• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Imbuing Event Items

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, imbuing has been out for a while now and I've yet see one Event Item being imbued. What are your thoughts on this?

With so many wearable event items being given out these past 15 months, I would think somone would imbued say a diving helmet or something else by now.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We spoke about this before, when you and I were working the Catskills Fel event with the Pit Lord swords...

I likened this to, but of course an extreme version, to people using Clothing Bless deeds on Event robes/clothing... I use them on mine to bless them, but there are quite a few collectors out there that would NEVER bless their event clothing...

The ones I've spoken to personally always said they wanted to keep the event item exactly as it came.

Now, the biggest difference in imbuing one of these items is that if used it places a certain expiration date on said item....Obviously, using a clothing bless deed does nothing but change a line on the item and gives it the quality of not having to insure it.

For my money, I don't want to imbue my items because I have and never will have them in the field. They will be locked down for viewing at my museum. So there is no need to imbue them.

(I've just re-read your post Manti... your point is that we could imbue the items that were given out in 1000s, like the Diving Bell, which of course I think would be ok, but still I'd never imbue the "REAL" event items)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess they are only worth imbueing if you use them. Like the PvP rares or something or if you want a rare LRC suit. But most people just keep their rares on display or in storage :)

C

Corum11

I'd imbue a few items here or there if I had the skill. You can almost argue that it adds to the uniqueness of an item, but then again it also applies a shelf life to the item as well if used frequently.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's official... not that it was ever in question... THIS GUY ^^^^^ IS A CRAZY MAN!

C

Corum11

Does imbuing create a chance for the item to be destroyed?