• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you are 105 magery and use +15 is it the same as bein 120 without jewlry?

Tye

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Do you get the same effects with jewlry to raise magery as if you didn't need jewlry for skills?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My primary spell casting character has 100 real magery and then utilizes the Crystalline ring for the last 20 points. I've never had an issue with this or noticed any differences from my other toons that have 120 real magery.

Only caution here is that if you're getting those 15 points from an antique jewel and you intend to play this character frequently, be prepared to have to make frequent trips to the tinker to repair the jewel. Might also be a good idea to always be on the look out for a replacement jewel just in case you're ever in battle and that pieces durability is low and you want to be able to switch it out without losing any skill points and without having to leave the battle.

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just an idea, don't know what it is worth.
instead of leaving the battle to visit the tinker to repair your jewel, carry a tinkering repair deed with you.
Henzy

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an idea, don't know what it is worth.
instead of leaving the battle to visit the tinker to repair your jewel, carry a tinkering repair deed with you.
Henzy
You need to be near a tinker to use the deed though.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would assume you have to eat a 120 power scroll first so that it can raise the skill to 120.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try not to use +jewelry for main skills. If I need skill points on my template I use the +jewelry for secondary skills like meditation/focus etc. That way if I lose it, it doesn't hurt so much.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep you have to eat power scroll as +jewelry won't raise you above your scrolled skill, and I like Barok's input for main skills.

If you have a skill of more importance, (which I can't really imagine for a mage than magery), your most valuable skill should be real skill in my opinion. 105 magery maybe not that too big of deal necessarily, but it will be against anyone that is scrolled 120 on resist.

That said, I never have set templates. If you keep "set" templates, than I suppose + skill may not matter that much.

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Do you get the same effects with jewlry to raise magery as if you didn't need jewlry for skills?
The only thing you miss out on is the actual "Legendary Mage" title if you aren't naturally a 120, at least with the EC.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Also, the new masteries are based on real skill and not modified skill, similar to the Bard Masteries.