• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOC items blocking placement?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 2 hours ago a house dropped and the timer has only just run out. Left behind is a painting (which was underneath the house sign), a floating water trough and a floating 'stew', presumably from the heritage item. I know a 15x15 will fit here, as that was the size of the previous house. However, whenever I try to place a house I'm told the terrain is invalid and/or there are items blocking. Would any of those be the cause?

K

kray2s

Generally if your trying to place a house a few things will block placement. Items shouldnt hinder plot placement. It is more likely that the corner of the plot is slightly too close to a tree or there is a rock on the ground etc
A general rule with terrain and house placement is - if you can walk through it you can place over it if it blocks your path you cant (that is a general rule there may be a few exceptions).

You could try using an axe on the water trough (if its floating you may need to move around the object to find the right spot to allow you to do this).

Items left after an idoc will generally get pushed to the side (under house sign) when you place the plot so as said before should not stop you placing. If you reckon it is water trough and cant remove it try paging a gm to see f they can get rid of it for you.

Also, and this is just incase - Make sure you are not getting the housing can not be placed in this area message:)

K

kray2s

Oh just thought - Dips in the ground, slopes varying heights etc will also hinder plot placement. It may be a case of just finding the one exact area in which to put the plot:) try moving slightly left right etc to try and squeeze it in:)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welp, they disappeared by themselves while I was waiting for GM to show and the house placed perfectly - so BEWARE! Troughs and stews are not friends of the house placer!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the stew was the culprit.. we had the very same trouble one time... and the stew still sits one tile north of the house :)

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were a few threads regarding the stews blocking house placements not too long ago (maybe within the last 6 months, if I remember correctly). Hoping I can get a GM to remove one near my house as I'm wanting to place one there with my other account after I sell my LS house.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were a few threads regarding the stews blocking house placements not too long ago (maybe within the last 6 months, if I remember correctly). Hoping I can get a GM to remove one near my house as I'm wanting to place one there with my other account after I sell my LS house.
If you page a GM about it be sure you don't mention anything about housing - I received a canned response about how they are unable to assist with house placement, but in the past GMs have removed other bugged items for me just to pretty the place up :)

T

The Home Guild

I HAVE FOUND THAT THE OLD PAINTINGs cause blockage and get sticky thus having to page a gm for removal.Also stew's can cause blockage as well.
I wish they would fix it.

S

Sebrina

Welp, they disappeared by themselves while I was waiting for GM to show and the house placed perfectly - so BEWARE! Troughs and stews are not friends of the house placer!
I had a similar problem with a few paintings in the way of placement. My experience was the same that the GM deleted the items without showing up or sending a message and I was pulled from the Que. It seemed rather bizare at the time, but I suppose that is the way they do things sometimes.

I did mention on my request about house placement, that (items were in the way.) Something else to also look for is placing over certain plants...it can be done! Two vacant lots that were less than 10x12 separately became a 16x17 by placing over plants that were in the way before.