• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing...the Ultimate Gold Sink

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Public brainstorm. Please discuss.

Starting with:

I think artifacts should be allowed as consumables, they would help provide the game with a much needed *gold sink*. (artifacts and rares being thought of as *same as cash* in my mind)

Lets keep this constructive please, thanks all. :)

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would just lead to completely untraceable dupes, I think. If you could dupe 300 Crims and then just break them up like that?

Because that wouldn't help the economy AT ALL.

Just my 2 cents...

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At first brush, I selfishly dislike the idea - gold is already not something I'm swamped with, so making a new system dependant on gold means that it's not something I get to play with.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to there being some reagent that's only available by a gold sink.

( I tend to prefer gold sinks that are a straight lottery: 1 million gold for a box of trinkets and resources: say 10 commons, 3 uncommons and a "rare", at least some marked by year to limit the impact of any dupe laundering contanimating the market ).

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps making consumable tools only available from NPCs at a high price. That would suck for skill raising though (still thinking here)

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would just lead to completely untraceable dupes
Yes.. and the Bod books Filled with Val Hammer Bods or the Hammers themselves that were duped and promptly turned in 15 UBER armor / weapon pieces are sooooo much better. :blushing: It just depends on the specifics.. but allowing people to spend money to craft what they want has potential... especially if it takes ALOT to make a little etc... If you want a 50% Mod and have to sacrifice 10 items with that 50% mod on it to do so, not counting the possible Gold cost.... etc. lots of room to make the idea work.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't recall saying we have a perfect system. My point is why make it worse?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't recall saying we have a perfect system. My point is why make it worse?
Personally I like the idea of destroying a pair of inquis in order to get an ultra rare material to use with making something else. I dont see how something like this makes our system worse, especially if the special material maintains its unique ID from being a set of inquis.

If protocol was in place to stop said duped special materials, I can think of no other option in game that would take as much gold potentially out of the game by way of destroying items.