Im a bit worried (warning this post may contain the 'd' word)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ok i just want someone to put an arm around me and say 'its ok there is nothing to worry about'
the first signs of the last major round of duping was the appearance of coloured shrouds, tal'keesh and oak leaf at wbb.
since they clamped down on it ive not seen one at the bank.
today i have seen 3 tal'keesh robes.
this post is in no way meant as a negative to the people wearing them. im just a bit worried.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
<font color="purple">saw all three at the same time? how many are there, any way.... and what shard? </font>

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 23, 2007
Netherlands
That is 1 person exchanging Shrouds between chars.

I know 2 people on EU that own one. So it could be that you spotted 1 or 2, just being exchanged.

G

Seems one shroud on 3 chars from same person
*sighs with relief* sorry guys

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2005
yea thats some ninja skill or sumthin isnt it? makes multi chars of ur self to confuse enemy or sumthin, cant remember exactly

G

Definately a conservative number.
I'm willing to bet there's at least one chest filled with them, and another filled with something else and so on.
Just because they didn't "sell them" all at once doesn't mean they don't have them to "sell".
When Wilki went though and deleted the first time back then he said there were chests of stuff that got deleted... and that's only the stuff he/the devs actually found!

G

mhh it's a sad thing
such rumours are dropping the value of certain event items not actually the amount of possibly duped items.

However...people are a little bit too suspicious about event items nowdays, me thinks.

G

well the purpose of my post was not to reduce the price of the shrouds and i have already posted that i have a perfectly logical explanation for the sightings.

S

Sorcon Gartius

The original "Duped" shrouds were the ones you saw that were multiple colors and said "hooded shroud of shadows". Those were the Changeling Dupes that ended up responsible for the Glacial Items (Pickaxe, Spellbook, Bandana etc). When they did the delete of those colored shrouds, turning them all to Monk Robes, the actual named "Shroud of Tal'Keesh" etc were not affected.

The pure dupe on the shroud undoubtedly happened, and could still be happening for all we know. Vine Cords, Lt Guard Sashes, etc... They were all affected by this and could STILL be getting affected by this.

All I know is that I do own a Shroud of Tal'Keesh and I wouldn't take anything for it, regardless of how many are out there

B

BlackBetty

I feel that I may have possibly sparked this by wearing a friend's Tal'Keesh robe at wbb. It is an original and I know that as was stated here by someone else, the duped ones said "shroud" and were turned into monk's robes.

I do NOT approve of duped items and truly believe that dupers helped to ruin this game that I used to love so dearly. If there were any chance that it was a duped item, I would go nowhere near it. Of course, the fact that you probably don't know me personally would warrant the concern with this matter and I would feel the same way.

I hope this helps out in some way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I feel that I may have possibly sparked this by wearing a friend's Tal'Keesh robe at wbb. It is an original and I know that as was stated here by someone else, the duped ones said "shroud" and were turned into monk's robes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an original? lol. The only way it could be an original is if you won it yourself at the Napa event years ago and never let go of it.

And only appearance duped ones turned into monk robes, all of the true duped shrouds still exist and are in great number, mostly on inactive duper's accounts.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2005
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an original? lol. The only way it could be an original is if you won it yourself at the Napa event years ago and never let go of it.

And only appearance duped ones turned into monk robes, all of the true duped shrouds still exist and are in great number, mostly on inactive duper's accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and i wonder how you know that??? =/

but No, that ISNT the only way it could be an original, could have just as easily bought it from someone who did win it from the event then resold or something, i sold a handful of those before duping even started, sold tal'keesh and oak leaf to victoria secret on LS, Rouge on Oceania, and a cpl other ppl way before duping =/

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and i wonder how you know that??? =/

but No, that ISNT the only way it could be an original, could have just as easily bought it from someone who did win it from the event then resold or something, i sold a handful of those before duping even started, sold tal'keesh and oak leaf to victoria secret on LS, Rouge on Oceania, and a cpl other ppl way before duping =/

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that is the only way it could be an original. Even if you let your friend borrow it for one day, the only way you would know for sure yours was an original was if you held onto it yourself if you won it at the event!!

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2005
No its not....these were bought and sold long before duping bud....lots of ppl still have originals that didn't get them at the event and i can 100% guarantee that because i personally sold it to them....and no offense, but umm I'm FAIRLY sure ppl are guna take my word over Yours any day

I have this really bad habit and tendency to do things a certain way that for some reason alot of ppl have a hard time understanding and or doing.....

It's called Knowing WTF ur talking about, and telling the truth....

I dunno maybe im just weird lol :p

I

imported_Cysphruo

<blockquote><hr>

No its not....these were bought and sold long before duping bud....lots of ppl still have originals that didn't get them at the event and i can 100% guarantee that because i personally sold it to them....and no offense, but umm I'm FAIRLY sure ppl are guna take my word over Yours any day

I have this really bad habit and tendency to do things a certain way that for some reason alot of ppl have a hard time understanding and or doing.....

[/ QUOTE ]

you hit the nail on the head when you called yourself weird. you said you know wtf your talking about and that duping wasnt around when these shrouds came out... thats hilarious! duping has been around since the game began, get your "facts" straight.

B

BlackBetty

It IS an original and it was only BORROWED. Good Lord.

At one point a couple years ago, someone allowed me to borrow a sandstone table to use to place auction items on. I suppose because it was borrowed that it means it was also duped?

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2005
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

you hit the nail on the head when you called yourself weird. you said you know wtf your talking about and that duping wasnt around when these shrouds came out... thats hilarious! duping has been around since the game began, get your "facts" straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long before "This Round" of duping, sorry i have to spell everything out for you....there wasnt a duping method out when these shrouds came out, this past duping method came about long after these shrouds were given out, Yes there have been plenty of duping methods in the past but those had all been fixed prior to these shrouds and the new one only arose afterwards...

so trust me Bud, my facts are most definitely Straight as can be....you'd think you'd know better than to argue with me by now Lol :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Dupes have existed in many quantities and time periods of the years. If you honestly believe these were not duped, then it's you who don't know what you're talking about. Just because you have a high post count here doesn't necessarily mean you know a lot :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

It IS an original and it was only BORROWED. Good Lord.

At one point a couple years ago, someone allowed me to borrow a sandstone table to use to place auction items on. I suppose because it was borrowed that it means it was also duped?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it was duped, I'm saying keeping it yourself if you won it from the event is the only sure-fire way of knowing it wasn't.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2005
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Dupes have existed in many quantities and time periods of the years. If you honestly believe these were not duped, then it's you who don't know what you're talking about. Just because you have a high post count here doesn't necessarily mean you know a lot :p

[/ QUOTE ]

umm ok, yea that made no sense at all....i never once said these werent duped, we all know they were, im just saying that i had bought and sold them BEFORE they WERE duped so "having won it from the event ur self" ISNT the only sure fire way of knowing it wasnt duped....

G

At this point in time, unless you personally recieved yours from the event or from someone before duping began there would be no way to ascertain whether it is an original or not.

More importantly its impossible to tell the difference now and doesn't particuarly matter since anyone could lie and say they recieved theirs during the event and have owned it since.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2005
<blockquote><hr>

OR from someone before duping began

[/ QUOTE ]

My point Exactly....

G

<blockquote><hr>

At this point in time, unless you personally recieved yours from the event or from someone before duping began there would be no way to ascertain whether it is an original or not.

More importantly its impossible to tell the difference now and doesn't particuarly matter since anyone could lie and say they recieved theirs during the event and have owned it since.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was saying

S

StarlaUO

I am very impressed with Trey for remembering the sale of the oak leaf shroud to me, considering the amount of things he had sold. I still own the shroud all these years. A big thank you to Trey again, its one of the items I treasure.

I

imported_Cysphruo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Long before "This Round" of duping, sorry i have to spell everything out for you....there wasnt a duping method out when these shrouds came out, this past duping method came about long after these shrouds were given out, Yes there have been plenty of duping methods in the past but those had all been fixed prior to these shrouds and the new one only arose afterwards...

so trust me Bud, my facts are most definitely Straight as can be....you'd think you'd know better than to argue with me by now Lol :p

[/ QUOTE ]

who is arguing with who? im just pointing out the funny stuff you say

anyone who has played long enough knows that nothing has ever been fixed in uo, duping has been around since uo began and stating that certain items were not duped because there was no duping then is just a joke.

C

Cazzador

Dupe dupe thata dupe dupe double your dupe for dupe and dupe.

There you have it! Does that clear everything now?

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2005
Your just pointing out the funny stuff I say eh?

<blockquote><hr>

nothing has ever been fixed in uo

[/ QUOTE ]

when those shrouds first came out there was no duping method abroad thus meaning they were not duped untill a later time frame.

and Changeling Duping method was fix now wasnt it? Changeling duped robes were fixed werent they? server births were fixed from being unlocked werent they?....the list goes on and on bud...

almost every single exploit / hack / dupe / glitch in this game has been fixed at one point or another, there isnt a single one of the above stated that was around at the beginning thats still around today.

and to state otherwise is just ignorant. So I have to completely disagree with your reasoning, it seems as if your not bringing any facts to the table here so to speak but rather just simply ranting and flaming me for some odd reason.

and your very welcome Starla I hope you keep that hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.