• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] I'm confused ! I'm I not doing this right ?

O

olduofan

ok so I went from 50 to 71.5 fishing on dot island and then it slowed down after reading threads here on what to do at 70 fishing i went to yew ran west launched my boat sailed west and found sever line crossed it came back over it stated sail slow forward north NO gains the only time i get a gain is on the way out to the sever line what i,m i doing wrong ?

L

Lord Drakelord

ok so I went from 50 to 71.5 fishing on dot island and then it slowed down after reading threads here on what to do at 70 fishing i went to yew ran west launched my boat sailed west and found sever line crossed it came back over it stated sail slow forward north NO gains the only time i get a gain is on the way out to the sever line what i,m i doing wrong ?
nothing I can see, except give it time, gains are not going to pour from a bucket, more like drips from a slow leak. Good luck with your training.

O

Orn Autumnleaf

Patience is key! Fish for an hour or two a day. Sometimes you'll gain many, sometimes you'll gain none but be thankful you don't have to gain to legendary. :)

K

King Durango

I'm so glad I GMed fishing when 8x8 was active. It worked so well!

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I don`t know if its true or not but I understood there was varying depths the further you get from the server line. If your 70ish try to go out from the line maybe 5 or 6 tiles.I think your in deep water after 11 or 12. I mean you can be on a boat right on the line at 0 skill and gain. At 70ish being right on the line would strike me as the same as standing on shore casting 3 feet out.I moved away from the line but staying within the shallow water mark until 80. Worked great for me.