• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In fairness...

E

ephemeral

Okay, I have been critical of how EA has handled the re-design of TSO/EA-Land. As mentioned before, I am not faulting the devs' efforts, simply the methodology used to determine and effect said changes.

I have also stated that the strange and sudden silence of the devs indicated one of two things. Either they had taken a step back to re-evaluate their game plan or EA had pulled them from the project...with a heavy bent towards the latter.

I now publish this post because I have noticed some things in the game that are making me reconsider my position on exactly what is happening with the developers. I may (or may not) be correct but I have noticed a couple of things.

It seems that the greenometers have been slightly altered. They do not decay quite as quickly when at money houses. Also, it would appear that skills are not decaying as quickly as they have in the past. I am not positive these effects are true, however others have noticed them as well.

If this is true, then the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the devs have been working on the game code--but have not announced any of their modifications. This is as it should have been to begin with...and indicates that perhaps they are trying to clean up ongoing problems--instead of worrying about insignificant modifications such as more CC in different forms.

If true, I hope to see significant improvements in login smoothness, lag and improvement in the frequency of unexplained crashes. I would also expect to hear that people are having fewer problems downloading and installing the game too. No need for the devs to advertise what they are doing--JUST DO IT!

If it IS true that they are quietly working fixing problems, then kudos to them. The devoted players deserve this minimum of respect for their suffering and continued support of TSO/EA-Land. (and please write a sub-routine to the login or logoff that automatically clears out the CC cache!)

G

IMHO and going by past greening or decay issues we have always had to have some sort of patch/update in order to have changes take effect to change how the greening or decay affects sims.

We have not had any updates in seversl weeks for changes like these to actually occur. I think you are just thinking that these things have changed, I've not noticed any such changes myself.

E

ephemeral

<blockquote><hr>

IMHO and going by past greening or decay issues we have always had to have some sort of patch/update in order to have changes take effect to change how the greening or decay affects sims.

We have not had any updates in seversl weeks for changes like these to actually occur. I think you are just thinking that these things have changed, I've not noticed any such changes myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be well be right. I'm wondering if very small changes are being made during maint, small enough that they are only a few KB worth--so that you don't notice them when you run from the patch.

Of course, the (occasionally) better performance "LAG-wise" could be from fewer people playing, as people give up or become frustrated with the game as well.

G

I've noticed little oddites I haven't seen before and have played along time (ex. I logged in one day and on that sim my skills were dropping at an excessive rate. logged in later that day and skill decay was very minimal)...there have been other things that may seem insignificant, but still things I don't recall seeing in 4 years. It's my hope that it is the result of the game being tweaked and tuned on the fly before an update...but perhaps I'm grasping at a mirage

G

I dunno, I think green may last longer lately, it seems I get more skill in a green then I used to. On the last point I used to be lucky to get .15 in a green lately I've been getting .20-.25 depending on the skill. Of course I could be misremembering it too lol, it has been 6 mo or so since I skilled this much.

I

imported_remflyer

I play this game every day but I have not noticed any of the changes you have mentioned. I see no reason why they would change greening or skill decay rates when there are so many other issues for them to work on. I did noticed the way skilling has changed in TC3 and I love it. I hope that change comes to EA Land.

As for the Dev's silence I'm sure there is a very good reason for it but their silence is bad for morale and for the game. Players are leaving and it makes it difficult to refer others to this game if players think it has been abandoned again. A short positive post by the Dev's or Parizad would go a long way to reassure us. The fact they have not done that makes you wonder.

It's been about a year I think since they started to work on our game again. Does anyone remember how long they had to turn this game around to show a profit to EA? I know it was mentioned at the Community Pub they had a deadline. Does anyone remember what that was?

G

I too have noticed the small changes. Not only the skill decay slowing, but when I am at work, where I used to leave even with serenades and cracking backs, my green is higher.

I

imported_Danny Dots

I haven't really noticed any small changed, but I hope they are there

I like to believe that the devs are working on something HUGE right now and they don't have the time to tell us! I hope this is true, so badly. I want amnesty and anti-bot features so badly! Anything to make this game better than it already is!

The only thing I can say for sure is..
Time will tell...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true actually......not lately. If you recall, the last few 'free green weekends' did not require patching, they just simply started after a maintenance, so that tells me that they can increase/decrease decay rate, or turn it off completely without a patch. I don't know whether or not this is the case since I play TC3 way more than EAL, but I just wanted to point out that saying that there has to be a patch is incorrect.

G

there has to be a patch is incorrect

True. Parameters maintained on the servers do not need patches. Other examples are skilling speed and money payouts. Plus the earnings cap in TC3.

G

Every few weeks someone posts that they think:

Green lasts longer
Green lasts less
Skills decay faster
Skills decay slower

I still do the same amount of jams per cycle.

I

imported_CherryBomb

CB ( the other CB) is correct. You can change stuff like skill speed and motive decay server-side.

CherryBomb

G

I have not done any jamming for a few weeks, but since EAland opened I could do 10 trays in one green. (Simland was 8 trays to 8 1/2 trays in one green.) So if you are getting more then 10 jam trays per green then maybe it has slowed down. One can only hope. We spend way to much time greening.