• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm Curious

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
C

Connor_Graham

Why is it that ZKV and HoFD both feel the need to jump on the Oaks spawn anytime anyone shows up to farm bones off the Shadow Wisps, work it up to the 2nd level of Wisps and Ki Rins, then leave? What possible purpose are they serving in doing this?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do they herd ki rin? I'm not in either guild, but that's why I work the spawn up to that level.

C

Connor_Graham

No, they just work it up to level 2, kill off whatever Shadow Wisps are left that I hadn't killed yet, then leave. It's an every day thing too, not just once in a while, so I know it's not coincidence. I farm bones there every day, and without fail someone shows up within 10 minutes or so after I start. I'm at a loss as to what they're gaining from this.

L

Luna Rossa

Well I apologize if I ever have done that as only lately since I have been back have I gone to do Shadow Wisps but just to try for those pink ticket things. I leave the bodies so if we are both on at the same time, I would happily party up with you so you can harvest bones.

FYI My main character is Luna Rossa so shout at me if that happens ok?

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I apologize if I ever have done that as only lately since I have been back have I gone to do Shadow Wisps but just to try for those pink ticket things. I leave the bodies so if we are both on at the same time, I would happily party up with you so you can harvest bones.

Aha! I think that might answer the question. It's for harvesting pink scrolls! :)

M

mutau

Ah, thats why the market is so saturated. Soon the prices will be falling just like white scrolls.

C

Connor_Graham

I know your character and it hasn't been you out there any of the times. I'll definitely keep this in mind though.

C

Connor_Graham

Aha! I think that might answer the question. It's for harvesting pink scrolls! :)
If this was the case, you'd think they'd stick around. They also wouldn't wait until someone showed up at the spawn, but would be working it constantly. For example, I watched the spawn for the better part of the day yesterday, with various needs taking me by the Oaks spawn quite often. With every trip I made past there the spawn was sitting at the point of between levels 1 and 2, which it had been at since server up. It wasn't until I went out there in the early afternoon that anyone actually showed up. This is an almost daily occurrence, so there's got to be something more to it. I just can't figure out what it is.

C

Connor_Graham

maybe they don't like you conner.... :p
Nah, I have a buddy that farms bones also that has run into the same situation when he's out there. I'm sure there are some ZKV and/or HoFD members that might not like me and my outspoken ways (lol), but I don't even know the people that have been showing up out there outside of just seeing them around in game. I've never really interacted with anyone from either of the guilds.

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that shadow wisps are one-hit kills and very easy to farm but tsuki wolves have a higher bone drop rate and also carry ~1000 gold. I found them to be much more productive than the wisps.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would think skeletons would have the best bone drop rate, but I guess that just makes too much sense. :p

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a thought,

Maybe they see someone working the spawn and are hoping for an opportunity to kill that particular champ. Then the tougher level hits and you probably bail, leaving them to die a horrible newbie death?

You could always try asking them?

C

Connor_Graham

Just a thought,

Maybe they see someone working the spawn and are hoping for an opportunity to kill that particular champ. Then the tougher level hits and you probably bail, leaving them to die a horrible newbie death?
I don't leave. I just stick around killing whatever shadow wisps are left, then wait for them to leave. It's only a few minutes for the wisps to respawn.

You could always try asking them?
I have. No one has answered me yet, and I really am curious as to what they think they're accomplishing.

N

Noobish Noob

I am quite certain it is farming pinkies. That level is by far the easiest to get to without deaths. Go there with toons that don't have negative karma and swing away. Of course, it could also be part "D" of their diabolical plan to rule all of the shard. Who is to say what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

C

Connor_Graham

I am quite certain it is farming pinkies.
If that's the case, then why do they only show up after someone else has come in and started working the spawn? They come in with GD's, so the 2nd level wouldn't be much different to them than the first is, yet they don't stick around. I'd thought this myself, but there have been too many times that the spawn has been left untouched all day, yet as soon as someone goes out there and starts working it, the cavalry shows up.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's probably to farm pink scrolls and gain in valor, but that's just a guess. They're also gathering points up from the spawn to get awards. I really don't think anyway ever works on that spawn anyway because it'll just give negative karma.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They only kill the shadow wisps because they do not lower your karma and will not get them killed by pixies.

C

Connor_Graham

It's probably to farm pink scrolls and gain in valor, but that's just a guess. They're also gathering points up from the spawn to get awards. I really don't think anyway ever works on that spawn anyway because it'll just give negative karma.
I understand that, but the question is why do they only do it when someone else goes out there, then leave once it hits level 2?

I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those questions like "how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?". (I actually know the answer to this. Yeah, I was really bored one day when I was around 8 yrs old...)

A

Aspa / Caz Zhule Ti

Why is it that ZKV and HoFD both feel the need to jump on the Oaks spawn anytime anyone shows up to farm bones off the Shadow Wisps, work it up to the 2nd level of Wisps and Ki Rins, then leave? What possible purpose are they serving in doing this?
I am the guild leader of HoFD and also frequent Lord Oaks. There are several reasons for hunting there and not finishing spawn. First it is a great place to train unbonded pets. Shadow Wisps, Wisps, and Centaurs are the only creatures at the spawn that do not cause karma loss and if your karma goes negative, the pixies will attack. 2nd level wisps have about 450 gold each so 100 wisps = 45K Gold, the Centaurs have gold and ~85 arrows, and the paragon versions have more gold and a chance of minor artifact drop.

Sometimes I go and start spawn and can solo upto 7 or so candles. I also invite other members to come. Sometimes they come and enough come to finish the spawn. Othertimes not enough come or some have to leave and the spawn does not get finished. Scrolls seem to drop more during level 1 and 2 and during switch from level 1 to level 2 spawns.

I do spend much more time at the Tokuno champ spawn and will sometimes check Lord Oaks after Tokuno spawn is finished. Aspa and Caz Zhule Ti are my two tamers. If you see me there and you want to party so you can get the bones, that would be fine with me.

When in doubt, ask people what they are up to. You will find out soon enough from the way the person responds if the person is a jerk, a helper, or just indifferent. HoFD is an honorable guild and we try to help if we can.

Not sure what other people are doing but I do tell people that Lord Oaks is a good place to train. Some people find wisps too hard for the skills and levels they have and leave because of that after level 2 starts and the Shadow Wisps are gone.

C

Connor_Graham

Thank you for the offer. I'll take you up on that next time I see you out there. I'd tried asking ZKV members several times, but it's normally the same 2 or 3 people that show up, and none of them ever answer. I did ask one of the HoFD members also, but either they didn't see me trying to talk to them or they didn't feel like answering. I think ZKV's answer might be different from yours, but I guess we'll see.

One thing to keep in mind that you might want to pass on to your guild members is that once the shadow wisp spawn is gone, if they give it about 5 minutes, they will respawn as long as the 2nd level isn't worked. That's how I get several thousand bones in a hunting session. I just wait a few minutes for the altar to drop a skull level.

A

Aspa / Caz Zhule Ti

Welcome to Stratics Caz.
Thanks. I hope I can add something useful from time to time. There is so much information on Stratics that I have used since I started playing in December of 2005 and I want to express my thanks to all those contributers.

C

Connor_Graham

So I finally get one of the ZKV guys to talk to me. Here's the conversation:

Connor: Why is it you guys show up anytime someone else comes out here?

ZKV: I like it here.

Connor: But why is it you guys only show up when someone is out here?

ZKV: We are the biggest guild.

Connor: But why is it you guys only show up when someone is out here?

ZKV: I. Like. It. Here.

So, can anyone draw any conclusions from this? I have my own theory, and if it's the case, it's pathetic, but of course it's just a guess at this point.

D

Duke X. Winter

I've stayed out of this until now. But could you please send me a couple of names of these people? I'll ask around since I'm one of the former council in ZKV and see what I can find out.

C

Connor_Graham

Sure. I can only remember part of one of the names, but I'll be out there again today farming for bones and I'm sure they'll show up.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Oaks champ spawn (and all others for that matter) are public for all. I doubt anyone is just going around working up Oaks just so you specifically can't get bones.. I do the same thing as far as farming bones goes.. and if some people with drags show up, and start killing the spawn, I help n stay till Oaks falls.

Replicas will fetch you more $$ than bones as well.. so will pinkies..

C

Connor_Graham

The Oaks champ spawn (and all others for that matter) are public for all.
I never said it wasn't. I was merely curious as to the odd behavior exhibited by some.

I doubt anyone is just going around working up Oaks just so you specifically can't get bones..
I never said they were.

I do the same thing as far as farming bones goes.. and if some people with drags show up, and start killing the spawn, I help n stay till Oaks falls.
I'd stay too if they actually stuck around to finish it. They aren't, which is what prompted this thread.

Replicas will fetch you more $$ than bones as well.. so will pinkies..
Yeah, but you actually have to have one drop to get anything from it. Bones & SoT's are more reliable. Not that I don't work champs too, but I'm not going to bank on a drop that I still haven't received. I've made a lot more from bones & SoT sales than from the nonexistent replicas.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never said they were.
"work it up to the 2nd level of Wisps and Ki Rins, then leave?"

I'd stay too if they actually stuck around to finish it. They aren't, which is what prompted this thread.
dunno man, all the times Ive gone so far it gets finished.. however long it takes..

Yeah, but you actually have to have one drop to get anything from it. Bones & SoT's are more reliable. Not that I don't work champs too, but I'm not going to bank on a drop that I still haven't received. I've made a lot more from bones & SoT sales than from the nonexistent replicas.
I loot the kills too.. bones from shadow wisps.. arrows from the centauri.. gold in currency.. pinkies.. and a nice oak leaf replica =). Gotta have variety.

C

Connor_Graham

"work it up to the 2nd level of Wisps and Ki Rins, then leave?"
It's already been established that I'm merely curious as to what they're doing, not that I have any problem with anyone coming to a public spawn.

dunno man, all the times Ive gone so far it gets finished.. however long it takes..
That's good for you, but isn't the case 99% of the time with me.

I loot the kills too.. bones from shadow wisps.. arrows from the centauri.. gold in currency.. pinkies.. and a nice oak leaf replica =). Gotta have variety.
Again, that's good for you.

*shrug*