• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ingame SPAM from FB users

• Thread starter Keep It Real
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Keep It Real

I have recieved ingame messages on several of my accounts from FB users I do not even know. I do not use FB and really don't ever see a need for it. Is there a way to block ingame messages from FB users?

I

imported_sedusa

I must be totally out of the loop, but what is FB?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I must be totally out of the loop, but what is FB?

[/ QUOTE ]

FB is Facebook.

One of those sites parents should worry about.

I

imported_SimTripps

Wow - I didn't realize you could receive in-game FB messages.. If you don't use it, this shouldn't be happening.

N

NightFlyer

I've been getting that spam too and don't use FB.

A spam blocker or disable function for non-FB users is reaaly needed. I see this just getting worse in time.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Have no fear! A spam filter or solution is in the works. The first day the FB app was introduced I made it a point of spamming every developer sim I could find with a message.

"Spam-o-gram".

I'm pretty sure they are aware of the problem

You don't actually receive anything other than an alert that someone has posted a message on your Facebook avatar's wall. To actually read the message you have to login to Facebook.

So far the only thing that prevents you from getting these in-game alerts when you login is to put that person on ignore. I hope they come up with a better solution.

Once we have the abilitity to control our own friendships, I would imagine we will have a setting to allow these types of messages only from friends.