• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Game Room Chat

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

As for Jackie - as a reporter - she should remain non-bias by rl media standards. To enter a conversation in a highly opinionated post opens her up to mis-trust as well as ridicule. Now - of course anyone would find my last sentence as offensive, so balls in your court - how would you react to this and perhaps we can show you exactly how distasteful this person was earlier. That mere sentence will be and is upheld by the code of ethics by any person in the media. It is not some personal rule I am pushing on you - nor is it a comment I pulled out of my butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.

Okay... so to begin... Jackiee being a "reporter" for a fan site for a computer game where you play a fictional character and can do mind blowing things like "play in bed" or "Study Cooking" is not remotely in the league of RL journalism and to be treated or judged as such is not only ridiculous but also could show a real lack of common sense and sense of reality of the person who looks at it as such. In addition... Jackiee is really quite fly for a white person and for the record she is hilarious. Kthnx.

More on topic... I have always mocked the homeowners who have a problem with chat. No cursing is the only thing i guess i can stand. Even though when I see it I promptly curse at them in my head and go somewhere else.

Other rules are just silly... you play a game that is basically a glorified chat room. Good and bad will come of it. If you don't like how one person acts in your lot... they probably won't like your silly rules either. Go play scrabble or something. Oh wait... you might not like what the letters spell... oy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You only had 1 person talking to you and noone else... I don't find that highly involved or a sign of great conversation, I'd say it was just one person talking to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jackiee wasn't one of the chatters in this specific instance, I don't see that she claimed to only speak with one person either.

I am curious though, after re-reading the OP, it says they were asked *several* times, was this at the same lot (meaning the same people complaining to roomies/owner) or different lots? If different lots that might make a difference, was it to the point where it was actually drowning out other conversations? I see posts saying this was not a silent lot but were other people actually conversing? I could see if the two chatters were ignoring everyone else who may have tried to join in on the conversation and were disrupting other actual conversations... but I can't tell from the above posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides my friend and I, there was only one sim posting occasionally, and I replied to everything she posted. This has happened at another lot before, maybe twice, but this was the first time at this particuler lot.

G

I guess my biggest complaint about this whole sitch is why people were complaining in the first place?

I mean I don't know either party involved so whatever on that part (although I am in more agreeance with the guest), anyway, that's just strange that people were bothered by room talk.

Ah well. Different strokes for different folks. As for me, I will continue to chit chat at my hearts content and would not visit a house that do not let me do so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

She/they/He/it was asked on private message by the Lot Owner to go private message. She got huffy left and started writing story book messages to the owner calling him wrong for making such a request. She got tired of that and moved on to here... None of this was done in full public chat - the lot owner kept it private as he should have. I only know this, because I was there - and not once did I see him make any demands or requests in public chat.

I think she needs to relax and say more within a single sentence than sit there and type out a story book... line after line after line after line... not one single line of chat by her - it was constant long sentences then carried on to the next cause she ran out of space...

It's not chatting if you're taking up the whole screen to tell a story.

As for Jackie - as a reporter - she should remain non-bias by rl media standards. To enter a conversation in a highly opinionated post opens her up to mis-trust as well as ridicule. Now - of course anyone would find my last sentence as offensive, so balls in your court - how would you react to this and perhaps we can show you exactly how distasteful this person was earlier. That mere sentence will be and is upheld by the code of ethics by any person in the media. It is not some personal rule I am pushing on you - nor is it a comment I pulled out of my butt.

And by the way - if you too dislike my long drawn out stories as did Jackie above - imagine we in that lot this morning having to go through that, did I mention line after line after line after line? For almost an hour! egads!

I am merely showing you - exactly what we had to put up with this morning... now you let me know if he was out of line to ask them to move to private chat.. Or perhaps next time I'm in a lot with you - I'll be happy to chatter away telling you a long story.. line after line after line after line...

I'm all about the irony...

<blockquote><hr>

I type in complete sentences. I apologize if my hold on grammar bothers you.

I don't recall insulting anyone personally, and I told the owner several times in private chat "Have a nice day" as a way of ending a conversation that he continued to argue over. I also would like to point out that I DID NOT give out names of houses and sims on the open forum. I never insulted him personally, I only stated that I thought it was rude of him to ask me to move to PM because it is a chat based game and I hadn't done anything offensive.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok. In defense of the home owner.....

I have had on occassion had guests that show up strictly to distrupt my home by "spamming" house chat. By this I mean they do continue to chat so much that it becomes distruptive to other conversations in house. Since I was not present during this incident, I have no way of descerning whether this was an attempt to cause drama by the chatters or not.

However, If the conversation was a two way discussion in which other participants were ignored or not allowed to join into their conversation then I still would have asked everyone else in house to just put the two on ignore. Usually the drama queens will lose interest in their ongoing conversation when the whole house has added them to their ignore lists.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm biased, so I can't really say, but I'm relatively certain nobody was ignored. If anyone had wanted to join the conversation, they were and always will be more than welcome to. Had the conversation been about a private topic, I would've had it in PM.

G

LOL.

someone was mad that you talked TOO MUCH?

I wish I could find people to talk at the lots i'm at too much. I like to talk.

G

DameSansMerci

I am sorry if I offended you!! I don't think asking someone to take a long, drawn out one sided conversation to PM, at the request of numerous other guests, was such a big deal. We love chat in our house, in fact, we encourage it. When it gets quiet the roomies start chatting it up to invite interaction. At this very moment my lot is Full and so is the chat box, if you don't belive me you can PM me and I will jump so you can see.

As for me trying to "argue" with you after you left, I was just stating my reasons for what I asked you to do so please do't say more than what really happened.

Again, I'm sorry if you were offended (and yes you did tell me to have a nice day tyvm).

G

<blockquote><hr>

DameSansMerci

I am sorry if I offended you!! I don't think asking someone to take a long, drawn out one sided conversation to PM, at the request of numerous other guests, was such a big deal. We love chat in our house, in fact, we encourage it. When it gets quiet the roomies start chatting it up to invite interaction. At this very moment my lot is Full and so is the chat box, if you don't belive me you can PM me and I will jump so you can see.

As for me trying to "argue" with you after you left, I was just stating my reasons for what I asked you to do so please do't say more than what really happened.

Again, I'm sorry if you were offended (and yes you did tell me to have a nice day tyvm).

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone else wanted to join our conversation, they could, but apparently, they did not. I HAVE NOT said more than what really happened, and I wasn't going to drag names into it in the first place. The principle of the action just seemed stupid to me. This is nothing personal and I would like to keep it that way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

She/they/He/it was asked on private message by the Lot Owner to go private message. She got huffy left and started writing story book messages to the owner calling him wrong for making such a request. She got tired of that and moved on to here... None of this was done in full public chat - the lot owner kept it private as he should have. I only know this, because I was there - and not once did I see him make any demands or requests in public chat.

I think she needs to relax and say more within a single sentence than sit there and type out a story book... line after line after line after line... not one single line of chat by her - it was constant long sentences then carried on to the next cause she ran out of space...

It's not chatting if you're taking up the whole screen to tell a story.

And by the way - if you too dislike my long drawn out stories as did Jackie above - imagine we in that lot this morning having to go through that, did I mention line after line after line after line? For almost an hour! egads!

I am merely showing you - exactly what we had to put up with this morning... now you let me know if he was out of line to ask them to move to private chat.. Or perhaps next time I'm in a lot with you - I'll be happy to chatter away telling you a long story.. line after line after line after line...

I'm all about the irony...

[/ QUOTE ]

I type in complete sentences. I apologize if my hold on grammar bothers you.

I don't recall insulting anyone personally, and I told the owner several times in private chat "Have a nice day" as a way of ending a conversation that he continued to argue over. I also would like to point out that I DID NOT give out names of houses and sims on the open forum. I never insulted him personally, I only stated that I thought it was rude of him to ask me to move to PM because it is a chat based game and I hadn't done anything offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

....which calls into question whether or not this thread should continue now that the lot owner has outed himself as the guilty party because now its not about a general situation, but a specific lot. Nobody *else* named names, they did it themselves of their own free will, so I'm not sure if we're skirting the RoC now or not.

G

First - all parties willingly posted and admitted their part in the incident.

Second - I don't think it is productive to refer to the owner as "guilty" because both sides have made very good cases imo. I say what happened happened. It could very well have been the chatters were ignoring others who tried to join the conversation but not on purpose. Either way... I think the owner handled it well. He did it in private pm as a polite request when he could have just booted them. The chatters left and are now free to chat at any other lots or in PM. I think it's only fair that he was allowed to come here and defend himself and give his side of the story. I can see both sides and in a way I think both are right in a way - although I would have to see the actual conversation. Must have been something to have several sims complaining about it.

G

I'd be interested to hear what the complainers actually said. All I was told is I overfill the chat box. I can see that being an issue if a lot of sims were talking at one time, but it was silent, excluding the two of us and one other girl.

G

I do also kind of wonder what they said. When people are not talking I figure they are either AFK, or in private chat and either way not really looking at the screen. How boring is it to sit and watch your sim skill??

G

It's impossible to take any side in this strange thread, without having seen the conversation. What purpose does this thread serve?
If &gt; 4 separate people complain to the owner, there must have been a reason.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's impossible to take any side in this strange thread, without having seen the conversation. What purpose does this thread serve?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post this to make a debate for people to take sides for or against the particuler sim XD I just thought it was odd that anyone would ask me to take a conversation to PM because I talk too much in a quiet room.

Edited to include:

I can't remember specifics of the conversation, but I believe I asked my friend how his brothers were doing, how his vacation was, told him I'm getting a cat, talked briefly about college next year and discussed the house we're building together.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think what I did was out of line. I was very nice and polite about it. The two ladies are always welcome on our property, just as you all are. Have a nice day and see you in Game

[/ QUOTE ]I respect you for coming over and explaining what happened. Personally, though, I would have handled it differently.

Chatting is part of the game. I cannot fathom what would prompt a bunch of people to complain about people chatting "excessively", and I would not have given in to their threats of leaving. In fact, I would have held the door open for them! In my eyes, the guests that were complaining about the chatting were creating a hostile atmosphere. The fact that they lacked the backbone to voice their complaints publicly impresses me even less. I would not allow people like these to influence how others play their game, nor allow them to tell me how to run my house. Now, before I appear hypocritical -- it is your house; you run it as you see fit. I'm just throwing in my own two currency-formerly-known-as-Simoleans' worth.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You my dear friend - are definitely into yourself..

You want the world to read and put up with your long drawn out conversations in game and you can't give someone a moment of your time to read their post?

Get over yourself - case in point... IRONIC!

[/ QUOTE ]
...and halt!

This coming from a person who presumes herself empowered to dictate to others how they play their game?

It is you who are into yourself.

G

TTL

There are always two sides to every story and there are people from many different locations/cultures playing the game.

What one person finds inoffensive, others may find offense at. What some people might find a fascinating conversation, others may find boring/irritating/insert multiple options here.

I've often left a lot because I've not been enjoying the conversation going on in room chat. It would probably depend on what kind of day I've had and how tired I am, as to how much interest/patience I have in listening to petty arguments between wannabe mafiosas, or several mothers discussing in great detail the contents of their darling child's last nappy (diaper).

What floats one person's boat, might very definitely sink someone else's.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think what I did was out of line. I was very nice and polite about it. The two ladies are always welcome on our property, just as you all are. Have a nice day and see you in Game

[/ QUOTE ]I respect you for coming over and explaining what happened. Personally, though, I would have handled it differently.

Chatting is part of the game. I cannot fathom what would prompt a bunch of people to complain about people chatting "excessively", and I would not have given in to their threats of leaving. In fact, I would have held the door open for them! In my eyes, the guests that were complaining about the chatting were creating a hostile atmosphere. The fact that they lacked the backbone to voice their complaints publicly impresses me even less. I would not allow people like these to influence how others play their game, nor allow them to tell me how to run my house. Now, before I appear hypocritical -- it is your house; you run it as you see fit. I'm just throwing in my own two currency-formerly-known-as-Simoleans' worth.

[/ QUOTE ]
As usual - a minor incident, two different points of view, and VIOLA! The Stratics drama train steams out of the station.
"Well! I never..... if it was me, I would have....." blah blah yeah yeah.

None of us were there. None of us knows what we would have done if we were. (if anything)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
As usual - a minor incident, two different points of view, and VIOLA! The Stratics drama train steams out of the station.

None of us were there. None of us knows what we would have done if we were. (if anything)

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this was a valid issue to post on. I wasn't out to get the owner--just thought it was kinda crazy and wanted to hear if other people had the same opinion. It became personal when the owner got on and started declaring his name and made an argument out of what actually happened.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this was a valid issue to post on. I wasn't out to get the owner--just thought it was kinda crazy and wanted to hear if other people had the same opinion. It became personal when the owner got on and started declaring his name and made an argument out of what actually happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
I read his post - it didn't seem to me that he was trying to start an argument, just telling his side.
It sounds like you got upset because he has the effrontery to defend himself - what you thot would be an easy way to make yourself a victim turned into something else - now it's *your* character that's called into question.
Ironic, huh?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I read his post - it didn't seem to me that he was trying to start an argument, just telling his side.
It sounds like you got upset because he has the effrontery to defend himself - what you thot would be an easy way to make yourself a victim turned into something else - now it's *your* character that's called into question.
Ironic, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Her character isn't the only one that could be called into question with this thread, ya know
. Nor do I really think anybody but the posse' that the owner brought in to defend him is questioning Dame's. I do think his posting 'in defense' was inappropriate since he was never directly attacked because mentioning his name or the lots name, even if Dame had been questioned about it in PMs, is against the RoC. If his name had been brought into it, then yeah he has every right to come and defend himself, but it wasn't until he brought it here himself. Up to that point this was just another post about something that happened in game that got somebody's goat.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I don't find the request to move chat to private messages offensive, especially if it's bothersome to other guests. Any guest that would find that offensive, should really find another game to play.

The roomies and owners of lots put up with a lot, they cater to your every need in game. They go out of their way often to see that you are happy and satisfied. Have any of ever hosted a full lot? Based on this conversation I'm going to assume you haven't.

I hosted only 3 days ago to help out a friend, and let me tell you - it's no piece of cake. Having 30 people in your lot at one time, is quite insane and takes a lot out of a person. You have to be a person who enjoys doing all that crazy clicking to really enjoy it. And regardless if that lot is full or not - it's still quite a bit of work to run.

I've been to this property and I was there this morning as well. I hardly find that the owner was out of line. Your chat was a conversation between you and your friend, and quite frankly you can put more words in private chat than you can in public chat - how bad would it be to do so?

Are you so self preserved that the world of EA Land must bow to your needs and preferences? You're just two people - get over yourselves... It's a game, enjoy it - want long drawn out chats that are unappealing to 10 other people on a lot? Then by all means, I encourage you to start your own lot and deal with your guests your way - I'm going back to the lot in question, mostly because - the guy made the right decision for the majority of his guests.

I'm so annoyed by this post for the sheer point that all of you want to bash a house that goes above and beyond to cater to their guests. I'd like to find one person actually sit here and post they were abused in that house, because I've known these people for many months and I've seen them host a house - not one of them has ever been rude or obnoxious. Which is ultimately way more important than anything else. Be happy you were asked to go to private chat - as others will point out - they've been banned without warning for nothing more than just taking up a seat. - And why would you ever want a reason not to be catered to by some of the hottest little simmies in EA Land?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the majority here have hosted a time or two in the years we've been playing. I have hosted casinos that were full and we did payouts. We had to do the cooking serenades have someone every few minutes asking "can I cash please" and then try to watch for cheaters on top of all that. I'm sorry but I just don't see a full skill house being any harder than the casino's we're and unless the chat became disrepectful or unacceptable in terms of ToS I would just advise the bothered guest to use their ignore buttons. Considering it was only 2 players I don't think that is alot to ask them to do. Also, IMO if the knitt pickers have to threaten the owner and roomies that they are leaving when they have such an easy solution to the problem I wouldn;t want them there anyway. God forbid a guest did something really bad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Brewton?

BIOYA

[/ QUOTE ]

DILLIGAF?

N

IDGARA

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I got to the second line of your post and stopped reading.

I don't want to read the sob story of how hard it is to run a lot. I've done it. I decided I didn't like to cater to peoples psychotic whims and shut down my top money house to become a lot hopper.

[/ QUOTE ]

You my dear friend - are definitely into yourself..

You want the world to read and put up with your long drawn out conversations in game and you can't give someone a moment of your time to read their post?

Get over yourself - case in point... IRONIC!

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez I guess we all better go get into ourselves. LOL... I'm so sorry dear but forgive me if I don't shed tears over your hard day on the job. I just don't see a skill house being all that hard to host and we know you weren't alone. As a matter of fact, the owner said "roomies" in his post. I think if anyone needs to get over anything its you and your inability to be able to handle a large crowd. That is one thing that isn't going to gain you any sympathy in this forum. Most of us have been there and done that while eating a 5 course dinner and watching our favorite shows on TV.

P

Paula778

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post this to make a debate for people to take sides for or against the particuler sim XD I just thought it was odd that anyone would ask me to take a conversation to PM because I talk too much in a quiet room.

Edited to include:

I can't remember specifics of the conversation, but I believe I asked my friend how his brothers were doing, how his vacation was, told him I'm getting a cat, talked briefly about college next year and discussed the house we're building together.

[/ QUOTE ]

There we go, I can totally see how that could be annoying to a third party.
If 2 friends go on and on about their personal life, there is not much chance to jump in on that conversation either.
If it's not their house why wouldn't they talk in PM?
It's like that annoying old guy sitting next to you in the bus talking on the cellphone for half an hour...

If the owner asked politely I don't see how this even got on the board...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited to include:

[/ QUOTE ]

There we go, I can totally see how that could be annoying to a third party.
If 2 friends go on and on about their personal life, there is not much chance to jump in on that conversation either.
If it's not their house why wouldn't they talk in PM?
It's like that annoying old guy sitting next to you in the bus talking on the cellphone for half an hour...

If the owner asked politely I don't see how this even got on the board...

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what the 'personal' convo is. If its an issue with a kid, another parent could chime in with 'yep, I've got a kid that age and went through this and blah blah blah this is how I handled it', or similar with a work related issue....somebody else in the room might be in the same field and can sympathize or empathize with what a person is talking about. Point being that unless somebody *did* try to jump in, and Dame or her friend said something to the effect of "Mind your own damned business" then they were obviously open to anybody chiming in with whatever they wanted to.

Some players really seem to be uncomfortable or even threatened by people who bring too much of their RL into the game and I've never really understood that. Even in an RP situation, my sim is an extension of myself. If I have a bear or a monkey avatar I am not pretending *I* am a bear or a monkey. It's OK if people do pretend that, or if they pretend they are a mime (thinking of the SimonTheMime article) or whatever, but if that kind of play is OK then why can't it be equally OK for somebody to play a pixelated version of themselves?

P

Paula778

This is more in general than about coincidence mentioned above:

Maybe you have really nothing in common to jump in? No kids, no dog..
Don't wanna interrupt, or just don't care about another stranger goin on and on over details of his life?!
Point is .. you either forced to read it, even if it doesn't interest you a bit (which is definitely annoying after half an hour) ...
or you have put game in background and go afk.. if asking to pls catch up in PM politely is frowned upon..

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Brewton?

BIOYA

[/ QUOTE ]

DILLIGAF?

N

IDGARA

[/ QUOTE ]
U R ARA

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Don't wanna interrupt, or just don't care about another stranger goin on and on over details of his life?!
Point is .. you either forced to read it, even if it doesn't interest you a bit (which is definitely annoying after half an hour) ...
or you have put game in background and go afk.. if asking to pls catch up in PM politely is frowned upon..

[/ QUOTE ]

The one option that EA has given us here is the "IGNORE" button. I don't even see this as being an issue when this feature is so easy to access and then the person isn't bothered. It's just so simple and to have a situation like this blown so way out of proportion is silly. We can't cater to one person. Each sim/avatar has their on views and to think that a house full of people are ever going to agree on any topic is really unrealistic. I say use IGNORE. I do and then I don't have to whine because Mary is pregnant and Joe is an alcoholic.

I

imported_julilyn

I talk up a storm with a couple friends when we are at skill lots, horses, cats my pain in the ass little brother and work. I also do some tongue in cheek man bashing and opinions on drugs . I have to say I have never once been asked to take it to pm.

BUT

I have been in a room where the conversation was about something that pains me dearly to have to hear about, not that the sims taking part in the conversation could know that , it was just a sore spot with me, and when that happens I just green and leave. no big deal.

IF I were at a lot and a roommie asked me to take it to pm. I would respect that, and it would be no big deal.

Don't sweat the small stuff, this is a game.

P

Paula778

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The one option that EA has given us here is the "IGNORE" button. I don't even see this as being an issue when this feature is so easy to access and then the person isn't bothered. It's just so simple and to have a situation like this blown so way out of proportion is silly. We can't cater to one person. Each sim/avatar has their on views and to think that a house full of people are ever going to agree on any topic is really unrealistic. I say use IGNORE. I do and then I don't have to whine because Mary is pregnant and Joe is an alcoholic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to remember their name to unignore them hours later and I probably forget..
Let's make all other guests write their names down to not get into that trouble 2 weeks later:

Avatar 1: Could you please ask Avatar 2 why he is ignoring me?
Avatar 3: *siiighhh* Avatar 2, Avatar 1 wants to know why you are ignoring him...
Avatar 2: What, hm? Dunno, Avatar 2 must have been a pancake at some point..
Avatar 3: Avatar 1, Avatar 3 can't remember why he is ignoring you ... you were rude or something..
Avatar 1: WHAT??? ME?? Never, what an idiot... Tell him to unignore me, I want to know what I did!
Avatar 3: Avatar 2, Avatar 3 wants you to unignore her, she wants to talk about it!
and so on and so on ....
After a scenerio like this you will probably never become 'friends'...
PM would have been so much easier for every1...

Our paths might cross again especially when any of those parties have a popular house. Being annoyed by that one conversation doesn't automatically mean I want to miss the chance getting to know someone because I forgot to unignore.
Damn after all this, don't tell me to bookmark em to not forget! It just dawned on me lol...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I believe many people are unaware they do not have to remember the name of people they ignore. On your bookmark user interface there is a tab to see the names of all players you have put on ignore. You can simply remove people from your ignore list as you would removing someone from your bookmark list.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I talk up a storm with a couple friends when we are at skill lots, horses, cats my pain in the ass little brother and work. I also do some tongue in cheek man bashing and opinions on drugs . I have to say I have never once been asked to take it to pm.

BUT

I have been in a room where the conversation was about something that pains me dearly to have to hear about, not that the sims taking part in the conversation could know that , it was just a sore spot with me, and when that happens I just green and leave. no big deal.

IF I were at a lot and a roommie asked me to take it to pm. I would respect that, and it would be no big deal.

Don't sweat the small stuff, this is a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said !!!! I applaud you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, as one who has a few *hot button* topics that deal with RL bad events, I can relate to this....and when that happens it is *really* tempting to PM those people out of frustration and emotion and tell them to STFU and think about other people's feelings, but you're right, it wouldn't be right to do that, so I don't, I either put those talking about it on mute or if that is the only conversation in the house and nobody else is talking or wants to talk, then I leave. I wouldn't IM the owner and tell him I left because of those two guests, because in reality they didn't do anything wrong by talking about what upset me, and I pretty much think if I had spoken up and said that that made me very uncomfortable and why, that they would stop.....but I think even that would be infringing on their rights.

That goes back to the profanity filter in game and that lovely feature that allows us to add words to it that we don't want to see, and my post in SD stating that I wish something like that could be added here, because every now and then that terminology is thrown around glibly by people who just aren't thinking....but sadly it's not possible here, but I am grateful that it is in game