If they pulled the plug?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How would you feel, if they pulled the plug?

• Angry

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • Sad

Votes: 51 35.2%
  • Grumpy

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Numb/empty

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • I wouldn’t really care, life goes on

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Relieved, finally I can quit UO

Votes: 29 20.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Best day of my life! Maybe I will get my life back!

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
S

Sarphus

Of course, this is a pretty far-fetched hypothetical considering SA is still being developed and EA is still adding devs to the UO team.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
Lets be honest... UO is 11 years olde..if we reach 15 ..WOW.. THATS GUNINESS BOOK OF RECORDS THAT WILL NEVER BE BEATEN!!

However one day UO will end.. so the peeps with nothing and the peeps with billions will all lose as the pixels get dispersed into cyber space for the final time.....

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
I don't play much anymore. Wouldnt make a whole lot of difference to me. Then again i would hope the reason it got shut down was cause UO2 was so great they didnt need old UO.

Unlikely, but it would be nice.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
always negative people here...
I think that this game need many more years before end, because are its player to take it alive.
If it will end, free shards will take all the big part of players kicked by ea and the game will still alive :)

Many of us know how much different is ultima from other games (new games especially!!!), and I think that very few people will abandon it completely ;)
There are no new game like old games, new game can be ended in less than 1 week, but everyday in uo lead you in new discovers, new friend and you will learn everyday how deep is this game (just 1 thing: I play uo since 2000, I'm not a noob an and I saw the good and the bad changes during the years) :)

If you think that they want to pull the plug because there are no 11th anniversary gifts, come in europa and I will give you the gift! I delivered 41 gift box and I will glad to make you another one ;)

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 25, 2008
And WHY would they/should they pull the plug when they could sell it???

Edit = UO is not TSO which never succeeded!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
If they pulled the plug....... I know I'd be totally lost at first..... then I would of course be a bit richer every month.... But then I'd have to find something else to do... Perhaps I'd find another game.... though it's very likely not...

I would hope they would sell UO to someone and it would go on.

R

RoycroftLS

Of course, this is a pretty far-fetched hypothetical considering SA is still being developed and EA is still adding devs to the UO team.
Is it unlikely that they will pull the plug any time soon? Yes, but I wouldn't quite say it is far-fetched.

Just because they are spending time developing an expansion doesn't guarantee that the expansion will see the light of day (e.g. the first time SA was announced).

And I don't know if "adding" is the right word to use for the latest devs to join on the SA project. From reading what a couple recent devs (Mark and BTeng) had to say in their introduction threads, their work with Mythic isn't exclusively with UO.

That isn't to say that there aren't advantages to rotating devs to a game where the attention is needed. But if they can be easily rotated into UO, it stands to reason they could just as easily be rotated out of UO.

B

Black magick

Wouldn't really care much. I lose stealing and pvp in the way i do, but theres always freeservers. Alongside the other 10 or so games i play.

L

Lord Kynd

You know, I'm not entirely convinced this is true.
thanks to free shards i think you are correct in not being convinced :)

if they pull the plug , not only will i never buy nor support anything EA nor mythic has there hands in, but i will not allow my family to either :)
and you can bet i will be on free servers faster than there systems cool down.
but only if they pull the 'plug' on UO.

L

Lord Kynd

Just because they are spending time developing an expansion doesn't guarantee that the expansion will see the light of day (e.g. the first time SA was announced).

sadly this reminds me of what was it called, the UO:2 project ?
the godsend of UO that was trashed... but oh look another game has alot of what was suppose to come to UO now.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 5, 2006
Bangor, Me
I voted sad. Now to respond to this statement. Stuff like that happens alot. Unforseen factors can change plans overnight.

I would suggest noone ever play any freeshards and I'll tell you why. The people that run these shards are not businesses. They are running and distributing a game they do not own and have no rights too. Just because its free doesn't mean your safe on your end of the computer. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. The majority are cheaters and hackers that have been banned from ea's servers. Not to mention speedhacking and scripting is a way of life on these shards.

R

Rainforest

If they pull the plug now i will be angry coz SA is on the way. Having said that nothing will last forever and when that day comes, i will feel very sad !

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Anger is my default reaction, so that.

C

Coppelia

Sad, but I'd probably go on a private shard. If I don't go to a private shard before they pull the plug...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
Quote:
Originally Posted by THP
However one day UO will end..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maplestone
You know, I'm not entirely convinced this is true.

Neither am I.

-------------
Hey u guys /gals im here till the light go off!!

S

Salty Pete

I would just post a few grumpy "I told you so" messages to the various devs who have destroyed the game I used to enjoy.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
It would be a sad time for a fine game.

It would also be a sad future for those who let it die.

Imagine that on your resume. ewww!

I can just hear them now at the interview, "well it was all EA's fault", uh huh.

"I worked mainly on DAOC, (or War) it wasn't my fault", heh!

J

J0KING

I would be bummed out... UO has been the only game that I have been playing on a consistant basis for many years now... I truthfully dont think it is going away anytime soon.

Have Fun!!!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 13, 2006
some people invested too much cash in uo and would be too pissed off if that happened, not me but i know a lot of people that buy gold and everything in game with cash so they really would not be happy

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
Athens, Greece
Relieved. But it doesn't mean I'm not trying to enjoy playing.
By the way it's the only addiction of mine that I have a hard time enjoying. :loser:

F

Fink

Life goes on.

I'd be all "celebrate its existence, don't lament its loss" I would think. Fun while it lasted.