• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Ilshenar Gypsy camps

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'm not able to find an info (nearest moongate and coordinatates) about random Gypsy camps. Could anyone help me?

p.s. I want to bribe my plaitmail LBODs to valorite 20 exceptional.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Thank you.

I have already read this page. But there are no info about nearest moongates. And when I click to coordinates links I can't recognize which part of the map is displayed.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You must not get to Ilshenar much, if you don't recognize most of the locations.

Starting in the SE, and going clockwise:

1. North from Spirituality Moongate, just past the vacant Inn, between the Oaks spawn and the entrance to the Spider Caves, just below the last piece of the road before it hits the forest. Only dangerous if you're negative karma.
2. Between Spirituality and Sacrifice Moongates, long road, north of the creepy grandpa that lives alone on a farm with a sheep, waiting for his "granddaughter" lissbet. Safe.
3. Sacrifice Moongate, just NW of Meer town, on road from Meer to healer grove, north side of the road by the big rock. Only dangerous if you are negative karma and go too close to the Meer (you should be able to walk up between them and the rats without running into anything tougher than a dire wolf).
4. Justice Moongate, head NW to the docks - this camp is surrounded by as many as 8 water elementals (best be carrying a slayer). EXTREMELY hazardous.
5. Honesty Moongate, North, then east across the north bridge (south bridge goes to ettins, cyclops & titans). Camp is to due south of the entrance to the city of Mistas, just off to the SE of the bridge. Has occasional Juka and dragoon spawn issues.
6. Honesty Moongate, head North on road, till it splits into the two roads that run up towards Honor and the Humility champ spawn. take the right hand (east-side) road. There is a clearing about half-way up, that is located on a small path going into the jungle between the roads. As with #5, plenty of local juka and imps, and occasionally a golem.
7. Honor Moongate: Large clearing between Ratman ruins and the Humility Champ spawn, where the road dead-ends (instead of continuing south to the road from #6). if you stay on the road, you shouldn't see anything more dangerous than a gazer or gargoyle (with your luck, paragon).
(7.5)There were two camps near valor, and 1 south of Humility, but they stopped spawning with the release of Mondain's Legacy, near as we can tell.
8. Compassion Moongate: North of the gate, at the entrance to the passage through the mountain between Valor & Compassion regions. Ratmen, Elf brigands, and occasional wyverns and imps.
9. Compassion Moongate: FAR NE of the gate, on a flat spot next to a rock next to the Daemon spawn that's north of the AW lair. (west side of spawn). Is about equidistant from the Chaos gate, but only a lunatic would try to get there by running through the succubi and dragons of Montor. This site has the same dangers as #8, plus Daemons, Harpies and Hell Hounds.
10. Compassion Moongate: due east from the Moongate, near the shore above the bridge to the Undead fort and Desert. IF you run into the skeletons (or the ice), you're too far south. There's almost always a random orc camp with an ettin in the area.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note: Theoretically, you could run the whole route 1-10 (but running through that undead and elemental place in the mountains would be foolhardy, let alone the lich lords at the ford by Gwenno's memorial), or better yet, 8-10, then south through the mountain passages to 1, then do 2-7 (And avoid the two big danger spots), but it's quicker to do them in 3 trips, grouped 1-3 (safest, start at Spirit, run to #1, then follow the road for 2 & 3), 8-10 (Compassion, less safe, all cross-country), and 5-7 (hazardous, but mostly following roads with some backtracking - probably easier going 7-6-5 starting from Honor than 5-6-7 from Honesty), and only going to #4 if you're desperate and can 1-shot water eles (my fisher with her water slayer scrappers can occasionally 1-shot paragons, or kill 7 normals at once, with chain lightning, if I send her on a resource trip)