• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Investigation: The Case of the Vesper Bank Robbery

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to be working better now ;) There seemed to be a hiccup with the Manager. When he said " I have a request for you ... " (if you say yes again it takes it back towards the begining convo). I could not get him to respond to anything. After a while and just saying random things, he did finally respond. I think I may have missed some of his convo in the process. I did find the next very snooty person to talk to though. Simply because they weren't in their regular spot like they have been forever ;)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like I'm missing something important that would help the rest of this make some sense...

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a bit of old dialogue that kept popping up - I think I managed to weed it all out.

Faeryl - where are you stuck?

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still not able to get any information regarding the Manager's actual request, if there is one? I know of a few other NPCs I can talk to, but I don't really know where to go from the one, and I can't get anywhere with the others for lack of information. I'm just really confused.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ Same for me. I found Juwain and I can go no further cause I cannot answer his question. I dunno who I supposed to talk to next after the Manager's wife. She seems really snooty and shut-me down in questioning her lol. Anywho this is what we are talking about. We cannot get him to respond. Like I said, I was just throwing words out there and got him to answer me.

ghj.JPG

One a side note, I found a NPC named Robert. His convo about him and LT. Jeffrey is awesome. Sounds like they had one heck of a night drinking :)

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faeryl ... Say the word that is in the FRONT of Noble in his text. It will give you the missing part. It ties some text together. I am still trying to figure out his Request also. ;)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faeryl ... Say the word that is in the FRONT of Noble in his text. It will give you the missing part. It ties some text together. I am still trying to figure out his Request also. ;)
Yeah, I got that part, which is how I found Lady DeMaje... Still stuck though.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, me to. Going to work on it later tonight.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm having the same exact problems mentioned above, specifically that I'm not sure if/what Karel has a request, where to go after speaking to his wife, and what to say to Juwain. I also found the aforementioned Robert and a Tim the beggar, but not sure if they are related to this or not since I can't get anything useful out of them. Except the Jeffrey story, which I agree with Bytor is pretty great.

Anyway, I feel like I'm really missing something too.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a slight change to Karel that will hopefully make things a bit clearer - there were too many ways the conversation could "branch" so I pruned it a little. Also, as is noted in the assignment book for the case (sitting next to Jeffrey), there are up to five people that you may speak with, although some of them may not be specifically pointed to - you are going to have to consider what is said, and maybe act on a few hunches.

This is too cryptic to be considered a clue, but always consider not just what is said and by whom, but other clues that may be provided in the course of your interviews...

Also, in the assignment book it says reports are due by Sunday at 11:59pm EST - since there was a slight alteration to Karel's dialogue, I'm going to leave the quest itself up until then as well (it was set to end on Saturday originally).

I'm glad someone found Robert - he is one of those peripheral RPCs who is seen from time to time, and has been referred to (if not named) during events and fiction. His is an interesting story, though not one central to the major happenings.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I found Robert and talked to him, I thought it was a Hoot ! I would encourage anyone to go find him on the Vesper Docks and say Hello. It made my day :) I'll go give Karel a try now. Thank you.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's funny, I only found Robert because I decided to look for a customs clerk after talking to Lady Constance and figured there might be one at the docks. Instead I found a caterer ... which then got me thinking about Karel's reference to a ball. I swear, this event is making me really dig for all sorts of weird connections.

Thanks for fixing things, Barnaby, I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Barnaby! Just putting all the pieces together now! :)

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My apologies, it may be a few days yet before the scores are updated - it's been a busy few days for me and I've got a few things that need to be tended to first (such as putting recent trophies in the rewards hall.

I looked through a few of them (but not all) and was glad to see that some of you had some pretty accurate "hunches" - for someone who was "missing something" in the beginning, Mylar sure found out a heck of a lot ;)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still trying to patiently wait for the point totals to be updated... :p