• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If 10 tamers whit superdragons go to felucca

G

Acording to all pvp,ers we must own every thing there or?

The problem is if wee fail we suck, but if we win we are overpowered.

To be frank im sick of all the complaining all yers.
UO is a skill based game so its all come down to adapt.

a stealther can be revealed and a ninja can be bolad out of animal form.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone can`t figure out how AI from the 1980`s works. So, they cry!!!!

G

Tamers are powerful in PvP, no doubt about it. And these super dragons make them more powerful than before. People complained about the rune beetles when they first came out. The bleed, lethal poison, armor corruption combos they had were so vastly different than any other pet available. These new dragons also bleed, but as far as I know that is the only special move they have. I know their fire breath does a TON of damage, but it's probably hitpoint based, like all the other dragons.

The only difference is these new dragons are hard to kill. Period. I've seen dexers who can kill dragons in two or three hits usually (with consecrate, EoO, Dragon Slayer, etc). They all have trouble with these new dragons. Their suits and templates are geared towards killing dragons quickly. How much harder do you think it would be for a mage or non-dexer to kill one of these dragons.

Of course People are going to complain about it. As was stated before, this game is about adapting and evolving. I think it's time we started seeing some PvP templates with peacemaking and/or discordance incorporated to specifically target these new dragons.

G

The new dragons are just the latest excuse for the basic issue PvPers have with tamers. They have pets. That's it. We could halve our damage tomorrow, we would still get complained about. Seriously. There are some PvPers who would accept lower level nerfs and don't mind tamer PvP, but many just get a burr up their butt about "OMG itz liek PvP n0t PvP + PvM!!1111"

Any issues with the draggies are being clouded by the issues of ninja tamers with pet balls. I get the impression slayers aren't working correctly and their teleport is a problem, but that sounds like a fairly minor adjustment. By the sound of some complaints, we need to muzzle in public, tie down their legs and wings and make them walk backwards. Ourselves too

Wenchy

5% Luck

If one template works better than others then we see reds as that template. Why dont we see more tamer reds?
They are balanced enough to NOT be a reds go to template!

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

Of course People are going to complain about it. As was stated before, this game is about adapting and evolving. I think it's time we started seeing some PvP templates with peacemaking and/or discordance incorporated to specifically target these new dragons.

[/ QUOTE ]I remember posting a while back about a PvP Template involving Peacemaking to combat Tamers in PvP, but the common crowd stated having the Music and Peacemaking would leave their Template weak against other PvP Templates. Telling a PvP ellitist to adapt to a change like this is pointless so long as the alternative is for them to come to these forums and <u>whine</u> to nerf the new dragons down.

What makes a PvP ellitest anyway, the ability to cry louder than the other children?

G

<blockquote><hr>

If they were easy peasy to build I think we would see more tamers in PvP.

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]
Taming is time consuming, but buy no means impossible to get to GM or higher in just a few days.

<blockquote><hr>

Telling a PvP ellitist to adapt to a change like this is pointless so long as the alternative is for them to come to these forums and whine to nerf the new dragons down.

[/ QUOTE ]
They seem to have no trouble adapting to other gimp templates (i.e. deathstrike mages, nerve strike mages, ninja/bola dexers, or any other template that was bugged/overpowered when first introduced).

However, there is some truth to working music and peace/discord into a pvp template. It will, obviously, make any PvP template inherently less offensive, which is what PvP templates naturally are. Any discord/peace PvP template would have to be played as a group support template...which is exactly how any decent PvP tamer template is played after much of the recent updates.

There is also a drawback to the new dragons that many people do not take into account. As far as i know, the new dragons take up 5 control slots. That means that all tamers using them must be on foot all the time. Unless the tamer has ninjitsu, they will be slower than everyone else can be. But as you say, a ninja tamer with a pet ball is annoying... There are ways to combat this template... but I know some people who play red tamers very effectively both in solo situations and also in group play.

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

They seem to have no trouble adapting to other gimp templates (i.e. deathstrike mages, nerve strike mages, ninja/bola dexers, or any other template that was bugged/overpowered when first introduced).

[/ QUOTE ]The difference between a PvPer with Music/Peace and the Templates you just labled as an example of Gimplates is that those other Gimplates were meant to be effective in PvP. A Gimplate is a Template that was designed for 1 purpose, to kill a single player as soon as possible. Adapting Music and Peace around a Gimplate nerfs that Gimplates intended purpose because none of the Bard skills have a place in PvP, only PvM.

Anyway, in my openion, if you have to use a Gimplate to compete then I wouldn't be suprized at all to see those players coming to the forums and crying the loudest. "Gimplate" is just that, a competitive handicap, a crutch the Average Joe PvPer can use when they can't compete otherwise.

I'd hate to see the new dragons nerfed because of players like this, but why are there "bonded" pets still on Siege after removing all the blessed items? Have a feeling most of the complaints will be coming from that direction.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've seen a few players pvp'ing with these dragons in the past few days. The dragons are powerful, no doubt about it, but I've seen lots of dead tamers as well, and I haven't seen anything to indicate to me that a pvp tamer with one of these dragons is over powered.

The dragon itself is extremely hard to kill, but in pvp the objective is to kill the player, not the template, and the dragon is part of the template. I haven't seen anything to indicate that the dragons make the character any harder to kill than any other advanced character, and most of the tamers I've seen with dragons have died rather quickly and easily...

G

Well it seems the issue of PvP tamers has now reached Leurocian's attention as it's now up for discussion on UHall.

Fingers crossed that it results in a decent fix

Wenchy

G

well the fact why we don't see felucca full of tamers is because it is hard to master a stealth ninja tamer and few are good enuf to run one. They who can are powerful

L

LAH Architect

Course they are
Many of the successful good PvP Tamers grew from the ranks of PvM Tamers. They need to know about pets' strengths, handling and weakness. They spend as much time as hardcore PvM Tamers looking for the right pet and training.

This can also be applied to a PvP Bard. 120 Music with 120 Peace / Discord means you still have points to function as a PvP Mage. A successful PvP bard doesn't just mean taking your luck suited bard and running in Fel.

The hot spots of pvping are champion spawn areas and it's a monster area that is very suited for a PvP Mage with bard skills. Unfortunately many PvPers lump/label/throw their mules, tamer monster farmer, bard monster farmer into category as just Trammel characters and do not bother to adapt them to Fel.

PHeAr tHe bArDs !

*Firehorning pkers since 2003*