• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you were to make a brand new game you would add.....

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....what? If you were handed a ton of cash were told "Make an MMORPG!" where would you start? What type game would it be?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um...I'd make UO have the same graphics as EQ2. In other words..."Wouldn't it be cool if UO had EQ2 graphics"?

I love UO. But its graphics do place it in the "dinosaur" catagory. hehe.

How about you?

L

Lord Franklin

Sort of what Bob said... I'd keep this game, but I'd hire back the Seers and Elders and Counselors from many years ago. The EMs were fantastic on some other shards. I'd hire a bunch of vets and people who are deep into UO to run events for people, give them limited spawning points and powers, and see what they come up with. In-game weddings, mini-dungeon crawls, quests, contests, rewards?? Counselors could pop in and answer questions and maybe chat for a few minutes... *sigh*

It is GREAT that we have people like Anne and Jerimiah who run a lot of public events. Vallend worked his heart out on Grog Fest. Imagine if these people and the other creative folks on the shard could write their own events, get them approved, and act them out! Their motivation (besides making people feel immersed in a great fantasy setting)? A paycheck!! Wow!

Great topic!

Peaceful Journeys,
Lord Franklin

L

Lugh Simaldinach

Wagons! We have all these wonderful roads and no wagons. We should have wagons so players with tinkers and other crafters could travel around the land pedling their wares. Wouldn't it be great to logon your alchemist, load up the wagon and go put on a medicine show?

And NPC's that are at least as smart as the ones in UO used to be. There was a time when you could ask an NPC where to find a bank or inn, or for the time and get an answer. Many of the shopkeepers could even carry on a simple conversation. Remember what used to happen if you insulted an orc?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Um...I'd make UO have the same graphics as EQ2. In other words..."Wouldn't it be cool if UO had EQ2 graphics"?

I love UO. But its graphics do place it in the "dinosaur" catagory. hehe.

How about you?

[/ QUOTE ] As I have said before,my heart is in crafting. When I try out a new game my question always is "How is the crafting?" Personally I would like to see player made ales introduced into the game(see my post in ideas den),but I know thats not going to happen. Another idea I have is that I would like to see,instead of player "housing",it would be player "acrage". I could purchase land from the royals in Brit City and become a "duke" over a plot of land(for farming or ranching)....not just a box-shape house.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your post Hunter's Moon. I don't mean to mention other MMORPG's but just to compare an idea...I'm sure most everyone has gone through the experience, at least once, of finally deciding to place their own house. And of course...NO OPEN PLOTS! Grrrrr, I hate that. Now, in EQ2 (and maybe other MMORPG's, I dunno) there is a building and you go in and there can be hundreds of people in that building. I think it would be cool if UO did something like that. Now don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of players playing "Real Estate Agent" but...What would be wrong with like the capitol of Sosaria renting out rooms that could be decorated by creating individual instances (similar to UO). It could appear like and INN, but if you would click on the Inn-keeper you could select to visit (create an instance) a buddys room, or your own room. That way at least everyone could have a little corner in the world. And by it being an instance it shouldn't bog down the server. And so-as not to cut out the "Real Estate Agents" of UO these wouldn't be as desirable as a normal home, because you can't really decorate the outside of the room. The "room" would only exist from the inside.

I dunno, maybe I was rambling. Sorry bout' that.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I bother with a clone of UO and make a few changes. I'd rather create a carbon(ite) copy of Star Wars Galaxies back before they ruined it by making it idiot proof, and it was actually a big accomplishment if you were able to become a jedi.

L

LadyCalina

I play Shadowfire in SWG
I love the look and *wish* UO could do the same thing. SOE and EA should talk

G

1]Dragons that are, Dragons. Not the farce they are now.
2]Np fel, no tram. Instead a PvP switch.
3]No item insurance. Pet bonding would remain, but changed. For example if you allow your pet to die to many times in a short period of time. It turns on you and kills you and goes wild.
4]Get rid of game created enhanced items. Instead any enhancing is done by the crafters.

G

<blockquote><hr>

....what? If you were handed a ton of cash were told "Make an MMORPG!" where would you start? What type game would it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked on a Forums for Game Design at one point, unfourtinatly I suck at marketing *sheepish grin*

Personally I think there's a number of different ways you could go, it just depends on your intended market. Roleplaying, PvP, Fast Action/Combat Oriented 'etc.

~Rai

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Dragons that are, Dragons. Not the farce they are now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. No one...and I mean absolutely no one,no matter the the skill should EVER be able to solo a dragon. Heck...a team of 5 should have their hands full with a drake. Dragons should take up half the screen and each hit you take from one of those bad boys should bleed,poison(lvl 6 poison),and stun you and knock you off yer mount,plus the base damage it does(80-100hp vs a 70's suit)

Another thought on pets. Pets should be bred by tamers to be powerful. I know this would turn the taming profession up-side-down but think about it. You find a large egg in a dragons lair,and if you are lucky enough to escape the lair alive,you could hatch the egg and see what type beast is inside. You would cross-breed the new found pet with another(same as what we now have with plants). So if you want a powerful drake(yes I said drake) you would breed one with a beast that has high poisoning ability or one that has high hp or whatever ability you could find on a compatable beast.

Example: Beast #1: High HP and DEX but low STR and mana
Beast #2: Low HP and DEX but high STR Mana,and INT that's off the charts.

Breed them for a beast that is off the charts in ability. That way a pet is "earned" not just stumbled upon while hunting.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hunter's Moon that is actually a really cool idea. I never thought of doing dragon breeding somewhat similar to plants. The egg idea is a really cool thought.

Only problem...um...do you think that EA would allow the graphic of two animals um...well, mating?
hehe.

One thing I wish that EA would do, and you have to admit it is a long time coming. When on a horse (at least a horse) then you really should be using a saddle. I mean, there is even a decorative saddle in the game you can place in your home. In all honesty, my but hurts from all that riding with no saddle...

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Only problem...um...do you think that EA would allow the graphic of two animals um...well, mating? hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh no we would just *assume* they did and have an egg a week later like the plant system.