• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbued my first all 70's suit

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually theres nothing special/fancy about that armour suit. It has 70's in all resists, is non medable and has no other stats on it. It contains 6-parts without jewelry, weapons and shield.
I guess I am only a bit more excited about it than anyone else. *g* But I wanted to share for mainly three reasons:
- my Imbuer is just at 73.1 imbuing
- it wasnt very expensive to create (not too many fails, no imbue above 80% intensity and only max 2 imbues per piece)
- I used (exceptional) dragon scale armour for imbuing

I used 2 black and 3 blue dragon armour parts due to my limited supply of dragon scales. I rounded that up with a dull copper plate gorget. That way phys already was at 70 and energy at 60.

The funny thing about imbuing exceptional armour pieces out of special material is, that you loose the bonus resists from the material and from exceptional + armslore if you imbue the same resist. While it is usually annoying you can negate that way the resist penalty from dragon scale material. It works really nice that way, to build a resists suit out of scales.

I only wish, dragon scale armour would be meddable by nature or at least getting the mage armour property on exceptional pieces for free like samurai plate armour does.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats! It's kind of neat, making a suit this way.

And you can add the mage armor property - it still counts as a mod even on exceptional SE pieces. I think it just takes abyssal cloth as the special resource to make it. Which you can make with cloth and crystalline blackrock, which can be dug up in ter mur.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny thing about is, that some ppl complain about the uselessness of imbuing for new players. I have to disagree with them. *g*

I just pushed my imbuer to around 82. (Had to clear some storage.) I still havent spend much gold/resources on it. For the records: 82'ish imbuing is high enough to imbue an all 70's 100%LRC set for a gargoyle (using except earrings, necklace and except barbed/horned garg leather armour).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I finished my artificer over the weekend. I too was surprised at how easy it was to make a single piece over 70 resist and with 2 mods. I just made exceptional barbed leather armor until I had two resists over 12 on the piece and then imbued the lowest 3 resists up to just before special ingredients were required and then added 2 more properties. Volia! All 70s suit with 100% LRC without any difficulty. It would be nice if I could add LMC but that takes relics. I'll get there, but this is great for now. I am really enjoying imbuing!

Congrats on your suit and good luck training it the rest of the way. It gets a little tedious above 115, but it seems worth it so far.

-OBSIDIAN-

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately my armor vendor has been selling out of these suits. I take a 6 piece exceptional barbed leather suit. I don't bother putting on PoF because I sell them as cheap starter suits. I imbue it till 70-70-70-70-75 then add 17% LRC to each piece for a total of 102 LRC. I always add physical resist first as that uses diamonds. I never go above the limit to where I need boura pelts. I add fire resist second to last and lrc as last mod. THis keeps price down to make. Then tag them as so on my vendor
100000 100% LRC Medable 70-70-70-70-75 Low Durability Starter Suit
Lately selling like hot cakes even though you'd have to repair more often because the durability somehwere around 40 per piece of armor.
See them on many mules. Guess people like the easy no mess way of suiting up.
Garg suits with earrings and necklaces even cheaper to make.

J

[JD]

Cool idea, what level skills do you think are required to do this? I assume I need to be able to make Exceptional Gargoyle leather and Human/Elf Barbed leather.

I'm at 75.x tailoring and 70.x imbuing.

I'd like to make 100 LRC starter suits for Garg and Human.

I don't see who would complain about Imbuing, its been a godsend. It's just hard to find an imbuer. And even harder to find a KNOWLEDGEABLE imbuer. I don't know what I'm doing myself and rely on imbuers I hire. And when they don't know what they are doing I've had things messed up before. :(

So I started my own imbuer, lol.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Human/Elf leather is relative easy to make. But I am not shure, which tailoring skill is needed before you can use barbed. Gargoyle leather is harder to make. I have an older crafter (leg smith, tailor, gm al and others) and I need to wear a tailoring talisman, if I dont want to cut up non-exceptional pieces afterwards. If you dont care for resists I would say 70 imbuing is enough to imbue 100% lrc onto a suit.
For bringing a suit to all 70's resists you need to be really carefull what to imbue onto which piece.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently imbued a tricorne hat and it definitely didn't lose its exceptional bonus (I tested). So either the last patch changed that, or the OP is mistaken.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I answered my own question.

He didn't mean that you lose the resists as in they go away but you have a certain amount of leeway and when you get the bump in arms lore and exceptional that closes the gap.

So lets say normally an item has 3 in its phys resist as its base property. And you craft a piece that you get 10 in phys instead. Which is bad if you need to boost physical by 15 points since it would mean you would have to use this piece and another piece. It won't add the 15 to 10 to get to 25, but if you had a piece that had low phys to start with but high other stuff then it's more easy to do this. Which is what happens with dragon scale, since I think only four mods normally get resists on them, so it's a lot easier to control which pieces have the low resists that get the boost.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Whoa! This is great. I didn't know you could imbue exceptional hats. I checked it and the max resists for exceptional hats made from cloth are:

PHYS: 15 (Base 0)
FIRE: 20 (Base 5)
COLD: 24 (Base 9)
POISON: 20 (Base 5)
ENERGY: 20 (Base 5)

This is awesome! Think about the combos you can make now between imbued barbed leather items and cloth hats.

The Arms Lore bonus can work to your favor too. I made an exceptional pair of leather legs with barbed armor where the majority of the arms lore bonus went into one resist (energy) and gave me 24 energy resist. That is without a runic sewing kit and pre-imbue. If I imbue the other four resists and LRC, I can make that one piece have 20 LRC and 90 total resists and still fit under the weighted intensity cap of 500.

I'm re-doing all of my suits now. Already did my necro-mage and now working my sampire suit. This is great fun!

If only they would let us imbue necklaces as another jewelry item you could make some truly amazing suits with skill bonuses and new templates to boot.

-OBSIDIAN-

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont loose exceptional bonus resist automatically ... you loose them for each single resist that you want to improve by imbuing.
Base resists for a hat are 24 (5+5+9+5). Exceptional + gm armslore bonus gives 20 bonus resists and bringing an except hat up to 44 resist in total.
You can now add up 5*15 to each resist by imbuing and bringing resists up to 15/20/24/20/20. Which is base resists + imbued resists.
The most interesting point is, not to imbue all 5 resists slots of one armour piece (or hat) to take advantage of the free given exceptional resists.
It also makes calculating a full 70's suit somewhat complicated. lets say you want to imbue phys resist onto an exceptional hat. For my example I take a hat which already comes with 6 phys resist from beeing exceptional. My excample suit comes already to 61 phys res total. I need 9 more to reach my 70-goal. Now it is not enough to simply imbue 9 phys resist onto my hat, course that mean, I am loosing the 6 bonus that are already there. (Naturally hats are coming without phys resist.) To add 9 more resists into my suit, I need to imbue full 15% onto my hat to reach the 70. That way I am actually loosing the bonus for phys resist on this hat. (Remember bonus resists are fully free: no additionally costs for them and no intensity costs/penaltys for them when you imbue an except armour part.)
Same rule applies to bonus resists from using special material, if you work with items made from special material. (If you enhance something after your imbuing process, than you are getting the material bonus additionally ... but for the risk of breaking the item during enhancing. That can add up really fast, course pof the better/more expensive imbue up to 255/255 before you start the imbuing process.)

Dragonscales always comes with a +10 bonus to one resist and a penalty of -3 to another. (With exception of golden scales, I ll leave them out for this example. Esspecially since those are only giving 20 Luck as special bonus.) Red scales for example are coming with +10 fire/-3 cold as bonus resists. Base resists of a dragon scale armour part are 3/3/3/3/3. Those are fully theoretical, course you cannot craft dragon scale armour without scales. So they have always bonus from 1 kind of scales added. One piece of red scales ends as 3/13/0/3/3. Now imagin what happens, when you imbue 10 cold resists to that piece. You end up with 3/13/13/3/3. The imbue takes the base cold resists of that piece before the negative bonus from the scales is calculated into. Actually that negative bonus is ignored by imbuing. (Usually it is an unwanted effect of imbuing ... overwriting material bonus instead of adding to it but in case of dragon scales it works in a positive way.)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you imbue the poison resist up to 20?
Yes, I imbued Poison and Physical Resist to maximum. The other values did not drop.

[Edit:] I usually craft 30 or more hats until I get one where those resists that I want to imbue are rather low. For example, the hat in the screenshot had originally 2 Physical Resist and 8 Poison Resist (if I remember correctly). As imbuing resists always replaces the original value, the lower the original value, the less you will lose in total resist points.

I didn't know that the armslore bonus always goes to Physical Resists when crafting cloth hats, thanks for that information! It doesn't matter much though, if you follow above rule.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't know that the armslore bonus always goes to Physical Resists when crafting cloth hats, thanks for that information! It doesn't matter much though, if you follow above rule.
Exceptional + armslore bonus are randomly distributed. I only had to pick one value for a numerical example. With 20 free resist points every resists gets bumped up for 4 points in average.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.....bringing resists up to 15/20/24/20/20. .....

Just a FYI - this doesn`t apply to all hats. The skullcap, bandana and flower garland has a base resist of 3 5 8 8, which makes max resist 15 18 20 23 23. It`s nice to be able to shift the focus on resist around a bit by just changing hat type.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently imbued a tricorne hat and it definitely didn't lose its exceptional bonus (I tested). So either the last patch changed that, or the OP is mistaken.

NIce hat man. I love cloth hats. I always opt for cloth hats when I can. My fav is the skullcap.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NIce hat man. I love cloth hats. I always opt for cloth hats when I can. My fav is the skullcap.
Actually, the imbuing skill solved a lot of our pirate problems, as pirate headdresses are guild rule. I never used helmets during my past 7 years of gameplay.