• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Impossable

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I want a list of things that people would like to be able to do with housing but don't know how or don't believe it to be doable please...

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still can't figure out the Globe Trick... Maybe you could come to Pacific and School me?

I spent about an hour on TC1 with Mutau trying to get it to work... no luck...

:thumbup1:

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Tet i know thats not impossible I've had mine for years, but perhaps ill do a tutorial with DVI's house but id really like some ideas of things that haven't been done i have a few but i wanna make something crazy!

S

Sonoma

I would like to be able to customize castles and keeps. I think its impossible. If you know of a way, please let us know.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooh, boy.

Let's start with making arches. I can't figure out how to get good-looking arches going in half the tile-sets including the wood and plaster, and those that do have arches, like the gargoyle ruins, are sometimes mismatched or missing pieces (gargoyle set is missing the corner arch and single pole to connect the corners). Or how about a marble roof? I tried making a temple the other day and the only white roof we have is the zento ceramic tile roof, which is luna-white and not marble-white. Can you figure out a way to dye roof and wall tiles? :D

...oh wait, you meant actual do-able things that are just really hard? Uh... lemme check my list and get back to you! :eyes:

(I do actually have some ideas, I just can't recall them right now)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to be able to customize castles and keeps. I think its impossible. If you know of a way, please let us know.
You can "kind of" customize them. Rubble and those new teleposters opened up new doors :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see grass, water, snow, dirt, and wooden floor designed goza mats.

I picked goza mats because I don't like the way the carpet highlights.
Make gozas stack able

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh dont get me started becuase i would not stop on this one lets just say i think that house building should be more like sims game. being able to make diff shap walls. you pick a angle then pick the wall type you want it to look like. thats my dream uo. if you look at some of the walls in the list you have angles for some walls and then other dont even have the diff sizes as others.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hum this thread didn't really go where I was hoping it would... The point was to give me ideas of deco that had never been done before and might not be possible even not to suggest things to be added to uo... I don't have that kinda power... Yet... *Rubs hands together and cackles like a crazy person*

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't think i'm up to building a home outta harvest bottles yet. I'd like a way to build a cash register facin east. I want to make gardens in the grassy areas of keeps and castles.

I want to redecorate Britain.

N

Nastia Cross

I've never been able to get waterfalls down so they are an impossible for me.

M

Mairut

Vlad... is this to do with the housing tiles, or can it include deco? :p

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With a new placement tool, would love to be able to move a deco item along the x-axis (laterally) 1/2 or 1/3 tile to the right and left someday.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any thing you guys want me to see if I can come up with a way to do given the resources I have... Unforutnatly I've only got a 18x18... so i cant do what i really wanna do which is some crazy side by side stuff... but oh well...

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As to potentially impossible dreams, I think most of us would be happy with getting the missing tiles from our current housing sets, as a start. :D

Also, anyone who has used HouseBuilder or just spends time looking at buildings in towns, and the landscape in various parts of the game, would probably like at least some of those currently game landscape only eye candy pieces, such as treasure piles, marble benches, etc. to be available to the house deco menu. :thumbup1:

-Skylark

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well its a good thing I tend to self inspire over time lol everyone keeps trying to make this thread about what the devs should have given us ages ago... thats ok I think I figured out at least part of what I'm gonna build...

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hum this thread didn't really go where I was hoping it would... The point was to give me ideas of deco that had never been done before and might not be possible even not to suggest things to be added to uo... I don't have that kinda power... Yet... *Rubs hands together and cackles like a crazy person*
Oh I thought you wanted a list of ideas for housing deco to turn in to the devs.

M

mutau

A tutorial for the cascading waterfall challenged folks out there .... like me. :)

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto-ing the waterfall idea. Can't get multi-story waterfalls to work, ever.

Also: Build a sushi bar! I had a vague idea of how to do this, but I'd like your take on it. Think chinese buffet-style table with the glass over it. Perfect for a Zento restaurant!

Also thinking I'd like a tutorial for making a curved waterway or path. I have done it relatively successfully in the past with dozens of plants, but it'd be nice to see how to do it better without wasting half my house lockdowns on hiding the square edges of a pond...