• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] In Game Message From Mesanna - Glacial & Void Ingots

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*starts quest to look for ingots*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
:facepalm:

LOL

Collectors are collectors no matter what.. who cares if ya can't display them.. locking them in a chest for your own viewing pleasure and occasionally going all "Gollum" over them is in and of it's self it's own reward huh :mf_prop:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

LOL

Collectors are collectors no matter what.. who cares if ya can't display them.. locking them in a chest for your own viewing pleasure and occasionally going all "Gollum" over them is in and of it's self it's own reward huh :mf_prop:
haha, yeah, I wonder if there is such a thing as illegal search and seizure in UO. :)

Also, I now plead the 5th. :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
***edited post to remove quote it had to hide potential evidence that could have been used in attempts to get that no knock warrant*** :hahaha::hahaha:

Hate to do it... but.... errrrrrrrrr

:postpics:

:mf_prop:

Last edited:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you want to keep them hidden away... I wouldn't post publicly as it would not be hard to track them down... communities small enough now that everyone knows everyone's houses.. characters etc

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like last Saturday there was an event where a bunch of void colored ore was on the ground, and then a little later wasn't. I know the ore wasn't able to be picked up but possibly smelted with a fire beetle, is that where the void ingots came from?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hope they get deleted. should be posted on patch page to warn people? need a ongoing list of all items not to buy so new/old people know, so theres no excuse if u buy them. wish there was a site to go to on patch page where important info can be accessed like this. I remember I bought a mythic token for 10 mil, thought they forgot a zero, didn't think was duped because on vender lol. then I could see others for sale. knew something was wrong. next day was deleted. problem I had is, they left venders up for other people to buy and there was no warning. I could see people not knowing, buying thinking was event item, then get deleted. lame

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
hope they get deleted. should be posted on patch page to warn people? need a ongoing list of all items not to buy so new/old people know, so theres no excuse if u buy them. wish there was a site to go to on patch page where important info can be accessed like this. I remember I bought a mythic token for 10 mil, thought they forgot a zero, didn't think was duped because on vender lol. then I could see others for sale. knew something was wrong. next day was deleted. problem I had is, they left venders up for other people to buy and there was no warning. I could see people not knowing, buying thinking was event item, then get deleted. lame
I hear you there. That was the main reason I posted this here shortly after she announced in game. I was among those who got burned in the Mythic token deal. Though the vendor just wanted quick gold and he priced them at 40m. I snagged like 3 or 4. Used one stuck the others in a box. A few days later *POOF* they were gone... *shrugs* ... lesson learned.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mhmm, sure. ;)
I mean, you can believe whatever you want. Just like people can believe the reports of the guild who is actually selling/in possession of said ingots.

*shrugs*

** Not that I think there is anything wrong with said guild having the ingots. The rares community has a long history of obtaining items which were not meant to be obtainable.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I mean, you can believe whatever you want. Just like people can believe the reports of the guild who is actually selling/in possession of said ingots.

*shrugs*

** Not that I think there is anything wrong with said guild having the ingots. The rares community has a long history of obtaining items which were not meant to be obtainable.
Mhmm, sure. ;)

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
The ingots can't be used to forge armor/weapons. They don't show up on the blacksmith menu. So if you do find some for sale, note that you won't be making void armor anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The ingots can't be used to forge armor/weapons. They don't show up on the blacksmith menu. So if you do find some for sale, note that you won't be making void armor anytime soon.
Was kinda hoping they would. I mean then they would give us void and glacial tubs in 5-6 years ;) lol

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Promathia it's rare that we find someone who put's the right thing to do over greed and evil intentions. you're a honest fella, and a light that shines with the brightest that the rares community has to offer.. our clans have their differences, but everybody should recognize this man for his honesty.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Promathia it's rare that we find someone who put's the right thing to do over greed and evil intentions. you're a honest fella, and a light that shines with the brightest that the rares community has to offer.. our clans have their differences, but everybody should recognize this man for his honesty.
I feel like, eventually we will need to marry off our children to someday bring peace to our clans.

Might you be interested in marrying off PeeKay? We have Alex and it could be the marriage to bring peace and prosperity to the whole rares community.

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Also, to my knowledge, there are only 2 glacial ingots and 35 void ones. But I can't verify those numbers.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't understand why it's possible to hide these items from the dev team... "deleted on site"... what a joke.

There is no excuse for UO not to be using some sort of queryable data store by now. ItemTypeId = X and HueId = Y - there, problem solved.

But in reality, them saving to flat files is the only thing that would explain the rampant scripting and duping that has taken place that a morning report would have squashed 18 years ago.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand why it's possible to hide these items from the dev team... "deleted on site"... what a joke.

There is no excuse for UO not to be using some sort of queryable data store by now. ItemTypeId = X and HueId = Y - there, problem solved.

But in reality, them saving to flat files is the only thing that would explain the rampant scripting and duping that has taken place that a morning report would have squashed 18 years ago.
But there is actually Em rares that are void colored, so to just remove that from the database would probably delete peoples rares as well?

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
But there is actually Em rares that are void colored, so to just remove that from the database would probably delete peoples rares as well?
That's why itemtypeid is in there ;) Assuming there aren't any pre-existing valid neon/void ingots. And if there are, you just add criteria for the created timestamp (if that exists...)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there a list somewhere that shows the current "delete on sight" items? I've been pretty vocal about how I dislike that it is just at Mesanna's whim what is illegal to own in regards to some items being illegal while other items created the exact same way are not. Right now all I can think of are these ingots and ethy stuff, but I know there has been other stuff. Is there a list posted somewhere showing the no-no items?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"neon" dye tubs
moveable forge
moveable bank box

there are also "questionable" items, most of which were picked up or EM role-play items that were supposed to be timered but werent. I think alot of times EMs just say "this is delete on sight" to discourage people from taking / keeping the item in question.
examples of this are "field of fire", old tamed EM mobs, the most recent example was an orc mask on atlantic that alot were taken out of chest before bennu corrected the timer. stuff like this basically comes down to if its remembered, or at discretion of a GM.

other items of note:
colored 2 story statues
waters tiles you can actually fish out of (catch fish)
live ethereal polar bears
those "glacial" regs from chessy i also heard were recently deleted even tho theres 1000s of them and would be impossible to delete them all.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
those "glacial" regs from chessy i also heard were recently deleted even tho theres 1000s of them and would be impossible to delete them all.
The regs were deleted by a GM and Mesanna replaced them at Chessyfest. She confirmed they are legal to own (though she was unaware of them until then). She also confirmed the glacial "Spell Casting Stuff" bag they were displayed in is legal as well and added a "approved by Mesanna" hidden tag to it.

Also, Mesanna has confirmed that "Field Of Fire" is legal to own to the current owner of one of them. The owner asked her to go through his house and delete anything that would be considered illegal. He specifically pointed that item out, as well as a few other items in question.