• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing - Remember When?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not an overly serious post.. but after coming back from an extended break... I have shaken my head over a few things.

Anyone remember the early days of imbuing before you could walk into a dungeon with your overpowered melee equipped with whatever slayer and farm endlessly for overpowered loot that always gave relic fragments each hunting trip?

Those early days where basically the only thing that gave relic fragments were Doom artifacts or the cursed versions of them. I also remember how desperate we were for magical residue & mass creating wooden items out of - oak I think - to get enough residue to finish training the skill. Then in the months that followed after we all trained up our gargoyle imbuers, clever people found ways to imbue / enhance / etc new ways to get relic fragments. Then every few weeks the developers would get upset and nerf these new methods. This happened over and over.

I thought I had a lot of relic fragments in the early days before the Developers nerfed most of the legal ways to make them. But, now? I can have them swimming out of my ears with not a lot of effort. How times & the mentality of the game developers has changed.

I wonder if they will next add enhancing / refining "tiers" to everything like the Korean grinder MMO's so I can show off my lvl +16 refined / reforged / imbued / enhanced / insert new method weapon of whatever. Everything is so over the top now, I wonder how far they can push it in the future.