• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Infamous Llama Vortex caught on film!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
[YOUTUBE]k4bsqyYJu9g[/YOUTUBE]​

During the Rescue efforts last evening I recorded a small bit of Video. In it you can find one of the most famous (or Infamous since they never happen when you really want to see one) easter eggs in UO. The Llama Vortex, I believe Zelda was the one who had the lucky roll on RNG.

Z

Zelda of Zed

Very coool.. .that is like getting a big foot on flim!

Zelda...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Very coool.. .that is like getting a big foot on flim!

Zelda...
Yeah I've been lucky I've snagged a few oddities, or rare sitings in UO....

Blaze colored Elemental! Friends imprisoned Dog happened to pick the right body and the right color at the same time....

and then there is this one from the little known experiment in a UO/SWG crossover...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
how do u record videos in uo?
You need an app to do video capture of your Desktop. On Linux I'm using gtk-recordmydesktop, you'll need JACK Audio control installed to capture sound from the client though (I don't bother I add audio tracks later with editing software), since gtk-recordmydesktop only captures in the .ogv format I have different codecs installed and convert it from a command line I can also remove audio that way at the same time (which I do if I'm adding my own track later). On Windows you can use CamStudio it's free and does and ok job. Not great but ok.

For Linux Junkies here's a link to RecordmyDesktop.

For Windows users interested in Cam Studio.

For Editing Sound I use Audacity it's available in both Linux, MAC and Windows versions.

For editing Video I use Avidemux, also available cross platform.

Benito

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FRAPS is another program to capture game footage in windows.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
FRAPS is another program to capture game footage in windows.
FRAPS has issues with the SA client some people have reported, have to keep that in mind.

J

JohnDuke[Pax]

Thanks for the tips on video capture. I've been trying a few programs but it looks like you know what to do.