unnoticed ? :p

Last edited:

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember playing siege in mid 2000 right after the Renaissance expansion. HOLY CRAP - that was an amazing experience. Delucia was hot with that hero/evil thing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I remember playing siege in mid 2000 right after the Renaissance expansion. HOLY CRAP - that was an amazing experience. Delucia was hot with that hero/evil thing.
Yep that was a wild time, at that time, I think half of the shard was red, now we only have a few reds.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on GL for a short period today. Even did a gold swap with someone who was planning to start Siege sometime. Many others advised they would come play soon as they allow a 2nd house. I didnt promote the shard, the people jumped when I mentioned I was from Siege.

Siege is growing and once they allow that house, it should expand hopefully.

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came to Siege over 4 years ago and posted a very similar thread!
If someone is done/bored with UO on prodo shards, give Siege an honest try....maybe you will love it like we do!
Even people with bad attitudes towards PKers can wind up staying on Siege if they stop by here on their way out of the UO exit door. I'm a prime example of that, and my post history in those two 1000+ post classic shard discussions are there as proof. <rolls eyes> Heck, I'm giving some thought to trying life as one of them. <g>

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We had got several new Siege players the last days, also a few I found running naked around Britain. They told they was back after several years, played before Trammel and was looking to find some of the challenge from the past.
I just love to see young players grow up and make their name on Siege, that be as a successful shop ovner, a crafter, a PK, a thief, a faction PvP'er, resource hunter or something else.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hardest problem with siege is low population. Otherwise, it's a blast. A lot of the Evil Lord SMuRFY episodes take place on siege because it's a fun place to be.

Last edited:

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the love for something different but I don't think I understand what the "goal" of Siege is. UO has evolved into an item chasing game. What is the point of hunting peerless and mini-champs if you can't safely use the drops you get? What is the point of runic crafting or reforging when your best pieces can never risk the light of day? Just seems like Siege just kind of takes away what a large majority of players really play for.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the love for something different but I don't think I understand what the "goal" of Siege is. UO has evolved into an item chasing game. What is the point of hunting peerless and mini-champs if you can't safely use the drops you get? What is the point of runic crafting or reforging when your best pieces can never risk the light of day? Just seems like Siege just kind of takes away what a large majority of players really play for.
Those of us who are not so focused on items have no problem with it. I myself rarely use anything that I haven't crafted and imbued. I'd love to see a pre-AoS shard offered, not going to happen though.

Siege is also great for people like me who are into playing in the crafting corner of this sandbox we play in. With no insurance, things need to be replaced. Here, things don't last forever. Here resources need to be gathered to make replacements for those things that don't last forever. Here prices are normal, not hyper-inflated.

I was on the way out the door when I decided to stop in here and check Siege out. Even as anti-pk as I am, I'm rather enjoying it here. I think this shards society is what Richard Garriott had in mind when he created UO back in the 90's

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's hard to explain, for me, there is only Siege. I had tryed to go back to play Atlantic but I really don't like that game. Trammel is to safe and Felucca is a big arena.
I started playing before Trammel and I loved the game, I loved the risk. I could take some risk, I could not do in RL. The reds was a challenge, I had to find a way to handle and added alot of spice to my game. Some of them was and is good customers too, when they visite my shop.

Some love the game Siege offer, some like, what Trammel offer, that's all fine, as long we all have fun. For me, losing my gear is not all bad, I can just make some new and most time, it get a little better than my old suit.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't spend a lot of time on Siege these days, but I pop in almost every day and putter around. I had big dreams originally of having a crafter's shop there, but that didn't turn out so well. I spent ridiculous amounts of time hunting, mining, lumberjacking, etc., to stock up on resources for crafting and had stocked vendors and low prices on my items (I spent time researching what other people were charging and tried to make sure I was well in line with their prices, not under-cutting and not overcharging). Unfortunately, the stuff I wanted to sell just sat there on vendors, with vendor charges eating up any small profit I might have made. For a while, you can keep the stuff out there as a way of providing a service. But after awhile, the realization sunk in that with a shop outside guard zone and no means or interest in trying to acquire and sell really uber stuff or "rares," my shop was just going to flounder.
I came here to run a shop to sell goods I crafted and have set one up at a spot a GIL member gave me just outside Zento's north wall after I'd set up business at a couple other locations outside Zento. It's primarily house deco goods with tools & some other stuff included. The vendors make enough to support themselves which is really all I require of them. Hopefully house deco business will pick up as more wander in to check out Siege. If Mesanna does set up that 2nd house on Siege system, their should be a serious surge in business. :)

I now buy basic resources using a Bazaar vendor which frees up the time spent mining & logging to do other things. I buy zoogi fungus for 200 gold each (40,000 gold for the 200 to make 100 Translocation Powder) and sell the Translocation Powder I make doing the Matriarch's Quest for 100,000 gold. I pay a higher price than other Bazaar vendors do which brings resource gatherers to my vendor. They make more gold, I save time to do the things I want to do. :)

I make my main gold by selling the Translocation Powder, Seeds of Renewal from 200 plants, Chaga Mushrooms, Silver Serpent Skins & Venom, and whatever else the Bazaar vendors are offering good gold for. It's a decent living and I have time to do what I'm in the mood for on Siege.

There was a medium sized house spot at the west end of Zento's north wall last time I was down that way. It might still be free.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have played Siege (on several accounts) since it opened in the summer of 1999. I keep a low profile (and always have) - I dont pk unless attacked and love it more than any other shard I have played. I must admit over the last 13+ years many things have changed - some good some not as good. As long as you can not transfer items to Siege I will continue to play.
Biggest plus besides that is the nice people who play there.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have played Siege (on several accounts) since it opened in the summer of 1999. I keep a low profile (and always have) - I dont pk unless attacked and love it more than any other shard I have played. I must admit over the last 13+ years many things have changed - some good some not as good. As long as you can not transfer items to Siege I will continue to play.
Biggest plus besides that is the nice people who play there.
I'd like to see Veteran items, UO store items, and holiday gift items be able to be transferred in only, not out. I'd like to deco my place here as I have my house on Chessie decorated. All the rest of the deco items & the piles of checks can stay there.

With just one character per account receiving such items here and so many being lost with people setting up on, then leaving Siege, we need a way to get more deco items here.

It's not like the prices here are high enough to draw much crosstrader attention, especially with it being a one way transfer system, in, not, out.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
* Stokes the fire and takes another sip of good old Moonglow Red*

Traveling the lands of Siege has been very enjoyable. A part from a nasty Troll here and a Dark wisp there.

Plenty of people to escort around and tell my found tales of Sosaria to.

*Throws another log on the fire and writes some note in his journal*

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope I do not agree - transferring has caused all sorts of problems. I could buy up tons of those items and transfer them thus causing a major change to the shard.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope I do not agree - transferring has caused all sorts of problems. I could buy up tons of those items and transfer them thus causing a major change to the shard.
They could limit it by making the items account bound perhaps, and make everything an account transfers in only useable at a house owned by that account.

I could use the items brought in by Tanivar's account on my shop here. Anything I bring in using Landreu's account could not be used at Tanivar's shop in spite of Landreu being a co-owner. I would have to set up a house owned by Landreu to be able to use the items transferred in using his account.

This would definitely reduce the impact of the items. They could also block the transfer of anything that might carry a combat modifier. No Heritage Tokens would transfer. They would need to be changed into an item that carries no combat modifiers first.

Sound better?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe a way to turn store brought items like garden beds back to a code so you can claim it on an other shard. If you choose to turn it to a code, the code will be send to your email. They can only be claimed of same account that turned them in

Also allow rewards to be reclaimed or made to codes to move them. I'm not sure with soulstones, maybe only emty soulstones should be allowed to be reclaimed.

Daelomin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would love to try Siege... if they made a European version.. Will not bother with bad ping/latency vs an american server.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We are alot from EU, I'm danish, ping is not really a problem for me.

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would love to try Siege... if they made a European version.. Will not bother with bad ping/latency vs an american server.
I ping about 130 from EU. That might be a number people say they couldn't accept, but I never notice it. I don't pvp, but I do steal stuff. Not once has lag been an issue. But then again, I'm old enough to have played when 400 ms ping was awesome. ^^

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i was at an idoc and it was old just all the junk left like just house stuff and some red killed my noob character after i picked up a forge and anvil..... and thats why people dont play ,you have like 12 people on that shard that own so much and they are out killing noobs tryin to pick up a forge to get started....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
well i was at an idoc and it was old just all the junk left like just house stuff and some red killed my noob character after i picked up a forge and anvil..... and thats why people dont play ,you have like 12 people on that shard that own so much and they are out killing noobs tryin to pick up a forge to get started....
They was just happy to find someone to kill, like when a hungry fox see 10 chicken, it have to kill them all, even when it can't eat them all.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anything, Siege makes better PvPers. You learn to fight with the bare minimum and dont have to rely on your suits, just sheer skill. The times I have left SP and gone to play Prodo with friend or for the heck of it, i was notorious and hated for taking down the big names. I always won duels, destroyed people when I was outnumbered, and just good with my tactics. I dont need an ubersuit to PvP on prodo and never will need it and still keep up with people no problem.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found that if you ask in General Chat, there's usually at least one person online/around who is willing to make you just about anything you need, for free or cheap. Plus there's a lot of great vendors in Zento and New Mag that sell stuff for players just starting out (like anvils/forges/ovens/looms/etc.). And lots of great stuff for deco, too. I've had so much fun on Siege over the past 4 months, finding vendors, and scouting the lands, and trying out new areas I've never been to before. Siege has gotten me out of the typical rut I get stuck in on production shards. Not being able to buy everything you need in Luna has forced me to venture into Shame, Ter Mur, etc. in search of ingredients or deco or just for fun. I've seen more of the game thanks to Siege than I ever did on production shards. Almost everyone I come across has been so friendly and helpful, and I try to be friendly and helpful in return. I've had more fun on SP over the last 4 months than I have in about 6 years on the production shards. I still enjoy Atlantic a lot, but Siege has given me a whole huge array of stuff to do and try that I never gave a 2nd thought to on Atlantic.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I also add that the Arms Lore Bonus that makes all base pieces of barbed with 50 Resist instead of 47 like on Prodo is a plus? Thats 18 Resists Lost From Suit! Can make so much nicer suits on SP.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to give SP a little promo......

You know your having a little fun when you get a rush from killing mongbats and see a red fly by on your screen.

Plus there is a Danish woman playing on SP :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Nope I do not agree - transferring has caused all sorts of problems. I could buy up tons of those items and transfer them thus causing a major change to the shard."

The flaw with your logic is I could already buy up tons of those items through the EAstore and bring them to siege via the enter promo code option :) Vet Rewards are not exactly game changing power items unless you think a runebook dye tub is going to change the dynamics of siege or a seed box is going to the new ultimate PvP weapon. As far as stones they would of course have to be empty. I don't imagine for vet rewards that it would be to difficult to allow them to be converted back into reward choices and simply let them be re chosen on siege so you could not bring more vet rewards than are the max that your account could have chosen anyway. As I said anything brought to siege can never leave siege again thus a major deterent to bringing things to siege as Xfring is the Real Life traders bread n butter would be pointless to make trillions on siege that could not be transferred to say atlantic and sold for .79 cents per million.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want more people to play on siege and spend time there you are going to have to throw a bone or two. Most people are not going to wait a year and use thier 15th year reward choice as a etheral on siege. Most people are not going to buy more stones and store other Store items to play on siege. I admit as much as I enjoy playing on siege as a 15 year vet why would I move there full time when I can't have the basic things I have already earned through the Vet reward system or paid real money for through the EASTORE? BTW I don't think you will buy tons of say raised beds on production shards at 23,000,000 to 28,000,000 per bed to move them to siege to sell for 4-5 mil that you could never take off siege. As it is most of my game time is going to have to be where most of my resources are but the things I outlined would be enough for me to move siege full time. Of course I have met a few on siege that don't want anyone new to come to siege at all they are entitled to their opinion but it sure seems self destructive to me.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We do need an influx of house deco items on Siege. On prodo shards you get 5 to 7 sets of holiday gifts and the extras can be sold to newer players who didn't get them. On Siege we get one set of gifts and those who join Siege later on will likely never have those deco items because they're are no extras to buy from the older account players, or they are held by a closed account and may never be seen again.

Heck, never turned up so much as a wreath for Christmas deco last month. :(

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We do need an influx of house deco items on Siege. On prodo shards you get 5 to 7 sets of holiday gifts and the extras can be sold to newer players who didn't get them. On Siege we get one set of gifts and those who join Siege later on will likely never have those deco items because they're are no extras to buy from the older account players, or they are held by a closed account and may never be seen again.

Heck, never turned up so much as a wreath for Christmas deco last month. :(

I was hopping around seeing what i have on varios shards and amazingly found an account that I have never stripped the gifts from on I think it was chessy The Gifts went back to the hand dipped solstice candles in 2003 or 2004 , mistletoem wreaths, trimmings, smow piles, icy patches. On Legends and GL I just toss that stuff in the trash for the clean up points. One thing I did and do notice about siege though is the holiday Deco get pretty darned creative with normal objects!

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would join if it wasn't only for a couple of things, 1 character is incredibly restrictive, i'm from the UK and ping could be an issue and wearing 1 or more artifacts and you can only bless 1? i wouldn't want a perma bless anyway but a temporary one that you always have to work for on multiples of kit would for me be a nice touch.

I wish the recruiter the best of luck.

T

Tazar

One character is restrictive - but it has advantages. It helps build the community as you learn to rely on crafters, etc instead of relying on your 2nd and 3rd character. Even so - this can be overcome with a few soulstones.

As to being in the UK - there are several UK and European players on Siege. Typically - they use disposable imbued suits or shame loot rather than arties and they are not that worried about losing the stuff. Few even keep items from a kill other than gold/arrows/bandaids.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not as restrictive as one might think. If you have a crafter you can earn a fair living, if you suck at pvp you can make a good living gathering resources. Before soul stones and 6th and 7th character slots it was not restrictive on prod. shards but I imagine now that most people are running 7 slots they would argue 5 characters would be restrictive. Most people I know have atleast a second account so a support toon is not that un common. A healthy economy inflation has not wrecked it. A million gold actually is valuable, you earn a reputation good or bad and it sticks, the one toon per account is not nearly as horrid as it sounds but it does force you to make choices.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would join if it wasn't only for a couple of things, 1 character is incredibly restrictive, i'm from the UK and ping could be an issue and wearing 1 or more artifacts and you can only bless 1? i wouldn't want a perma bless anyway but a temporary one that you always have to work for on multiples of kit would for me be a nice touch.

I wish the recruiter the best of luck.
One character is good, you get to know people better. Plus with soulstones it's kinda not so much an issue anymore. I have plenty of crafting skills, which are so easy on siege with ROT and alacrities, on stones even though I mainly play a treasure hunter.

And the UK point isn't an issue, I live in London and have no problems keeping pace. Any issue would be down to the ISP and the speed you get.

And having no insurance, or temp bless, is a good thing. But it'll be hard to convince some of that.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deadly Serious I am UK and to be absolutely truthful, I don't really notice a difference in the speed I move at between Siege and Europa. Check your ping, anything below around 120 - 130 won't really be an issue.

Last edited: