installing enhanced on new m2 macs

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
I realize that the enhanced version is not designed for macs, and especially not apple silicone.

That said, has anyone managed to get the enhanced version working on a mac using CodeWeavers? I was able to get the classic version to work just fine.

I can get the enhanced version installed and launched, but it instantly says network error "connection lost: once I pick a shard.

I can certainly just keep using my laptop to play as designed, but I use my laptop for work and would prefer to use the mac if anyone has come up with a work around.

FYI, NOT trying to do any illegal exploits, this is my licensed subscribed version of UO on official servers, just trying to get it to work on unsupported hardware.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
This is on mac, Lutris appears to be Linux.

Crossover seems to be perfectly fine installing and loading the enhanced version, there is something with connecting, and the classic doesn't have this issue, was just hoping someone out there had tackled this.

I can continue to use my laptop but would prefer to just use my main machine.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
I run it on parallels, works fine.
Hmm, I just tried on parallels and was unable to run the enhanced version on my M2 through that as well. What windows version were you using with parallels?

Personally, my preference would be getting it to work in crossover, I think if I am going to use a virtualization software, I'd probably just load up my work laptop instead, but would prefer running it on my mac.

mihali

Sage
Nov 14, 2021
HP Spectre loaded with RAM, top processor, top screen touch tablet option convertible, windows 11 pro, top level ports. Ttched up to wazoo, very nice and light, super attractive gold rim edges, 15 hour battery, I think 1 Terabyte SSD hard drive, OMG! less than 1 thousand dollar! Its 3 in 1 also. Run everything PAINLESSLY. Runs UO greased lightning and everything I have thrown at it. I have also apple "air book" since 7 years ago. I decided not to go apple again due to all the stuff work/play needed workouts just because it was an apple. I still use the macbook air for sentimental reasons, and to just browse the web from time to time. (I have used parallels, crossover, wine etc. but got pretty unhappy with needing to pay for all the updates for these, needed overtime mac made new IOS version!). GL

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
HP Spectre loaded with RAM, top processor, top screen touch tablet option convertible, windows 11 pro, top level ports. Ttched up to wazoo, very nice and light, super attractive gold rim edges, 15 hour battery, I think 1 Terabyte SSD hard drive, OMG! less than 1 thousand dollar! Its 3 in 1 also. Run everything PAINLESSLY. Runs UO greased lightning and everything I have thrown at it. I have also apple "air book" since 7 years ago. I decided not to go apple again due to all the stuff work/play needed workouts just because it was an apple. I still use the macbook air for sentimental reasons, and to just browse the web from time to time. (I have used parallels, crossover, wine etc. but got pretty unhappy with needing to pay for all the updates for these, needed overtime mac made new IOS version!). GL
The spectre is what I use for my work laptop and will likely use to play ultima on. I mount the laptop on the wall next to my desk and have a switch to share my screen and keyboard between Mac and the spectre, so not that big a deal to switch back and forth.

My Mac is the Mac Studio, 64gb unified memory, super fast. I use it for my hobbyist game development, handles my Unity 3d projects like a champ and is virtually silent compared to my Alienware desktop that was louder than heck and I turned into a Linux server when I bought the Mac Studio.

Reactions: mihali

mihali

Sage
Nov 14, 2021
The spectre is what I use for my work laptop and will likely use to play ultima on. I mount the laptop on the wall next to my desk and have a switch to share my screen and keyboard between Mac and the spectre, so not that big a deal to switch back and forth.

My Mac is the Mac Studio, 64gb unified memory, super fast. I use it for my hobbyist game development, handles my Unity 3d projects like a champ and is virtually silent compared to my Alienware desktop that was louder than heck and I turned into a Linux server when I bought the Mac Studio.
I love my Spectre, awesome win 11 power, 3 in 1 laptop, also very thin. Most if not all of my work is windows based so it runs all work apps super nice and fast, and also nice gaming laptop, super portable, back lit keyboard, and super attractive shape and gold on black trim. Price was awesome also.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
I love my Spectre, awesome win 11 power, 3 in 1 laptop, also very thin. Most if not all of my work is windows based so it runs all work apps super nice and fast, and also nice gaming laptop, super portable, back lit keyboard, and super attractive shape and gold on black trim. Price was awesome also.
I couldn't beat my price on my spectre either, employer paid for it :)

Reactions: mihali

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Sep 21, 2020
JAX
That said, has anyone managed to get the enhanced version working on a mac using CodeWeavers? I was able to get the classic version to work just fine.
Been thumbing through the wine 9 release notes and noticed this:

The new WoW64 mode finally allows 32-bit applications to run on recent macOS versions that removed support for 32-bit Unix processes.

You might want to revisit this when your tool adds support for 9