• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Im Annoyed that my Quiver of Rage....

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand it needed to be redone or what ever, but did you guys have to change it back to the original color. Now I have to burn another Tok Dye charge to make it match my suit. ..

gah. That green color it is, is gross.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checked my archer. The color got reset. This really stinks. The going rate for pigments on my shard is about 6 million, so that's 120k per charge. While I can afford it, it still bothers me:

"Dear player, because of some cheaters, we are going to make your item less useful and take 120k from you. "

I went on test center to test the new vet rewards, and because of the anti-cheater placement tool code, it took me longer to place a house. I'm so freaking glad I don't have to do that on a real shard where there is a lot less space. I'm so sick of being punished because of cheaters (assuming of course this change is because of cheaters).

T

Thrand Graywolf

That's ridiculous.

I'm beginning to wonder if they have anyone left up there that knows how a computer works...

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if the same thing happened when pre-patch Taskmasters or Talon Bites were switched? My old Talon Bite wasn't dyed when it switched over.

J

jelinidas

Im scared to look, but, I will be pissed. I have no more charges of that color left. Perhaps I'll page a GM and wait for my canned response. :coco:

G

GL_Seller

Ya this is a complete joke. I made a post about this same thing earlier today and no response to either of these threads. I have the gold to dye my quivers back thats not the point. The point is they screwed something up yet again. I have 2 quivers dyed that now are back to the normal spawn color.

Any devs want to comment on this crap or anything going to be done about it?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
dude i had like twelve quivers all died. Each archer wore one, and had two in there pack..one full of arrows on full of bolts. ALL were dyed.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this shows the advantage of having test center be a mirror of an actual shard so these bugs are testable. I didn't think to dye a quiver of rage on test center prior to the patch. When test is a copy of LS, I generally check anything that is going to be affected by the patch.

Sorry Omnicron that you lost that much. Ouch. If it makes you feel any better, you'll probably get more use out of other quivers after this patch. Maybe it is time to retire those quivers to the secure of shame.

J

jelinidas

Yup, they are green again. I only had two dyed, but still sucks.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

Don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I dyed my Quiver of Rage another color last night and then logged-out. When I logged back in it was the ORIG color again!!!!

Did this happen to anyone else? I don't want to keep wasting charges if it will revert back...

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've got to be kidding me, please tell me this thread was a joke.

J

jelinidas

Great. Now im pissed that the color got changed AND scared to re dye it.

um Devs...care to comment?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quiver of rage sucks I use nothing but infinity on my chars. Still I would have been pissed off if I logged in and one of my quivers was undyed because they felt they needed to "fix" it.

J

Jeremy

We're looking into it now - the initial color change was probably unavoidable, due to the way the game handles item data, but I don't think it should be reverting every day or anything.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quiver of rage sucks I use nothing but infinity on my chars. Still I would have been pissed off if I logged in and one of my quivers was undyed because they felt they needed to "fix" it.
I think the old mods on the Quiver were pretty good. Assuming something didn't have crazy cold resist, the 10% direct damage usually gave a slight damange increase over Infinity. The new mods are pretty poor since unless the creature has 3-4 resists that are lower than one, I'd rather use Infinity. Also, archer paladins can just use Infinity + Consecrate Weapon.

C

ChessyGoddess

We arent allowed to have dyed quivers anymore? Whos bright idea was that?

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We arent allowed to have dyed quivers anymore? Whos bright idea was that?
It sounds more like all quivers were replaced with new ones, but they didn't bother to make sure the new quivers kept the color of the old.

I wouldn't mind seeing a link to something with more information on why this was done.

Edit: Ah, here we go. From the Pub 55 notes:

Quiver of Rage damage mods were changed. It now adds 20% of each damage type (Physical, Energy, Poison, Cold, and Fire.) The Direct Damage bonus was removed.
So to do this, they must've replaced all items.

Edit again: Previously, the damage mods were -

Damage Modifier 10%
10% Direct Damage
40% Physical Damage
50% Cold Damage

Though apparently the direct damage bit was hidden.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I did some testing with my freshly new dyed quiver. It did revert to its og color after I redyed it.

Then I decided to see what the new one was like in the field. Its WORTHLESS now. Case in point. I was "dueling"(if thats what you can call two archers fighting each other)..and I was hitting him for 33-38 damage. I put the quiver on and then hit him for 22-24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried this a few times, same results.

So I took my quivers off and put my QoI for the DCI and said screw it.

D

drfunk

the devs said it would fix itself in a FOF. they said wait til pub 56... so wait....

check the latest fof.