• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If the production cities are to be shut down.....

• Thread starter imported_CherryBomb
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_CherryBomb

.....shouldn't there be some sort of in-game message? I have not seen one yet. Not everyone reads the message boards or the blog every week. I imagine if they find their Sim stuck in limbo without any warning, they're not gonna be too happy about it. I still hang out in IH from time to time, and not everyone there is up-to-date.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

.....shouldn't there be some sort of in-game message? I have not seen one yet. Not everyone reads the message boards or the blog every week. I imagine if they find their Sim stuck in limbo without any warning, they're not gonna be too happy about it. I still hang out in IH from time to time, and not everyone there is up-to-date.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]Just how out-of-date are they?

Would they possibly mistake such a shutdown notice as The 90 Day Notice?

I

imported_Juniper Skye

I'd hope there would be some sort of message. Spread the word, put in in your bios, talk about it at the houses you visit.....I'm sure you already do!

I

imported_CherryBomb

<blockquote><hr>

Just how out-of-date are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

They probably assume that they will be merged into EA Land. The same as I did until a few days ago.

CherryBomb

G

They will be merge to EA-Land. "WHEN" is just unknown at the time.

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

Minor details. We just want their $10.

G

regarding the "how outdated are they" comment. A lot of people assumed when the cities shut down they would be merged over. I do not understand why you try so hard in your comments to make people feel stupid.

L

Lucky Lisa

"limbo" is a lil harsh... even though we mostly agree this game will go to hell hehe

G

<blockquote><hr>

regarding the "how outdated are they" comment. A lot of people assumed when the cities shut down they would be merged over. I do not understand why you try so hard in your comments to make people feel stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]When I said "out-of-date" (as opposed to "outdated" - if you're going to quote someone, please do so properly), I was simply asking how many people may be blissfully unaware of what's going on with the game, content to play in their own little worlds. It's a known fact that people who read Stratics make up a small minority of the overall game population.

If you want to read that as me calling people stupid, I'm not going to stop you. You'd be dead wrong, but I'm not going to stop you. You seem dead-set on this notion of yours that I'm out to insult everybody.

I

imported_CherryBomb

I've see people in EA Land too. "Waiting for the merge" in their bios. I feel uncomfortable giving any advice, since I don't know what the hell is going to happen myself.

And they are not all that far out of date; the closing was only mentioned on the blog this week.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've see people in EA Land too. "Waiting for the merge" in their bios. I feel uncomfortable giving any advice, since I don't know what the hell is going to happen myself.

[/ QUOTE ]People in EA-Land are waiting for the merge??? Oy vey! They're going to be waiting an awful long time!

This is certainly getting confusing!

I

imported_CherryBomb

Kat, I mean they are obviously killing time in EA Land until their main Sim gets imported.

CB

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

This is certainly getting confusing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why haven't Devs been really answering any questions lately? I mean I didn't see any replies to the influx in the buying value of simoleans and that was a major upset not long ago, billing issues seem to be on the rise, and I'm sure there are other questions that have not even been remotely answered. I could be obviously unaware of any replies though so links would be okay.

G

I'm still confused as to why people are now under the understanding that there WON'T be a merge...the blog post made it clear that the merges will take place once they fix the problems. The only difference now is those particular sims will be unplayable for an unknown period of time. People "killing time" in EA-Land won't be losing out on anything. They'll just have to continue to kill time...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Kat, I mean they are obviously killing time in EA Land until their main Sim gets imported.

CB

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]When I said "out-of-date" (as opposed to "outdated" - if you're going to quote someone, please do so properly), I was simply asking how many people may be blissfully unaware of what's going on with the game, content to play in their own little worlds. It's a known fact that people who read Stratics make up a small minority of the overall game population.

If you want to read that as me calling people stupid, I'm not going to stop you. You'd be dead wrong, but I'm not going to stop you. You seem dead-set on this notion of yours that I'm out to insult everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

.......When I said "out-of-date" (as opposed to "outdated" - if you're going to quote someone, please do so properly),........nuff said. imma so sorry missus i be too stupid to do dem quotes properly nuff to suite ya ma'am

G

<blockquote><hr>

nuff said. imma so sorry missus i be too stupid to do dem quotes properly nuff to suite ya ma'am

[/ QUOTE ]Suit yourself.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

I'm still confused as to why people are now under the understanding that there WON'T be a merge...the blog post made it clear that the merges will take place once they fix the problems. The only difference now is those particular sims will be unplayable for an unknown period of time. People "killing time" in EA-Land won't be losing out on anything. They'll just have to continue to kill time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is how I feel about all of this. Im worried that in a month or two we're going to get told that they cant fix the problems so the merge is off and there goes our sims in those cities. With that fear in mind Ive decided I can afford to lose my Island and my penninsulas and Im going to get some tickets for the Bullet Train for all of my old sims in BF and AV. I hate this, I dont want to lose my lots but Id rather not lose my old sims and all of their stuff. I guess I dont trust that we are being told everything and I dont trust that we wont lose those sims in the end. It took me a while to decide this but for me I'll feel better knowing they are safe and not lost forever. "shrugs"

G

That is true, but if it came down to that, I'm sure the devs would continue to run bullet trains until all sims arrived.

B

Bindy

I would hope so but as I said I dont trust them right at the moment. Sorry to say that but I dont think we are getting the whole story told to us. Also Im not wanting to pay for sims I cant play for god knows how long and it could be months at the rate things are going.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, its not a matter of making people feel 'stupid', its more a matter of holding them accountable for their own 'ignorance'.....which isn't the same thing. Ignorance is highly curable, all they have to do is make themselves informed, which if they really care to do it is not hard at all. Stupidity is a whole other matter entirely, and I haven't met many sims that fall into that category....most are just ill-, mis- or under-informed.

M

mike1977

Well, this is how I feel about all of this. Im worried that in a month or two we're going to get told that they cant fix the problems so the merge is off and there goes our sims in those cities. With that fear in mind Ive decided I can afford to lose my Island and my penninsulas and Im going to get some tickets for the Bullet Train for all of my old sims in BF and AV. I hate this, I dont want to lose my lots but Id rather not lose my old sims and all of their stuff. I guess I dont trust that we are being told everything and I dont trust that we wont lose those sims in the end. It took me a while to decide this but for me I'll feel better knowing they are safe and not lost forever. "shrugs"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about losing anything. It's just the question how long will they be unavailable once the cities get shut down waiting to be copied and pasted in EA Land. And yeah, my only sim in CC is holding a 3 sided water lot and two trees. Since the plan has changed from shutting them down one by one when they are merging to shutting them all off at once and waiting...thinking about ditching it and bringing him over when they start the moves again. Also got a sim on third account in DG holding an island lot but he isn't holding any valueable objects so that one is ok to be unavailable LOL

G

Just hitting reply...

I was in a money house yesterday saying how I'd been over to BF &amp; AV and stocked my sims houses up and spoke about a lot that I would have bought if I hadn't moved my other sim over to EAL on the last train.

Another player asked why I'd waste money on buying land in BF when I would lose it?

She IS under the impression that when the old cities close in 20th Feb that that's it for them - deleted!

I tried to explain that the merges are on hold BUT that the plan is for them to be merged onto the main EAL map as 'suburbs' at a later date.

So there are still players who dont understand exactly what is going on with the merges and city closures(sp?)

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Just hitting reply...

I was in a money house yesterday saying how I'd been over to BF &amp; AV and stocked my sims houses up and spoke about a lot that I would have bought if I hadn't moved my other sim over to EAL on the last train.

Another player asked why I'd waste money on buying land in BF when I would lose it?

She IS under the impression that when the old cities close in 20th Feb that that's it for them - deleted!

I tried to explain that the merges are on hold BUT that the plan is for them to be merged onto the main EAL map as 'suburbs' at a later date.

So there are still players who dont understand exactly what is going on with the merges and city closures(sp?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I agree with CherryBomb that it should be addressed to players via an in game announcement. I guess part of the problem is that the devs themselves seem unsure of what is in store.

The issue of the cities being relegated to "suburbs" as you put it is a deal breaker for some. They may be owners of prime property, but it looks like those properties will be off the map and ghetto. Or, at least that is the buzz. It appears many are opting to abandon production city properties in favor of catching the bullet train to EA Land in order to start making progress in "the new world."

Maybe the devs will address/clarify this issue next week.

G

The way I understand it - and everything I've read on the blogs seem to support this - is that it's not a matter of if, but when. The merges <u>will</u> happen, even if they have to go into each house in each city and shuttle the data back and forth from the legacy cities to EA-Land via thumb drives! If that's what it takes to make it happen, then that's what's going to happen.

*quickly buys up stock in SanDisk*

Anyways, I don't see any indication that the merges won't happen. They've managed so far to merge TC1 into TC3, and some unspecified town into EA-Land (judging by the second yellow-framed "suburb"). They just want to find out exactly what's been causing the multi-tile object breakage, and ensure that it doesn't happen again.

B

Bindy

I think its just mostly frustration on everyones part. The not being given a time frame or even an estimate of when we will have our old sims back is what is upsetting most and causing worry. The whole the merge will happen eventually isnt much hope to go on. At least that is what it is for me.

And if it hasnt been obvious Im a worrier by nature. LOL

Oh and Katheryne I love your siggy btw.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think its just mostly frustration on everyones part. The not being given a time frame or even an estimate of when we will have our old sims back is what is upsetting most and causing worry. The whole the merge will happen eventually isnt much hope to go on. At least that is what it is for me.

And if it hasnt been obvious Im a worrier by nature. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I hear ya there... Even though the devs are trying to get the word out, there's still so much uncertainty out there...<blockquote><hr>

Oh and Katheryne I love your siggy btw.

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks! KChan made it for me!

G

Ok before they "shut the cities down" on us, I tried moving y AV sims to TC3 so I will atleast be able to play them. They were not moved. Why is this? We can't move to TC3 now? And the train won't happen for those of us scheduled to move to EA LAND, so are we being forced to stay in the cities and be locked up and shut off from game play? And will we still be billed monthly for a game we can't even play? I have 2 sims..1 in BF and 1 in AV, that's all..what am I supposed to do now????? This is just absolutely wrong. These cities should not shut down and cause minimal game play until they can make the merge happen for sure. How can they even justify saying pay but not play until, we don't when? That's unexcusable! Can't take peoples money for something that isn't there. I don't have 10 sims like most I have 2. What do I do now?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Sims cannot move to TC3.

You can only select a move to EA-Land.

D

DAB

So somebody offer an answer!!! I have been paying for a sim since beta days.. even before it was $10 a month... but ya figger 10 a month over 5 years... thats over $600 to get some skills and possessions.. and I have been through the bumps and glitches.. and have been patient.. but enough if enough!! Now I am being faced to pay $10 a month for something I cant even play? Is this even LEGAL???

G

I was under the notion that sims can not move out of tc3...when I hit move to tc3 it said my sim will move during maitanance...I have my BF sim sitting on a move to EA LAND for 2 weeks now. They can't lock us up and expect us to pay for this when I won't be able to play..on a notion that..."The merge will happen" with out an exact date or nothing. I don't call this legal...I call this fraud...sorry but it is as far as I am concerned..you can't charge people for something that won't be useable and no date on when it will be usable!!!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Sims cannot move into or out of TC3. Anyone with sims in the legacy cities are being give the option to move their sims to EALand or wait for merge. If you chose to wait for the merge then that is your choice not to play something you are paying for.

D

DAB

<blockquote><hr>

Sims cannot move into or out of TC3. Anyone with sims in the legacy cities are being give the option to move their sims to EALand or wait for merge. If you chose to wait for the merge then that is your choice not to play something you are paying for.

[/ QUOTE ]

But we CANT move... we have been waiting over a week to move a Sim.. they trains arent running!

G

yes are given the option to move to EA LAND..I took up on that option 2 weeks ago, and have yet to be moved.They have to be "manually" moved I understand that. So why aren't they? why are we being forced to pay and not getting our move as the option? That is fraud! You give us the option to move so we aren't paying for a sim we can't use, but yet don't move it for us, but yet, still make us pay? I have been trying to move for 2 weeks! and all I keep getting is an "I don't when " answer. That is unfair. If that is the case, then the option shouldn't be there.

G

Moves have been stopped while they fix the broken objects bug. Per Sarah's post on the blog at www.tso-e.com that should be fixed within a few days. I'm sure they will finish moving sims then.

Everyone has at least one slot in EA Land and up to 6 slots in TC3, so you are not being forced to pay for a game you cant play.

I'm sure the devs have good reason for closing the legacy cities pre-merge or they would leave them open. I'm a bit nervous waiting for the merge too, but since I choose not to move my sims without lots I just have to deal with it and hope for the best.

D

DAB

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone has at least one slot in EA Land and up to 6 slots in TC3, so you are not being forced to pay for a game you cant play.

I'm sure the devs have good reason for closing the legacy cities pre-merge or they would leave them open. I'm a bit nervous waiting for the merge too, but since I choose not to move my sims without lots I just have to deal with it and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there are 6 open slots in each land...but if I choose to make a sim in EA LAND, I then have to cancel my move. it wont let me make a sim there as long as i have a move in progress. I want my 3 year old sim playable rather then wait for the merge WITHOUT knowing when that will be!so therefor, in a sense, we ARE being forced to pay without play.

UNTIL they have the bugs fixed and are able to accomodate people, they should NOT be shutting down these cities. They should first have everything in proper working order before doing that! It just isn't fair and no way can it be justified!

Since this IS owned by EA, does EA even know all this is happening? I understand that you are Mods and Devs and just doing your job, and I am sorry forbringing all my frustrations to you, but this is just very unfair, and as I see it, also fraud and a scam. They should NOT shut down the cities until other parts are up, and available for playing.!!

We can't even get an actual "answer". We are paying for this, we do deserve legitimate answers!

G

Well it looks like there will be moves today, so lets hope it all goes well for you. I dont know why you wouldnt be able to make an EA Land sim while you have a move waiting, first I heard of that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

but if I choose to make a sim in EA LAND, I then have to cancel my move. it wont let me make a sim there as long as i have a move in progress

[/ QUOTE ]

What error message are you getting when you try to create a sim in EA-Land? Are you patched to EA-Land when you attempt to create a sim there?

We were given an extra slot for EA-Land - everyone should be able to create there, regardless of the sims you have waiting to be moved.

Polly

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh Cherry HUN

Straitics is not the Ea.com site, check ea.com and tso-e but this info that you say that you can't fine it's here hun http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=547

thx Max

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh Cherry HUN

Straitics is not the Ea.com site, check ea.com and tso-e but this info that you say that you can't fine it's here hun http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=547

thx Max

[/ QUOTE ]ç'est what???

Nobody's disputing the blog's existance, or the existance of that article within the blog. CB was referring to players who - either through willful act or ignorance - refuse to stay informed -- players who refuse to look for information outside the immediate game environment.

C

coyoteee

Well... ok my two pennies.

We waited for like 3 years for an update. Now THAT'S some patience. I say have patience and respect for the devs, and they will do what they promised, as much as they can with the resources they have. (They seem to dream big, which is a good thing, right?) At least we HAVE the devs now. And they HAVE been doing things, even if it's not what we wanted every time. (I want my full screen mode back without having to mess with my resolution!) I'm still satisfied with what's been done and I applaud the devs for working on this game AND communicating with us as much as they have.

We're at the beginning of something marvelous - lets stop bickering and help realize the great new game we're watching unfold. Let's support each other and support this game we love.

~Coy

J

Jacque

I agree! However inconvenient it is, the chance of keeping my 3 old sims and properties is worth it. I have the same lots on my three sims that I have had since the beginning of TSO time, being able to take my houses to the new EAland is wonderful.

I feel sure it is going to happen like they say. In the mean time, I can just go to EAland and create a sim to play with. I don't understand the issue of paying for nothing. We are still being able to play, just not with those characters until after the merge.

This is all very exciting, even with the problems and delays.