[Selling] Inquisitive Raven Spy (Europa 4th Jan)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
SOLD! Thanks for the bids gents. @Stone i'll add you on ICQ.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
Nice to here.....But it is a huge problem....were most of the 10 will have flown the shard by now...nevermind way outta my league
What is a huge problem? The whole idea of people taking the items off of the shard? Interesting. I always am glad to see items go to people who like them and will use them to display publicly. So many items just get squirreled away otherwise, never to be seen again.

warwick87

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 15, 2010
Nice to here.....But it is a huge problem....were most of the 10 will have flown the shard by now...nevermind way outta my league
I know of one for sure that didn't fly off the shard, if that's any piece of mind.

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
mine is still on europa

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
What is a huge problem? The whole idea of people taking the items off of the shard? Interesting. I always am glad to see items go to people who like them and will use them to display publicly. So many items just get squirreled away otherwise, never to be seen again.
Well not so much a problem.... I just wish Homesharders got more love at home events...I like doing home events and would love a momento of each event that i attend to remind me of it... I dont want to have to pay mega millions for that momento...and i certainly dont want to spend real cash for the items either which is what i have been offered a few times...ie i want cash - not gold for xxx item....But untill a better system is put in place i will have to do without i guess.....i dont seem to do enough damage to get looting rights and on the top damagers list ....no matter what char i use .....and prices for these event trinket momento's are getting going to the stars!!! and moon ...and back!

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2012
Atlantic
knightsofthevalorianorder.weebly.com
Well not so much a problem.... I just wish Homesharders got more love at home events...I like doing home events and would love a momento of each event that i attend to remind me of it... I dont want to have to pay mega millions for that momento...and i certainly dont want to spend real cash for the items either which is what i have been offered a few times...ie i want cash - not gold for xxx item....But untill a better system is put in place i will have to do without i guess.....i dont seem to do enough damage to get looting rights and on the top damagers list ....no matter what char i use .....and prices for these event trinket momento's are getting going to the stars!!! and moon ...and back!
If all your looking for is looting rights, and have a tamer, make a Greater Dragon attack the boss, 90% chance of looting rights from what I've been told by tamer friends who do events. If you want a more involved fight, a mystic mage or thrower seems to get looting rights pretty often to. I don't do any of those things, but people keep telling me it works. Personally I use an archer when I do events, rarely get lootings rights, but I'm there for the event not the items anyway. Getting the item would just be a bonus.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
I got this drop on my tamer so I agree with Norrington. I only got onto the boss mob when it was as 60-50% health as I had to res up my pet. I was pretty shocked to get the drop myself. Does the damage to the final "boss" only count or does damage to all the other stuff count towards top damages also?

Reactions: Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2012
Atlantic
I got this drop on my tamer so I agree with Norrington. I only got onto the boss mob when it was as 60-50% health as I had to res up my pet. I was pretty shocked to get the drop myself. Does the damage to the final "boss" only count or does damage to all the other stuff count towards top damages also?
Pretty sure it's only the boss that counts. Sometimes the EM's make multiple smaller bosses though, for things like that I think each mini boss has an equal but smaller number of items to give out. So if the big boss would have had 10, each of the two mini boss's would have 5

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
just the boss iam told...need to get looting rights to have any chance of the drops and be in and amongst the top damagers list then its random depending how many drops/people there is ...10 or 20drops etc etc

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
If all your looking for is looting rights, and have a tamer, make a Greater Dragon attack the boss, 90% chance of looting rights from what I've been told by tamer friends who do events. If you want a more involved fight, a mystic mage or thrower seems to get looting rights pretty often to. I don't do any of those things, but people keep telling me it works. Personally I use an archer when I do events, rarely get lootings rights, but I'm there for the event not the items anyway. Getting the item would just be a bonus.
i love doing my home events...can never do them all as i simple have not got the time of day..... and iam looking a bonus yes ...i simple trinket yes.. a simple reminder of taking place at our events....not to sell 5 seconds after the event as finished for uber gold...a better soloution would be a clicky drop for all that take part [even call it a replica of the main drop] then maybe throw 3-5 main drop on the final boss for the uber players to fight over top dog

Reactions: Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2012
Atlantic
I respect people's right to do what they want with their items, like sell them, and I do agree with Flutter that items being put on display is better than them being dropped in a box and forgotten, but I can also see how it would be frustrating seeing all your shards items leave the shard almost instantly. I've always lived on Atlantic, so don't truly know what the "other shard is taking our stuff" thing feels like but I assume it's not great seeing the shard's history disappear.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2001
Items in boxes do not make any happy so I also agree that displayed items is better than items staying on their homeshard in boxes not displayed.

As many of you know I collect smith and fencing weapons. My Collection would be very small if I did not "steal" other shards items.

I have attend a few events total in my UO life because I can realistically only attend two shards events(Europa and Drach), and my homeshard Europa is one of shards that have least events.
:(

Sometimes I wonder how "spoiled" you are that live in a time zone that make it realistically to attend a gazzillion events per year.
:gee:
Maybe that fact make Europa and Drach players more interested in protecting their home shards event items.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
I actually attended this event, this was like my second or maybe third event in total. I wish I had more time perhaps when I retire and if the game is still around. I have to say the event was alot of fun for me and I must have died like 10 times. In hindsight I should have paid more attention to the final boss to have a chance at a drop. Not so much for the item's value as for its memmory of the event. Like Scanadinavian just mentioned I collect a certain topic and have purchased a small number of event items that fit my topic. So i'm greatfull for these events for those items and everything is displayed for anyone's pleasure to see. I hope to attend more events time permitted, and I play Europa as well which does make it a bit difficult to attend our events because I'm in the EST zone.

Reactions: THP

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
European is deffo bad time zone for other events....and i again would love a keepsake for reminder of the great events the europa EM puts on...just think that clicky drops would make everyone so much happier...and still keep a small boss drop for the elite !

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
European is deffo bad time zone for other events....and i again would love a keepsake for reminder of the great events the europa EM puts on...just think that clicky drops would make everyone so much happier...and still keep a small boss drop for the elite !
Its the same story from you every time there is a Europa drop.

The only real question out of all of this, is why Europa has decreased from a 20 drop to a 10 drop.

Reactions: THP and drewster513

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
Its the same story from you every time there is a Europa drop.

The only real question out of all of this, is why Europa has decreased from a 20 drop to a 10 drop.
Firstly u talk crap..ive attended heaps of euro events and i mean heaps and have prob got 2 drops max in like 6-7 years.....so i dont complain evertime.....i get used to not getting a drop or even beliveing i stand a chance of geting a drop anymore....i know its not gonna happen....the system need tweaking for sure....i dont like top attackers list....ive made that clear.

And i defend euro homeshard because us ''europeans'' really only have euro/drachs timezone events to attend.. the usa ones are very early in the morning when we are asleep and the asains ones are around dinner when most are at work....so yes i like to defend our events...its a lot easier for usa /asian players to attend the euro event timezones....

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 20, 2010
Firstly u talk crap..ive attended heaps of euro events and i mean heaps and have prob got 2 drops max in like 6-7 years.....so i dont complain evertime.....i get used to not getting a drop or even beliveing i stand a chance of geting a drop anymore....i know its not gonna happen....the system need tweaking for sure....i dont like top attackers list....ive made that clear.

And i defend euro homeshard because us ''europeans'' really only have euro/drachs timezone events to attend.. the usa ones are very early in the morning when we are asleep and the asains ones are around dinner when most are at work....so yes i like to defend our events...its a lot easier for usa /asian players to attend the euro event timezones....

But the thing, which has been stated many times before, it is no longer top damager anymore.

Whoever gets looting rights, meaning if you do enough damage to get this, you have a CHANCE at a drop. Everyone who attends and obtains looting rights has as much chance as anyone. There is no top damage anymore. It is an equal system, and I can prove it.

I've tested this myself.

Example 1) New player that has gained interest at EM Events. Only problem is that he has a little bit of magery with a new player LRC suit. Cast Blade spirit multiple times and cast fireball at the boss. Grab a few lifebars and heal when needed. Gets a drop.
(30-50% Chance at getting looting rights)

Example 2) Mildly experienced player character. Cast Earth Elementals and target boss. Cast spells and target boss. Gets a drop. (55-65% Chance at getting looting rights)

Example 3) Mildly experienced archer/swords/thrower. Do direct or ranged damage to boss. Use special moves. Heal self when damaged. Gets a drop. (55-65% chance at getting looting rights)

Example 4) Very Experienced Mage/Tamer/Weaver. (My main character) Cast Gift of life on myself and dragon. Target boss with dragon. Tree Form. Energy bolt. Heal players/dragons. Word of Death. Gets Drop. (90- 100% Chance at getting looting rights)

Example 5) Very Experienced Archer/Thrower. (Some of my sub character) Enemy of one. Target Boss. Armor Ignore. Gets Drop. (90 - 100% chance at getting looting rights)

Example 6) This is the funniest. Nooby character. Loots mob corpses for junk armor and junk weapons. Attack boss when spawned. Do 1 damage per hit. Die 40 times. Gets Drop.. (0-25% chance at getting looting rights)

Looting right percentages are gathered at my own experience. They are not meant to persuade a certain play-style. They are geared to examples of how the loot system has worked for me. These percentages are based on attacking the boss as soon as it is spawned.

DISCLAIMER: Some instances may occur that prohibit getting looting rights. Ie: Slasher mob so can't use WOD. Dependent on pet, magic, and heals.

Are you seeing it, THP? There is NO MORE top damage attack system. All you need to do is get looting rights.. which a nooby character can do so very easily. All that is needed is to put forth the extra effort in doing so.

You mentioned before about seeing everyone getting all of these drops. That is because they play EVERY shard and go to EVERY event. So of course they will get multiple drops.

If someone were to stay on their home shard, then their drop number will decrease to that of their shard. No one person gets a drop at every event, it is random. Given the fact that if you use more accounts, you have a higher probability of getting a drop of course. However, it is still random.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Scandinavian

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2009
Atlantic

Example 6) This is the funniest. Nooby character. Loots mob corpses for junk armor and junk weapons. Attack boss when spawned. Do 1 damage per hit. Die 40 times. Gets Drop.. (0-25% chance at getting looting rights)
*note* this one only works for Flutter and Alexander, must show up late as soon as the boss spawns, only works for drops worth over a bil.

btw i hate you guys :p your noob drops make my well planned out imbued suits and carefully trained characters seem worthless lol.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 20, 2010
must show up late as soon as the boss spawns,
Loots mob corpses for junk armor and junk weapons.
^Loots mob corpses for junk armor and junk weapons (throughout the event)^

The only time I showed up late was on great lakes with A TRAINED (720 skill points) weaver/mage/mystic and got the necro piglet. :p

Reactions: Smoot