• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Introduction to Siege Event!!!

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Curious about that weird place called Siege? Ever wondered what the "hard shard" is really all about? Then join members of the Siege community on Sunday, March 8th at 7.00pm Eastern as we present a guide to the Siege Perilous way and its people.

Find out about the differences between the Siege ruleset and that of regular shards and hear us dispel some of the many myths and misconceptions that surround our home. Learn about the land where GM armour vendors are still kept fully occupied, a regular Scrapper's is far more than just a glorified doorstop, and anything selling for over 5 million gold is high-end indeed. Along the way we will drop in on a couple of player towns, the infamous Siege Luna, and the home of the unique Siege "Counsellor" guild called NEW which has been helping newcomers to the shard for over nine years.

So whether you are seriously interested in Siege or merely inquisitive, roll up a character and join us at the Skara Brae Community Centre* (just east of the bank) and find out why so many people starting on Siege never want to return to their old shards again.

*In the event that Skara is under invasion, please meet up at the Jhelom Counsellor hall.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hell! I might even show up for this! Sounds like fun to me.

A

archite666

*Crosses arms* Il be there, defending, and ushering in our new brothern to their newly found home.

Hope to see everyone there!

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I also heard that Shalimar who runs NEW will be there as well.

K

kahlia

What a great idea. Everyone needs to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. Thanks Hoffs! =)

R

RichDC

I have a favour, Im in the UK and that time is 3am on monday morning!! i have work at 5! Can we please, if its ok with others to either move the event to saturday or earlier in the day??

I have a char on siege and really would like to get to know the community but i cannot make that time!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I will bet we can do another to accommodate a different time zone. *nods*

R

RichDC

That would be awesome, to only see the odd person(and i do mean odd!) around luna bank is becoming disheartening...its as if im alone on the shard...heck i dont even have to stealth most of the time!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yes it will be separate, but equal..
*smiles* Siege has players from all over the world. With sufficient planning, I am certain we can do this on a fairly regular basis and at times that will good for anyone interested.

A

archite666

*Prepares batches of gm armor and machettes of defence*

*Sharpens mage weapon*

Oh yes....there will probably be blood.....

Someone must defend the young.......

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Don't forget the cape, Cash...

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Prepares batches of gm armor and machettes of defence*

*Sharpens mage weapon*

Oh yes....there will probably be blood.....

Someone must defend the young.......
I think it was a KoC who killed my new player the other day. I decided to get and make a guy there. Was on way to sheep pens in yew to get some wool and some guy ran out of his house just to kill me and then run back into his house. Guess a welcome to seige. O well. Ill be keeping my eye on you Cash....

S

Sweeney

I think it was a KoC who killed my new player the other day. I decided to get and make a guy there. Was on way to sheep pens in yew to get some wool and some guy ran out of his house just to kill me and then run back into his house. Guess a welcome to seige. O well. Ill be keeping my eye on you Cash....
Siege prides itself on weeding out the weak. We are very friendly to those we know aren't just opportunists.

PS: Everyone get's that welcome wagon.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Siege prides itself on weeding out the weak. We are very friendly to those we know aren't just opportunists.

PS: Everyone get's that welcome wagon.
*chuckles* Sweeney tried to kill me once. He did not weed me out. Opportunists do well. It is Siege...

S

Sweeney

*chuckles* Sweeney tried to kill me once. He did not weed me out. Opportunists do well. It is Siege...
It's not that I try to kill you, I just attack you every chance I get, even if I know you won't die. It's a personal thing.

PS: Where else can you play "Attack the mod"?

A

archite666

oh, yeah!

If you see a KOC your dead, period, KOC is the evil bastage of the shard.

I however am the official KOC Public Relations Representative.

Seriously, yeah my guild is a bunch of PKs but I love Siege with all my heart and consider each resident a personal friend....even when I kill them.

By the way, 10 dollars says that person was named soulweaver,pwnography, or carbon copy!

C

Calliope

3AM in the UK? I make 7pm Eastern midnight UK time, am I wrong?

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hey I will be there and everyone knows I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag...even with a super dragon. So anyone who wants to check things out, we'll take care of ya. I should have time to get some supplies together before then, at least some leather armor and bandies. Is there anyone that couyld donate some swords and/or reagents?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Luka? Don't we still have a large supply of arcane gems? If we have the leather available, just make some boots and cloaks instead of collecting reg bags...

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hm...if we don't, they are easy enough to collect. I'll start on that tonight.

R

Rand_Chessie

this is after the daylight savings change right? So that would make it 1pm Hawaii (we don't switch).....

I look forward to an intro to siege.

T

The Sandman

This Event is a great idea!!!! :spider:

I have played Siege for a long time!!!

Maybe we can start up Story telling night on Tuesdays there again. That was such a fun event to try an not get pked...hahaha.

I will see if we can get the on air DJ to broadcast this event on Whispering Rose Radio..

Seige is a very exciting shard and I do wish more people would give it a try. There is lots of room to build On Siege....come and try it out.....:gun:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 2 hours old on Siege my character was pk'd at Moonglow Gate.
Now she owns the house at moonglow gate, bought from that very same pk.

Getting pk'd by someone doesn't necessarily make them an enemy, and often they can turn into very good friends.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luka? Don't we still have a large supply of arcane gems? If we have the leather available, just make some boots and cloaks instead of collecting reg bags...
If yall do not...I still have quite arcane gems that Zebediah donated to my Miranda that yall can use or we can make up some arcane items with those. Lemme know. :) *and if really desperate...there be some on my NW BRIT Mirdanda home for sale too or or.....I can simply remove em all from my vendor and donate those too boots gloves robes and cloaks already done, if yall need em or want em, easy enough to take em off vendor for this event.. just lemme know.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is actually going to be 11pm UK time as the US have moved to Daylight Savings now.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Four days and I have yet to be pk'd. Of course I most likely just jinxed myself right there lol

I think I've actually seen a few KoC around and they've yet to go after me... Of course I have nothing but my deathrobe from when the dragons in Brit killed me, so... I dunno...

B

Bruin

I highly encourage any person interested in Siege to come to this event. Here you will find a place with a community that knows each other well, where skills matter more than your items, and where shopping in Luna is one of the most dangerous activities on the shard!

Even if you can not make it but are still interested in learning more about Siege, read the mythbusting thread here and contact one of the NEW helpers who would be kind enough to tell you a little about Siege and/or give you a tour of the land.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QZ, there has been a request for cookies!

Gingerbread Cookies have been made and pizzas and pies and of course fresh caught Ocllo fish steaks have been cooked up, sauted in wonderous white wines and ales for extra flavor, all for any... hungering travelers.

L

Luna du Selene

My interest has been piqued... it's now about one and a quarter hours before the event; should one create a character now or just minutes prior?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Go ahead... if ya wind up dead, someone will be along soon to rez ya. *nods*

B

Bruin

I would suggest now, only because all/most characters start in Britain felucca I believe, and if Britain is under invasion you will be born amongst the huge invasion spawn. We call it our Siege welcoming party.

So if you do die immediately, it might be nice to be prepared ahead of time....although you could also run to Skara as a ghost.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would suggest now, only because all/most characters start in Britain felucca I believe, and if Britain is under invasion you will be born amongst the huge invasion spawn. We call it our Siege welcoming party.

So if you do die immediately, it might be nice to be prepared ahead of time....although you could also run to Skara as a ghost.
Right. Don't let dying discourage you. Come and we will rez, dress and feed ya.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What a great day. Thank you all.

D

Dor of Sonoma

It was lots of fun!

Thank you to everyone who pooled their efforts for the event. :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Four days and I have yet to be pk'd. Of course I most likely just jinxed myself right there lol

I think I've actually seen a few KoC around and they've yet to go after me... Of course I have nothing but my deathrobe from when the dragons in Brit killed me, so... I dunno...
If ye need some leather armor or something just post it on Siege Forum be myself and many others help ya re equip. *also NEW guild* in the stickies top of the page.

But if you or anyone else whom creates a chr. on Siege and ends up in Brit...in the on again off again random faction monsters spawning in town and dead....just bring ye dead self on up to my NW Brit house..ankh of sacrafice is on the roof there it will res ANYONE ...teleporter on the front right side is set to anybody will take ya right up to the ankh for an auto res. :) Normal spawn is goats cows deer and npcs galore like gypsies and shepherds if an invasion is on atm the npcs become *cowardices and falsehoods* and just stare at us all out there...bout it. :)

It is located right at the nw corner up a few tiles from Lord British's moat there. :) The first and second homes are mine...the first one houses the ankh of sacrafice ...public anyone red or blue, can use it 24.7 and get a res. The front of the res house is in the guard zone downtown Brit music plays on the porch there, too. :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to Hoffs; Kelmo of Iantown; Lady Leawyn II, Scopulus Falco, Ian James and the other representatives of the player-ran town of Gilfane; Bruin, Aislinn and other representatives of the player-ran town of Wispwood Shire; Marissa, Durzo Blint and other members of the NEW guild; and anyone else who helped out ... I had trouble keeping track of all the names. This was one of the most organized tours of a shard that I've been on. Your presentation of Siege Perilous was well-prepared and presented.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, thanks to everyone for turning out. Good fun, despite the lengthy speech!

M

Millie

I enjoyed the event. .. even if some unknown KOC person Killed me.. lol

R

RichDC

Do you think it could be possible to arrange another for us europeans this weekend?

(preferably friday, Saturdays party time!!!and maybe...5pm your time, thats 10pm here with your DST)