• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing Question....

Z

Zambowow

So I've been making some items now that I've finally reached 120. When trying to make a bow, I found a weight problem.

When trying to imbue a exceptional bow, my weight intensities are much higher than when I try to imbue a non-exceptional bow. Meaning, its allowing me to add more mods and higher intense mods on non exceptional items. Why is that? Or am I missing something?

The exceptional bow has 36% Damage Increase where the non-ex doesn't. Is thats what screwing me up with my math? Thanks!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The exceptional bow has 36% Damage Increase where the non-ex doesn't. Is thats what screwing me up with my math?
Short answer - yes :)

You actually have a better chance of imbuing an exceptional item than a regular item, but that gets hidden by the fact that the damage increase on an exceptional weapon counts as a mod. If for some reason you don't need any DI on your weapon, then you ideally want a non-exceptional crafted item as a base.

Z

Zambowow

You actually have a better chance of imbuing an exceptional item than a regular item, but that gets hidden by the fact that the damage increase on an exceptional weapon counts as a mod. If for some reason you don't need any DI on your weapon, then you ideally want a non-exceptional crafted item as a base.
So if the Exceptional item all ready has Damage Increase on it and I had damage increase on it, than the DI that I added replaces what was on it before? So I'm basically imbuing the same item?

The problem I was having is kinda this (this time with numbers)....

Exceptional Bow: Adding 30% SSI had a 187 Weight Intensity
Non Exceptional Bow: Adding 30% SSI had a 110 Weight Intensity

Why is that?

OR!!!!!

Was it higher due to the fact that damage increase was all ready on there?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was it higher due to the fact that damage increase was all ready on there?
Yes, the damage increase bonus for being exceptional counts as a mod (and so counts against the total intensity of the item).

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damage increase is a mod.
Intensity is the sum of the mods (with some weights).

An exceptional-crafted weapon has a "damage increase" mod.
That damage increase is counted against the 5 max mods
That damage increase is counted against the 500% total intensity score.

Z

Zambowow

I understand that but my question and what im confused about is why the mod has more weight intensity when its exceptional than when its non exceptional.

Example:
Exceptional Bow: Adding 30% SSI had a 187 Weight Intensity
Non Exceptional Bow: Adding 30% SSI had a 110 Weight Intensity

Sorry hehe just confused by the reasoning behind the increased intensity on an exceptional bow.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah ok, I think I see where you're getting confused - I believe you're misreading the gump.

The number you are quoting is not the intensity of 30SSI, it's the intensity of sum of everything on the bow.

The 36% DI bonus (out of a maximum possible 50%) works out to 72 points of intensity
The 30% SSI (weighted by 1.1x) works out to be 110 points of intensity (you can see it near the top of the gump: "weighted intensity 110%")

So on the plain bow, you see 110 while on the exceptional bow you see 72+110=182

(you said 187 above, but I believe you should have been seeing 182 ... if that's not a typo and you are seeing 187 with nothing else on that bow, let me know)

(the exceptional bonus to resists for armor is *not* handled the same way which can make things confusing)

Z

Zambowow

Ah ok, I think I see where you're getting confused - I believe you're misreading the gump.

The number you are quoting is not the intensity of 30SSI, it's the intensity of sum of everything on the bow.

The 36% DI bonus (out of a maximum possible 50%) works out to 72 points of intensity
The 30% SSI (weighted by 1.1x) works out to be 110 points of intensity (you can see it near the top of the gump: "weighted intensity 110%")

So on the plain bow, you see 110 while on the exceptional bow you see 72+110=182

(you said 187 above, but I believe you should have been seeing 182 ... if that's not a typo and you are seeing 187 with nothing else on that bow, let me know)

(the exceptional bonus to resists for armor is *not* handled the same way which can make things confusing)
ahhhhhhhh i see! lol ive been imbuing non ex items cause of this haha! ty very much!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do note that you can Imbue DI DOWN to get most of its intensity back.

First step: Reduce DI to minimum (1 or 2 %) on the first imbue of the item.
Next steps: Add the properties you want.
Last step: Imbue Whatever DI will still fit back on, after getting as much as you can of your other properties to fit.

F

Fink

You get an extra 50% added to total intensities from exceptional, so as long as you do want DI you have "free" extra points to spend on it.

Although this does use up one weapon mod, it also means you can drop some DI from your suit and make up the difference there.

Most of the weapons I've made up have used 4 top mods that cap out at 500 anyway, so I haven't missed that 5th mod.

S

Stupid Miner

Sounds like this'd also be useful for items you make on which you temporarily drop DI to 1 to put on relic fragments properties with a higher chance of success.

Edit: Really need to start reading through the entire thread before replying :p