• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Introducing the Third Dawn UI Theme for the EC (Now ver 1.1)...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is the project I've been working on for quite a while now. It started with trying to see how the containers would look WITHOUT the grid textures behind them and grew into a full-fledged UI theme.

Right now, the released version is the theme designed to work with Pinco's UI and is available on his site.

Features include:

- "Gridless" Grid View: Removes the background grid textures to emulate the look of the freeform container view while retaining the functionality of the grid view setting. This feature works well in both the standard EC view as well as the "Legacy Grid View" available in Pinco's UI. With the standard EC view, you get the closest you can to the original 3d expandable containers, with the Legacy-Grid, you have the higher resolution containers.

- Two different fonts: The UO Classic font has been added in and made the default font for many UI elements to bring in the more classic feel, the Magic the Gathering font is available for player use if they desire.

- Third Dawn inspired icons and textures: The basic icon set have been recolored and reworked to look more like the icons in the Third Dawn client including the "docking points". The textures have been reworked using Third Dawn screenshots as a guide and Inside UO assets directly for best recreation.

Version 1.1 is up on the Exchange, but it's in an odd location at the moment (gotta send a message to Gildar on it).

Anyway, it can be downloaded directly HERE.

You will get a file named "changeset_940.zip" Unzip it and you will see:

trunk\PartialSkins\Third-Dawn-Pinco\etc

Get down to the etc folders and files and move them over accordingly into your Pinco's UI directory and allow them to rewrite the existing files.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Introducing the Third Dawn UI Theme for the EC...

Wow nice work! I miss my old 3d...if I could only get my firesteeds looking the way they did back then.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I waited a long time, but now I shall finally post the dreaded:

:postpics:

Seriously, thanks Dermott. I will look into it tonite.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not quite the finished product, but gives the general idea:

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Looking good! I dig it!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Nice work Dermott! Love that spell book!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I have encountered an issue with the legacy backpack. It has to do with the size of the transparency. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words:

On the left is the way I normally have it with the default or Decors textures. On the right is how far I have to move the pack up to be able to access the tabs at the top of the paperdoll with the Third Dawn textures. In the left example I am unable to access the tabs as they are being blocked by the backpack's transparency.

One other small issue is you'll notice the word "Clothing" doesn't fit properly in the tab with the paperdoll scaled as I have it.

edit: I guess I'll leave the post as there might be something you can do with it, but apparently the main issue I posted about here has nothing to do with your theme. I just didn't notice the issue before. Maybe this was introduced with publish 69.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Ok, this time I do have a real bug to report. The health bars in the pet bar window are broken. You can't see what the health of your pets is. The health bars may be broken in the mobiles window as well, I'm not sure about that, maybe someone else can confirm or deny that.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, the Clothing tag is a font issue and can easily be fixed (just gotta lower it by a point... I think I had it set for the scale I use though, but I can do that).

I'll look into the health bars, I may have missed a file to copy over for upload, so I will definitely double check that one.

I think I figured out the issue... for whatever reason, sometimes copying the dds files from the folder which I've been building the UI into the folder that I use to zip up for release causes the texture file to revert back... not sure why it is doing this, but I will try and get that fixed.

The backpack issue, I don't think I can do anything with.

Thanks.

Edit: Fixes made and sent to Pinco for upload.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

it's now available for download :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Pinco, the version number should be 1.1, just to prevent confusion, and/or calm the ocd of some people, such as myself... :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

here you go, I've just forget the number on the text side :D

O

Old Man of UO

it's now available for download :)
Where do I find this UI? Name?

I didn't see it at either the Modders Exchange or Pinco's site. Am I just looking in the wrong spot?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

is a texture pack for pinco's ui... so you get it from the UO Template Editor download area :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I can't find it on your site. Is there a problem?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

try now, I've updated the post :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Got it. Is this a new version? It still shows 1.1. :)

And thank you.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

still 1.1 :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

This is no longer compatible with the latest version of Pinco's UI (specifically the mobiles bar).

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I think probably it's safe to work on the mobiles and pet windows/bars again.

I also have some feedback. The text on the log out window isn't centered. I'm also having to change the default font to 15pt and the nol_UO_15 font to size 14 every time I reinstall your textures. Is there any way you can change these fonts, or provide an easy way to change them in game? I'm thinking the answer is no, but it's worth asking.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll take the 14 pt font u nder advisement and do a run through the various elements to see if it fits better.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

And your work is much appreciated as well. Everything you've done on your UI's, and I very much like the Third Dawn textures as well.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've fixed a bit this texture pack just for make it usable until the dermott update is ready :p
... the package is available in the download area :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hope Pinco sees this and has an idea... anyway, the current issue I'm having with the textures and the UI right now is mainly with the lettering used by the Devs.

In the pic below you can see what I mean. The lettering is inconsistent. On some windows such as Containers the title is in 'Xxxx' format while other windows use 'XXXX' format for the title bar. Same applies to tabs and buttons as well... some UI elements are all caps some are not.

Personally I would like to figure out how to get the lettering all the same and NOT in all caps. The fonts fit better in the non-all-cap 'Xxxx' format, but I'm not sure how this is accomplished.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I hope Pinco sees this and has an idea...
I'd just send him a pm with a link to this thread. Knowing him he'll spot this anyway, but it can't hurt.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The good news is that I have the health bars up and working again! Interesting in that he changed the XML in the mod file so it took me a while to see where the change took place.

Gonna get a few more loose ends tied up and get a package put together for everyone. Then later this week I'll revisit both Copper and Stone with an update.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I found a way to fix this, I'll working on it and will be fixed on the next version (If it works) :p

EDIT: done, next version will have only the first letter of each word capitalised :)