• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing and Crafter skills = Bonus?

Y

Yalp

I know there was some discussion (sorry not exactly sure) on whether to make crafters (ie Legendary Smithy) have a slightly higher success rate or enhance rate when they imbue. (over of course plain imbuers= artificers)

Has this been decided?

I know there's a +1 percent chance for every +10 skill in Imbuing over 100
I know there's an inherent bonus for Garg race over the others.
I know there's a slight bonus when you use the City Soul forge
I know there's the highest bonus when you use the Queen's soul forge.

But does my Legendary Smith have to be my Artificer for the best possible imbued items, or can I put imbuing on a non-crafting mule?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you asking about enhancing or imbuing? (you seem to be mixing up information about both systems)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bonus for high imbuing you mention above is really for enhancing (Imbuing skill affects your chances all the way along)

gargoyles and special forges are a percentage of your computed chance of success (so it makes a big difference when you already have a high chance of success, very little difference when the chance of success is already close to 0)

Unless there were changes after the open beta, crafting skills do not make a difference. The chance of success is shown on the imbuing menu, so it should be fairly easy for us to explore what modifiers exist once the expansion goes live.

Y

Yalp

The bonus for high imbuing you mention above is really for enhancing (Imbuing skill affects your chances all the way along)

gargoyles and special forges are a percentage of your computed chance of success (so it makes a big difference when you already have a high chance of success, very little difference when the chance of success is already close to 0)

Unless there were changes after the open beta, crafting skills do not make a difference. The chance of success is shown on the imbuing menu, so it should be fairly easy for us to explore what modifiers exist once the expansion goes live.
yeah thats the part I am wondering about. I'm debating as to which toon to dump and restart with 50 imbuing skills. So I was hoping for a definitive answer on whether our Smithy, Tailor, Carp, Fletch or Tinker skills would make any difference on an Artificer.

Thx for the reply

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if all goes according to plan, we can find out tomorrow ... we can wait that long can't we?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my knowledge, Imbuing will receive no bonus from any other skill whatsoever. The only thing that improves Imbuing success chance is, when your character is a Gargoyle.

So, you can put Imbuing on any mule, no matter what skills he has.

I doubt that Imbuing can be selected as starting skill. Just like Necromancy or Spellweaving, you may have to learn it from 0.

Y

Yen Sid

To my knowledge, Imbuing will receive no bonus from any other skill whatsoever. The only thing that improves Imbuing success chance is, when your character is a Gargoyle.

So, you can put Imbuing on any mule, no matter what skills he has.

I doubt that Imbuing can be selected as starting skill. Just like Necromancy or Spellweaving, you may have to learn it from 0.
Since when can't you select Necromancy as a starting skill? I can on my account. In fact, I started one less than a month ago and chose Necromany, Spirit Speak, and Swordsmanship as starting skills. :thumbsup:

But I agree, I don't think Imbuing will be able to be chosen as a starting skill. But you should be able to learn it from someone up to 40 but I am not sure; I didn't do any beta testing for the new content.