• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insurance bug since this last update...DEVS??

W

wrekognize

I've been reading some about people losing their insured stuff since the publish. I didn’t really think much of it until last night I killed a guy in pvp and his sleeves and bracelet were on his corpse. Both were decent and I doubt he had not insured them. What is going on? I'm hesitant to pvp now until this is fixed.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I've been reading some about people losing their insured stuff since the publish. I didn’t really think much of it until last night I killed a guy in pvp and his sleeves and bracelet were on his corpse. Both were decent and I doubt he had not insured them. What is going on? I'm hesitant to pvp now until this is fixed.

Strange...those are the exact same items that stayed on my corpse as well...sleeves and bracelet.

L

Loral

I was in Fel and had a head piece looted. I know it was insured because the guy that looted didn't want a pve piece and returned it, and it was still insured. Never worn on another char, insured by the char that lost it and plenty of gold in the bank and I die often enough in my pve gear that I know that particular piece had be recovered via insurance many, many times.

Another guildy lost a couple bows. We didn't get them back but again they were regularly used items that had been recovered via insurance prior but were lost the night of the patch.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost some stuff on Atl last night that were insured during pvp and then lost some more insured stuff on another shard while training a tamer and losing connection for two hours. I would most def be careful. I'm wearing junk armor on my pvp newb on Atl now just in case and the same when I play my tamer on the other server.

R

rockytriton

I have 10 valorite runic hammers on my body, I know they were insured, but I lost them when I died. plz give back :D

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tested again on a char with a few items insured, didn't lose a thing. Not sure what's going on...had plenty of cash on other two chars, auto-insure on :spider:

L

Loral

I have 10 valorite runic hammers on my body, I know they were insured, but I lost them when I died. plz give back :D
Yeah I know, but the reason I posted was because I didn't lose the item and it was returned with the "insured" tag still clearly on the item.

G

Gawin

I got hit tonight with the insurance bug at the event

first time i died i was fine second my insured shield was still on corps luck i got back to it and when i got it back off corps it was still insured.

I insured this fresh as it was a new item rite from the lib turn in. Never on a vendor.

I un insured it and re insured it and it went with me the next 2 deaths.

S

SwordBlaze

I don't know if this was a lie but some guy said he stole an orny that was insured in fel.

S

Sebrina

*sigh* - I've lost many items that I thought were insured, and most I found on the corpse. Some said that they were insured, and some not.

So, I sat down and went through all my items while fully dressed and ready to take some pvps and monsters, clicking through each item, uninsuring and then reinsuring. Over the last 3 months, with 3 deaths, I've not lost a thing, so I think that if it was a bug, it was not from the last publish, and you might just try going through your inventory again.

*bags not included*

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the time people claim that there was an insurance bug is when they've changed a suit and added pieces. Those pieces were uninsured and they simply forgot. other cases are just liars or people who legitimately ran out of money from shopping.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And on the occasional case, it really is a bug, Omnius. When the LOOTER acknowledges that they pulled insured items off of a corpse ... you can pretty well assume they have no reason to lie.

Personally, all items I have ever lost were due to changing a suit and not insuring (or thinking somethings was UNinsured and "re"insuring it, only to find it was already insured to begin with and I uninsured it :(

However, I have also seen insured items lying on someone else's corpse, and I have seen my husband loot his BLESSED items off of a Dark Father (crimmy and sammy helm). There IS a bug, if not more than one, but by far and wide, most losses are caused by mistakes.

B

Belanos/Icicle

I seem to recall that the insurance bug only affecting items that werent insured by the character wearing it - if you buy an insured item from another player, uninsure and then reinsure.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Most of the time people claim that there was an insurance bug is when they've changed a suit and added pieces. Those pieces were uninsured and they simply forgot. other cases are just liars or people who legitimately ran out of money from shopping.
I use a Sorcerer's Suit and the Bleue set. I don't change my suit...ever. I have at least 50 mil in the bank on this character. There is no way either of the scenarios you describe above happened to me.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came across a similar case of insurance bug being screamed on atl. I was minding my own business when I spotted a thief in training in my town. I decided to investigate. On further inspection he was wearing a great deal of expensive gear and in his pack was 4 mill in checks. I did what any good citizen would do and relieved him of his color vision. I proceeded to loot him and his pet llama for some bottles and gold pieces. After I became uncrim and banked the precious goods(for returning to their owner...) I saw the player become active and run towards the healers.

It was at this point my old school thief instinct kicked in and I decided to slowly make my way to the healer shop. I arrived, seemingly too late, and found a death robe on the ground. This time my pk instinct kicked in and I tossed a purple pot and casted eq.

KABOOM!!!

A corpse falls from out of nowhere wearing a full suit of gear. this gear was all on his body. I proceeded to help myself to the stranger's belongings, bernie madoff was actually his name, and made such treasures as a replica shroud, and multiple other items that were very useful to a thief, mine. I insured it all and the thief resed up and cried hacker hacker I have 4mill insurance in the bank. I silenced the fool by informing him he left the checks in his bag and Corp Por. More items on the body. I grabbed the last items he had and left the scene.

Later in the day I arrive at luna in disguise as a harmless blue to this guy decrying the hackers and cheaters of felucca. I laughed quietly and watched as he accused me of using the insurance bug and crashing shards and destroying the matrix.

The moral of the story, player error is the only insurance bug that this pk has ever seen.

T

Tazar

I have seen it hit on a pair of blessed leggings of embers that a friend was wearing... upon death, they were looted by a lich. I killed the lich and retrieved/returned the leggings. It is real and does happen. On Insured or on Blessed items.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Pete's sake!!
I lost my twinkling scimitar of uber quality. I can't believe this crap!!
I died once at the Atlantic EM event. I couldn't even see what killed me. My sword is gone!! I can't remember if I had it when I sacred Journey'd out, but I definately had it insured and plenty of money in bank.
I am so pissed. It better be there after server restart.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I died at the EM event as well, and lost the top for my Sorcerer's Suit. I was about to panic, but I actually managed to find my corpse in that ... mess.

This is getting ridiculous. I took everything off, uninsured everything, put everything back on, and then insured it again. I guess if I have this again, I will go back to wearing something less expensive until they fix this.

R

Ravahan

I came across a similar case of insurance bug being screamed on atl. I was minding my own business when I spotted a thief in training in my town. I decided to investigate. On further inspection he was wearing a great deal of expensive gear and in his pack was 4 mill in checks. I did what any good citizen would do and relieved him of his color vision. I proceeded to loot him and his pet llama for some bottles and gold pieces. After I became uncrim and banked the precious goods(for returning to their owner...) I saw the player become active and run towards the healers.

It was at this point my old school thief instinct kicked in and I decided to slowly make my way to the healer shop. I arrived, seemingly too late, and found a death robe on the ground. This time my pk instinct kicked in and I tossed a purple pot and casted eq.

KABOOM!!!

A corpse falls from out of nowhere wearing a full suit of gear. this gear was all on his body. I proceeded to help myself to the stranger's belongings, bernie madoff was actually his name, and made such treasures as a replica shroud, and multiple other items that were very useful to a thief, mine. I insured it all and the thief resed up and cried hacker hacker I have 4mill insurance in the bank. I silenced the fool by informing him he left the checks in his bag and Corp Por. More items on the body. I grabbed the last items he had and left the scene.

Later in the day I arrive at luna in disguise as a harmless blue to this guy decrying the hackers and cheaters of felucca. I laughed quietly and watched as he accused me of using the insurance bug and crashing shards and destroying the matrix.

The moral of the story, player error is the only insurance bug that this pk has ever seen.

heh, that's a fun story. I'd have probably offered him his stuff back until he started being an ass, but then I don't play a thief. Good haul :D

I can tell you that I have personally experienced the insurance bug pre-SE twice, once involving a blessed hat. I've not seen it since, but apparently its not fixed and I'm certainly not going to PvP on Atlantic until it seems that it is.

Please believe me that, while it hasn't hit you yet and may never will because of how rare it seems to be, there IS a bug and it even effects blessed items, which can't be due to user error.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to recall that the insurance bug only affecting items that werent insured by the character wearing it - if you buy an insured item from another player, uninsure and then reinsure.

I think this EA note could be a red herring ;P but maybe not I don't know.

I guess it is worth a try, but, I'm doubtful.

N

Noobish Noob

I got hit once during the Moonglow event. The items were a blessed crimmy and a quiver. I got killed, left and rezzed, dressed and went back inside the void. I happened across my body and clicked on it for the heck of it and lo and behold..there they were...still on my corpse. Nothing else but those two blessed items. I had autodressed and never noticed they weren't on me. From that point forward I always loot my corpse. Granted, they weren't insured but no reason blessed items should have stayed.

I also lost a pair of arms and gloves at an Ilsh champ. They were my usual armor and I had died many times before no problem. I rezzed and dressed and they were both missing. I had seen the ratman loot my corpse and was concerned becuase I didn't have anything uninsured on it. I ran back to get the rat but someone else killed him and I lost my stuff. I went to the bank and checked and there was plenty of gold in my box. Now I always carry gold piles in my pack so they get looted first just in case. I still get the pucker factor when I see the "rummages through pack...." message but I have not had it happen again.

I champ on an asian shard and many times when I double click my corpse it is empty. This realy freaks me out. Logging makes no difference. The only thing that works is opening my body and placing something in the empty pack, then re-opening it and all my stuff is there to loot.

W

wrekognize

apparently the bug involves if you have checks only in your bank with no stacks of gold. If you have stacks of gold you will be fine. I've been running around like this and have had no problems.

T

Tazar

apparently the bug involves if you have checks only in your bank with no stacks of gold. If you have stacks of gold you will be fine. I've been running around like this and have had no problems.
And this explains the blessed items dropping how?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Nope, had over 800,000 in lose gold the first time, and over 450,000 the second time.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had coins and checks in bank. I looted my body and I didn't think to look in it again since it did grab my stuff. I mean, it did look like it was empty.
Well, there goes my one-of-a-kind Twinkling.
I am still pissed.
If this game wasn't so item based, then fine. But you do need good gear if you want to prevail.
Grrrrrrrrrr!!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone lost any insured items this week?
I am very reluctant to play since I lost my sword.
You spend forever trying to build yourself up, and to just lose something precious is just depressing. Seriously.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I haven't died this week. I will probably die this weekend when playing drunk :)

I will let you know.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How uber was your Twinkling Hildebrand?
Maybe someone on Atlantic has one close they can spare.

M

Maryjeans1

Well just today alone I lost 5 items before server going down. I log in cu area, die due to changlings, run out get rez, server goes down, server is up and what do you think......No 2.5mil ring, 4mil worth glove, broomstick, 5mil worth mempo and pendant in my pack. All disappear from my pack and all was insured, I havent change my suit in weeks. There Money in bank also, so I dunno, this suck alot ppl. :(
Becarful.....

L

Lord Zephyrus

My palladin lost part of his virtue armor suit yesterday to a lurg in the painted caves. Somebody lured it down and got killed so i tried to help to no avail. When i died a trog looted my corpse and i thought he just took my bandages. Well when my friend rezed me outside i was dressing and my virtue sleves and insured reselient bracer were no where to be found. But when i did find them they were on the corpse of the trog that looted me.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How uber was your Twinkling Hildebrand?
Maybe someone on Atlantic has one close they can spare.
Thanks for your concern, you're very nice.
It is very hard to find great items. This is what it had:
Hit fireball 46
HSL 46
HML 60
HLD 44
DCI 6
DI 48
LUCK 40
I loved that thing. :sad4:
I had caved in and bought a runic after seeing that people hoard the great stuff and not sell them. I crossed my fingers every time I swung on the runic and got exactly what I wanted (what luck!). It will be near impossible to find another and I can burn a dozen runics and not get close. **sigh** Not that I can even risk buying a runic again.

At this point, I worry that people work hard to get what they want, and then to suffer from some bug? It scares me to play.

R

Ravahan

My palladin lost part of his virtue armor suit yesterday to a lurg in the painted caves. Somebody lured it down and got killed so i tried to help to no avail. When i died a trog looted my corpse and i thought he just took my bandages. Well when my friend rezed me outside i was dressing and my virtue sleves and insured reselient bracer were no where to be found. But when i did find them they were on the corpse of the trog that looted me.
The signifigance of that, for those that missed it and claim there isn't a bug, is that the virtue sleeves are blessed which means it cannot be user error. As died to a monster its extremely unlikely its any kind of exploit to steal player's gear. Sorry, PvP cheat know-it-all types.

This means that A) There is 100% a bug, and B) all the cases since p58 seem to indicate that there was something in the publish that stired it up or made the circumstances required to duplicate more likely.

Where can we see a commonality here? Those of you that have recently lost stuff, try to remember exactly what you were doing as you died... Were you running? Hitting a macro? If so, what kind? Were there multiple mobs? Was it high (server) lag?

If we can get this reproducable, maybe they can do something about it.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was being charbroiled by a greater as I was trying to tame it, tried to heal/run/invis but made it about 3 secs and lagged, half my insured stuff stayed on that corpse...on one shard tried to run after being skewered by an archer in pvp, when I rez he's wearing my sleeves my smith made (they're marked) which were insured for weeks, had over 11m in the bank, lots of loose change in box blah blah. Didn't lose anything that couldn't be replaced but still it's an annoyance.

All stuff was insured no doubts.

I try not to die now but as laggy as it gets on weekends sometimes it pays to wear idoc throw away stuff.