• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion Feedback

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

The time between invasions is great. We are having a lot of fun on LS. Very good community effort and helping each other. Spellbooks are great!

1. The weapons are pretty crappy compared to the spellbooks. They just have High damage and Mana leech and a eater. Most are dropped on the ground. Can you add Life and mana leech to some of them along with damage and some other property like ssi? If these dropped when ML came out, they would be usable. Now an imbued weapon is better than these.

2. Some folks are having a lot of lag issues. Four of us crashed when the Titan that has Chain lightning fired. Others are laggy when the invasion starts. Not sure what you can do about this.

3. The Titans need to be scaled to the amount of players near them. The titans are dying way too fast. We are fighting in groups. We call out when a Mage officer is out. They take a group a lot longer to kill than the Titans do. They need scaled to the number of people near them.

4. The slayer property is not staying on a weapon for 24 hours. I put it on at 10pm last night and it was gone when I logged on at 4pm. Said I cant use it again. So I couldnt use it today.

We love the invasions but some are frustrated by the lag and by the time they find the Titan it is already dead.

Excellent part of the arc! Thanks to all of the Devs!:thumbsup:

We are going to be having a lot of fun for the next two months!

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please let mages cast summons! *bats eyes sweetly*

Concerning #4 - I noticed this too with spellbooks also. I am wondering if it is because we take them out of our hands to use another weapon? I switch to slayer for monster mobs and my scrapper's for the humans. I seem to notice it after a switch like that.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree without SSI and ML and it'd be nice to have a few other good qualities but SSI and ML are a MUST... I'm not using a weapon that has a 4.0 second swing I don't care what is on it ... hell it could be 100DI and sparkle for all I care... it will go in the trash...

The spellbooks are GREAT.... weapons.... garbage...

Also where is the gloves and helm of the red/black set and the gloves/helm/gorget for the green and black??? Who wants 1/2 a set and since I can't "make" the other pieces... well..... :(:mad:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Either fix the mobs spawning inside walls or at other unreachable places in Trinsic or just remove Trinsic from the cities that can be invaded.
Other than that, it is being fairly fun.
The Titan's HP scaling accordingly to the number of people fighting the invasion would be a swell idea too.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please let mages cast summons! *bats eyes sweetly*

Concerning #4 - I noticed this too with spellbooks also. I am wondering if it is because we take them out of our hands to use another weapon? I switch to slayer for monster mobs and my scrapper's for the humans. I seem to notice it after a switch like that.
No. My dress macro for my tamer's luck suit puts a 190 luck bokuto in my hand/it unequipped my 49 SDI invasion spellbook that I threw Pagan Slayer on to test the damage (related: with 120 eval, I only did ~32 damage with it to Lithos. Even with my SDI suit/spellweaving spells I'd likely be in the low 100's...which is still more than my whammy was able to do with auto-attacks against Hydros - I maxed out at 97 damage with Onslaught and Consecrate.) It looks like it keeps Pagan Titan Slayer for about 6 hours? Maybe less. Not sure, I haven't timed it.

tbh, I wanted to do this on my dexers and not my tamer, but it isn't worth it to do it that way. I'm not sure if any other slayers work on them (Elemental does not work on Hydros, from what I was able to tell when I first fought it), but I got A LOT of 29 damage hits on Hydros; this was with Enemy of One active too. I don't mind the inability to use Armor Ignore on some of them, but I don't have double axes made to deal with each one's weakness - outside of Pyros, I'm not sure what their weakest resists are.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Bleak

The time between invasions is great. We are having a lot of fun on LS. Very good community effort and helping each other. Spellbooks are great!

1. The weapons are pretty crappy compared to the spellbooks. They just have High damage and Mana leech and a eater. Most are dropped on the ground. Can you add Life and mana leech to some of them along with damage and some other property like ssi? If these dropped when ML came out, they would be usable. Now an imbued weapon is better than these.

2. Some folks are having a lot of lag issues. Four of us crashed when the Titan that has Chain lightning fired. Others are laggy when the invasion starts. Not sure what you can do about this.

3. The Titans need to be scaled to the amount of players near them. The titans are dying way too fast. We are fighting in groups. We call out when a Mage officer is out. They take a group a lot longer to kill than the Titans do. They need scaled to the number of people near them.

4. The slayer property is not staying on a weapon for 24 hours. I put it on at 10pm last night and it was gone when I logged on at 4pm. Said I cant use it again. So I couldnt use it today.

We love the invasions but some are frustrated by the lag and by the time they find the Titan it is already dead.

Excellent part of the arc! Thanks to all of the Devs!:thumbsup:

We are going to be having a lot of fun for the next two months!
I'd leave the weapons with over capped damage, and damage eater (it's different, I like that), and then a chance of up to 3 more properties from a pool containing random slayer, all 3 leeches, ssi, dci, and hci, all over capped like the damage. That way you could easily roll a usable weapon, potentially a really good one, and they wouldn't be a dime a dozen.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The titans do seem a bit underpowered. They kept dying on Chessie fast enough that most of us who'd been fighting to get them to spawn hadn't even found the titan before he was dead. I've done 4 invasions from start to end, but guaranteed I'm not yet on "the list" simply because the titans were going down so fast.

I love the colored armor, but I'd agree, please make it so there's complete suits that we can piece together. Sandles or boots are way too infrequent, and I've not yet seen these parts drop:
  • Plate Helm (or Bascinet or Norse Helm)
  • Platemail Gloves
  • Ringmail Gloves
  • Ringmail Leggings
  • Ringmail Tunic
  • Studded Gloves
  • Studded Gorget
  • Studded Sleeves

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, when the invasion spawn is dragons, it can get a wee bit ugly.
Often there are too many of them at the same spot, and 5 dragons with 2K+ HP breathing fire at you means you are dead, no matter if you have 75 fire resist, is mounting a swamp dragon with exceptional barding and just had a fire fish pie.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, when the invasion spawn is dragons, it can get a wee bit ugly.
Often there are too many of them at the same spot, and 5 dragons with 2K+ HP breathing fire at you means you are dead, no matter if you have 75 fire resist, is mounting a swamp dragon with exceptional barding and just had a fire fish pie.
Wouldn't be so bad but when I'm fighting 2 dragons and an Ancient worm really sucks when people keep running by looking for certain captains and dragging 10 things in tow to leave at my feet when I'm already taxed to the limit and beyond...

Also it's pretty sad that the Captains and Generals take 10x longer than the Titan.

Tone down the Generals a tad and beef the Titan... just a smidge lets not go all insane.

Anyway been fun so far just wish the weapons were better... but I've never really found good weapons for loot that weren't splintering or some such... but without SSI and all the leeches I can't think of any use for them... they could at least be some spiffy color or have some unique name if they are going to be totally useless for anything else... sad the mages get a boon and dexers get the shaft.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The titans do seem a bit underpowered. They kept dying on Chessie fast enough that most of us who'd been fighting to get them to spawn hadn't even found the titan before he was dead. I've done 4 invasions from start to end, but guaranteed I'm not yet on "the list" simply because the titans were going down so fast.

I love the colored armor, but I'd agree, please make it so there's complete suits that we can piece together. Sandles or boots are way too infrequent, and I've not yet seen these parts drop:
  • Plate Helm (or Bascinet or Norse Helm)
  • Platemail Gloves
  • Ringmail Gloves
  • Ringmail Leggings
  • Ringmail Tunic
  • Studded Gloves
  • Studded Gorget
  • Studded Sleeves
THIS ^^^^ +1

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh and while your at it .... could I get a spiffy pair or two of the Thigh Boots in each of these colors????

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to like see "Bane"-propery also on melee weapons. Not just on ranged ones.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bane on melee weapons and to cut generals HP by 30% and up the Titan HP by 50% to 75% would be a good change.
The generals just take too long to die.

Also, increase the spawn of mage generals a tad as well.
The books are the best drop of this part of the event.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This one for sure. Just bumping them by 25-60% would make it impossible to kill them once the "new" wears off of it in a week and there are only 7-10 of us trying to kill it.

Once I realized the Slayer property only lasted about 6 hours and the timer was 24 hours I began to give this one some thought. Possibly done by design. With the "top attacker" list thing active in this part maybe they are giving all players a window to have the Slayer property without others having it in order to get on the list.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe also titans should drop something interesting o.0? I have not heard that Titan bosses have dropped anything but loot generated artifacts.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's probably worth noting that a lot of weapons are just crappy altogether due to their special moves. I got a lajatang but I do not foresee any use for that. The high mana leech on these weapons is cool, but without armor ignore, the leech goes to waste. I also got a bow which arguably could have some kind of pvp application but not much use in pvm, again because of its special moves.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Female Armour!!.........are there no women invaders? No wonder the men folk of Pagan are so angry....

So sexist........
Saw one on Sonoma, leather skirt, and female top armor. I do agree we need to see more pieces and why are all the Men armorless on the chest? I see more like that then anything else, and no gloves?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe also titans should drop something interesting o.0? I have not heard that Titan bosses have dropped anything but loot generated artifacts.
You get the rewards from Titan fighting in Part 5, so make sure you hit them with your best shot.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I helped kill around 15 only got looting rights once

So first day killed invasion for over 9 hours and I'm still not going to get rewards because I am not the top damage dealer ?

Doesn't seem like a very good system at all. Total BS just like EM and doom odds

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's not just based on damage dealt, it's based on damage taken and healing those taking damage from the titan so if you feel you can't do enough damage, just heal people that are or run in to it and die a lot ;)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The weapons that are dropping are far better than any other weapons I see dropping elsewhere in the game... especially the bows. Atleast SOME of these may at some point will be useful. That's far better than doing Shadowguard or Exodus and getting weapons with 5 mods like "9 Stamina Regen" and "10% Reflect Physical Damage".

Spellbooks are awesome.

The Vesper invasions have been a pain. There are always some stragglers that wander out to the mainland and the titan won't spawn until they die.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like others have said, I think smaller shards are going to struggle clearing cities and having Titans spawn after the first week due to how long some of this spawn takes to kill.

Vic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Tired of the incompetent and lazy staff over at uo; maybe if they spent more time working on code instead of donuts **** wouldn't be so bugged, think this is it for me going to close all down!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They kill the titan in a matter of seconds trying to heal them or even dieing a lot at best maybe 1 time if it targets you with out armor

Not well thought out at all, should be based of time spent killing the invasion not top attackers

I notice on PAC a lot of players wait until spawn is killed then come in and kill titan in seconds, they not even helping clear the spawn but get awarded for it.

Sorry this is a very bad decision and design

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Like others have said, I think smaller shards are going to struggle clearing cities and having Titans spawn after the first week due to how long some of this spawn takes to kill.
4 of us on Origin did it...3 hours or so....took Pyros down in about 10 minutes..not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be...it's actually going rather well :)

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I am loving it, agree Titan dies too fast but easy to get rights if you can find it in time, please finish armor sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Already on the first day we're seeing 3 or 4 people working for hours to clear a city only to have a ton of people gate right to the Titan to kill it off quickly, then go back to the bank to wait for the next one.

PLEASE don't make top damager to the Titans the only consideration for rewards for stage 5!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Already on the first day we're seeing 3 or 4 people working for hours to clear a city only to have a ton of people gate right to the Titan to kill it off quickly, then go back to the bank to wait for the next one.

PLEASE don't make top damager to the Titans the only consideration for rewards for stage 5!
AGAIN it's not JUST damage dealt...it's damage taken and healing those taking damage...ALL of those count!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did invasions for much of yesterday. I fought three different types of titans (one twice). I got looting rights everything, even though only one of my four was using the "Pagan Titan Slayer" buff. I used a standard paladin, two tamers (one with a GD and one with a Cu), and a garg thrower. On two of them I was sure that I would not get rights because my damage output was so low, but I did. So that being said, I personally have found that getting the looting rights to a titan has not been too difficult.

However, getting to the titan when it spawns IS a problem. Both in Trinsic and in Vesper we cleared spawn all over, and when the titan arrived folks missed out because they were on the wrong side of town. That definitely was not good.

Aside from that issue, my only real complaint is that I'm leaving my mages at home. They can't contend with one general in the time it takes a dexxer or tamer to do three because they can't summon RCs or EVs. In writing that I do wonder, has anyone used Earth Eles?

But yeah, overall I'm loving it, and THE SPELLBOOKS ARE AWESOME!

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AGAIN it's not JUST damage dealt...it's damage taken and healing those taking damage...ALL of those count!
If the Titan is dead before you can even find it....hell it can take a minute just to find who/what is taking damage to heal...your argument is not a good one. The titan is dying way too fast. As someone already said it should scale to the attacking force.

Way too fast +1

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's all good IF the Titan didn't die so quick. Hardly anyone really takes damage from the Titan, so that leaves little to heal. This event IS a highest damage for the win event.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice on PAC a lot of players wait until spawn is killed then come in and kill titan in seconds, they not even helping clear the spawn but get awarded for it.
Many players have multiple accounts, and will have standby characters that will need to get looting rights as well. So you will see a lot of this no matter the shard.

Maybe they did work the Spawn and you just are not aware...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's all good IF the Titan didn't die so quick. Hardly anyone really takes damage from the Titan, so that leaves little to heal. This event IS a highest damage for the win event.
I killed Pyros with my rune beetle...he did 14-18 damage per hit.....and I got looting rights.....I don't consider that HIGH damage :)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I killed Pyros with my rune beetle...he did 14-18 damage per hit.....and I got looting rights.....I don't consider that HIGH damage :)
As you said, there were only four of you. Of course you got looting rights.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As you said, there were only four of you. Of course you got looting rights.
Against a sampire with slayer weap, mage with a 49% SDI book and titan slayer AND A GD?? 14 damage?? come on...really?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried dragging a pair of Earth ellies from outside of town, but they were a pain to lead to the fights, poofing when you need them most. Also no chance to get them to the Titan boss in a timely manner. Summoners are nerfed.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Against a sampire with slayer weap, mage with a 49% SDI book and titan slayer AND A GD?? 14 damage?? come on...really?
DOH! Usually about 16 people can get looting rights.. 4 of you? really?

I'm keeping my opinion that the Dev team had good intentions, but poorly implemented on final rewards for this event.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No there have been many MANY times I hunt with my guild and just 4 or 5 of us and I don't get looting rights on things.....

Not poorly implemented...you have how many days? And how many titans you can attempt?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No there have been many MANY times I hunt with my guild and just 4 or 5 of us and I don't get looting rights on things.....

Not poorly implemented...you have how many days? And how many titans you can attempt?
Keep waving your pom poms, mine are on the ground. Same as usual, I'll most likely do the event on Atl, instead of my smaller home shard.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Keep waving your pom poms, mine are on the ground. Same as usual, I'll most likely do the event on Atl, instead of my smaller home shard.
Pom poms? No. The invasion type event was one of the most popular requested activities we've seen people ask for the developers to bring back at meet and greets. They heard us and brought it back.

What do you expect? Every person on ATL to get a drop from every titan?

I play on ATL and I also haven't gotten any drops from Titan just yet. Give it a few days after the larger crowds die down a bit. It's only been live a day and a half.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If I am outside of town (Vesper) There's a TON of stuff out here lol..will I still get the message when the Titan spawns?

And yes, we ALL have asked for invasions...for a LONG time....this is just so fun! I've been using several types of pets, gonna do the next one on my samp see how she does ;)

So far I've only killed one Titan..hope the vesper one spawns soon...been 2 hours already.....but there's about 4 of us fighting here..again..new people!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pom poms? No. The invasion type event was one of the most popular requested activities we've seen people ask for the developers to bring back at meet and greets. They heard us and brought it back.

What do you expect? Every person on ATL to get a drop from every titan?

I play on ATL and I also haven't gotten any drops from Titan just yet. Give it a few days after the larger crowds die down a bit. It's only been live a day and a half.
Well, if I read it wrong correct me, but I don't believe you get drops from the Titans... you are earning point system towards a reward package at the end of the event. If that is the case, nobody knows what they are earning. But anyone doing "a lot" of damage" can probably feel confident they may earn top rewards. That's what I got from what @Kyronix said. I actually hope I'm wrong on this.

Previous info in another thread:

VIPStratics Veteran

@Kyronix So to get a prize in Part V, you have to kill the Titans... How many Titans? How many prize choices can you get on a character? Will the prizes be awarded on a curve, a la the Gargoyle Cure? (please say no, nobody felt good after that event ended) Is it the title plus one or more of the other choices?

It is determined by placement on the "top attacker" list, even though that's a bit of a misnomer since it's a combination of the different factors mentioned in the post. You need to get on that list only once, in any position, and you get one reward package choice per character.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I don't think the titans drop anything, but you have to kill them to get rewarded during the next phase.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am outside of town (Vesper) There's a TON of stuff out here lol..will I still get the message when the Titan spawns?

And yes, we ALL have asked for invasions...for a LONG time....this is just so fun! I've been using several types of pets, gonna do the next one on my samp see how she does ;)

So far I've only killed one Titan..hope the vesper one spawns soon...been 2 hours already.....but there's about 4 of us fighting here..again..new people!
Right. I've used my White Wyrm, Rune Beetle, and Nightmare so far. I've used the Nightmare for Vesper and Brit since they're larger towns. If Trinsic ever pops as the town I'll be on a mount for that as well. I might try my Fire/regular beetles eventually.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 5 slot drake was doing 80 to 100 on Generals then 9 to 12 on the titans. Was an Energy Drake with all 120 skills.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Right. I've used my White Wyrm, Rune Beetle, and Nightmare so far. I've used the Nightmare for Vesper and Brit since they're larger towns. If Trinsic ever pops as the town I'll be on a mount for that as well. I might try my Fire/regular beetles eventually.
I will be hoping Trinsic won't pop as the invaded town for you.
When it happens, you absolutely need a GM to end the invasion.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will be hoping Trinsic won't pop as the invaded town for you.
When it happens, you absolutely need a GM to end the invasion.
Actually no you don't..we still had stuff stuck in the walls when Pyro's spawned there.