• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Increasing Pet Power

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I am wondering what can be done to increase a pet's power besides training it.

The pet is an extension of the tamer and therefore I am wondering if the armor and weapons I use also influence the pets.

If I use a weapon with 20% extra physicak damage increase, will the pet's power increase accordingly?

Thanks!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

The pet is an extension of the tamer and therefore I am wondering if the armor and weapons I use also influence the pets.
You can temporarily increase your pet's stats by using Tasty Treats. These gargoyle NPCs can help you out: http://uo2.stratics.com/questing/thepem-and-zosilem. Also you can find regular Tasty Treats in Treasure Chests.

As far as your equipment is concerned, it has no bearing on how effective your pet is. Your equipment is for you, and you alone. Now if you like fighting alongside your pet, then it will make you better, thus making the You + Pet(s) Team more effective. You can also make your team more effective by choosing the right pet for your target (there are plenty of threads in this forum which detail this).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks that sounds nice about the treats. I guess so far that's the only power up for pets.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

If I use a weapon with 20% extra physicak damage increase, will the pet's power increase accordingly?

Thanks!
In addition to what's been said already, you can also help pets with the barding spells, albeit they are greedy on mana if you lack meditation skill to support them. Another indirect boost is obviously coming from you using bard skills on foes to weaken them if you have discordance or peace them. My bard can use her pets in situations where they would die in the care of my non-bard. Especially with discordance.

The best thing to do to help your pets generally is to always use the best pet for each hunt, rather than say use a greater dragon everywhere. Use the hunters guide here on Stratics to see the stats of creatures in your chosen hunt spot and try to balance your pet against them. So you look for a pet that has good resistance to the foe's main damage types, skills etc, and ideally attacks their weakest ones. It's not a direct boost of course, but in some fights it makes a lot of different in damage etc.

Wenchy

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can temporarily increase your pet's stats by using Tasty Treats. These gargoyle NPCs can help you out: http://uo2.stratics.com/questing/thepem-and-zosilem. Also you can find regular Tasty Treats in Treasure Chests.

As far as your equipment is concerned, it has no bearing on how effective your pet is. Your equipment is for you, and you alone. Now if you like fighting alongside your pet, then it will make you better, thus making the You + Pet(s) Team more effective. You can also make your team more effective by choosing the right pet for your target (there are plenty of threads in this forum which detail this).

Stayin Alive,

BG

The question which comes next, is whether Bard Masteries enhance one's own pet's stats/skills or of those in the same party.... anyone knows ?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend