• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOC Europa

Nai_msc

Adventurer
Hello. thats my sad story. I play ultima about 2 years. And from 12.02.2017-23.02.2017 i lost my house with all stuff i have, because i put small house for Vendor at Atlantic. May be some of you found and took my soulstones. who named by Korgan, Eridana, TOCKA, Thorgeir and Foma? i really looking forward that some of us found it, and i be able to continue playing ultima online. Thank you so much guys.
My ICQ is 157233583

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't they make Soulstones worth Turn-in points?
I'd think if anyone did pick them up they would be long gone by now.
Why on earth didn't you move your stuff to safety when you placed your 2nd house??
There's a huge warning and everything that even tell you as you place that any other houses on the account will fall (except for Siege)

It's a hard lesson to learn but your not alone.

Nai_msc

Adventurer
Didn't they make Soulstones worth Turn-in points?
I'd think if anyone did pick them up they would be long gone by now.
Why on earth didn't you move your stuff to safety when you placed your 2nd house??
There's a huge warning and everything that even tell you as you place that any other houses on the account will fall (except for Siege)

It's a hard lesson to learn but your not alone.
I saw all massages, but it wasn't enough clear to me that I can't have more then one house in any shards. I thought I can have only one by each server. And to be honest I don't understand why they can't block opportunity to put other house if you already got one. It's not logical. its the same unlogical like if they produce rule that if you create 8-th character, it will random delete previous one...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly it's a fact we live and we learn... One can hope your stones are alive and well however I agree since they are now worth points to turn in the likelyhood is rather slim.

I'm assuming you didn't notice that when you return to the condemned house you get a message saying it's in decay...

Nai_msc

Adventurer
@Mesanna & @Kyronix

Maybe it should be more like this:

View attachment 62586

And it should be demolishing, not re-deeding! :wink:
:smile2:
If u can potentially loose a house (thousands of dollars) I will be appreciated a lot to the devs, who think about newbie like me, and do it just for prevent stupid loss. All old players know about it, and only newbie like me can loose everything, and then loose wish for playing. I just think that the huge problem of Ultima online is a servers full of old players top chars with top suits. But only new players should be be like a part of fresh air for uo. And devs can put easy code that u cannot loose your ss and transfer shields(only that thing), if u pay for accs. Or put really huge red sigh like u create or restrict build a new houses if u got one! Coz it's logical! No one will build new house to destroy previous.

PaulCH

Journeyman
The issue with soulstones has come up several times. It would be nice if any account bound items were transferred to your bank when your house goes IDOC. Not something the devs *have* to do because there is the warning for those placing a new house and a reasonable expectation for people who plan to stop playing to consider what will happen to the stuff in their house but would still be nice.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think the Soulstones solution should be high on the list. Houses can be replaced somewhat easily (at least the basic plot, if there's room). Skills, on the other hand, take a long time to train. I imagine some people that have lost their house and soulstones just say they're done, too much work to train all over. And since they have to use to anybody else....

Maybe when you put a Soulstone in a trashcan, it automatically goes to a graveyard, one that's searchable.

PaulCH

Journeyman
Maybe when you put a Soulstone in a trashcan, it automatically goes to a graveyard, one that's searchable.
Not sure how the mechanics would work exactly but how about if a soulstone is put in the trashcan then that person obviously gets the turn in points and then the original owner can buy them back with turn-in points?

*Edit* Thought a little about the mechanics, game would check the soulstone for the original owner (soulstone always notes owned by) and turn it into a personal clean up reward for that toon. There is a chance that the player may not remember the last skill on the stone so they may have to check the clean up rewards with all their toons.

Last edited:

Nai_msc

Adventurer
I totally agree with all of your opinions. I've lost 7 ss with 120 taming, 120 ninjutsu , gm inscription and gm alchemy... Will I do that loooong process of training again probably no... Money doesn't matter, but still I lost about 1-1.5 platinum with my items... And what I finally got? Probably there is no point to play, collect, construct, farm and train... I already lost my house before, coz I didn't pay. And I totally agree with it. Coz I didn't pay for my acc. But now... And this is sad, coz prime time online Europa is about 35-50 ppl... And most of the people in uo pay for acc only for save the houses. And with this type of business, they produce rules where u can easily lost everything. I know that Mesanna will never read this thread. Or if she will read, impossible to do something already. And probably later will be change something. Just sad that the huge part of my mmo experience got this final.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I didn't want to have to be THAT guy, but I fail to see why we need to implement anything based on your failure to read a simple warning.

Don't want to lose your soulstones? Keep them in the bank.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I totally agree with all of your opinions. I've lost 7 ss with 120 taming, 120 ninjutsu , gm inscription and gm alchemy... Will I do that loooong process of training again probably no... Money doesn't matter, but still I lost about 1-1.5 platinum with my items... And what I finally got? Probably there is no point to play, collect, construct, farm and train... I already lost my house before, coz I didn't pay. And I totally agree with it. Coz I didn't pay for my acc. But now... And this is sad, coz prime time online Europa is about 35-50 ppl... And most of the people in uo pay for acc only for save the houses. And with this type of business, they produce rules where u can easily lost everything. I know that Mesanna will never read this thread. Or if she will read, impossible to do something already. And probably later will be change something. Just sad that the huge part of my mmo experience got this final.
So you want to say Mesanna will not read this thread, but you didn't bother to read the message that came up warning you about placing another house? Things that make ya go hmmmmm.

PaulCH

Journeyman
I didn't want to have to be THAT guy, but I fail to see why we need to implement anything based on your failure to read a simple warning.

Don't want to lose your soulstones? Keep them in the bank.
So you want to say Mesanna will not read this thread, but you didn't bother to read the message that came up warning you about placing another house? Things that make ya go hmmmmm.
You both may be right but people do make mistakes. I think that making them paying a price to get the soulstones back (turning them into a cleanup reward *if* the person who finds them turns them in) is better than losing a player because they lost their soulstones.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted a few weeks ago that I some how I lost an entirely built character. I didn't quit the game.

PaulCH

Journeyman
Maybe not but it would've been understandable if you did. I remember reading your thread. It was during a transfer? There is also the difference losing a char to a bug and losing stuff to a mistake. There could be anything from sentimental value of the character to actual cost of originally building it (maybe you bought an advanced token). I still have the original character I created (late 97/early 98 or is that late 98/early 99) and would feel bad if I lost him, even though I don't play him anymore...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe not but it would've been understandable if you did. I remember reading your thread. It was during a transfer? There is also the difference losing a char to a bug and losing stuff to a mistake. There could be anything from sentimental value of the character to actual cost of originally building it (maybe you bought an advanced token). I still have the original character I created (late 97/early 98 or is that late 98/early 99) and would feel bad if I lost him, even though I don't play him anymore...
No not during a transfer, that char I was able to get back. I lost a completely built 120 fisher with gm begging and to this day, I do not know how or why it happened. I moaned about it, I got over it. I started making the char again, from scratch. Again, I didn't quit the game over it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You both may be right but people do make mistakes. I think that making them paying a price to get the soulstones back (turning them into a cleanup reward *if* the person who finds them turns them in) is better than losing a player because they lost their soulstones.
You generally don't make changes due to someone making a mistake.

They generally just learn from it.

If I lose money in the stock market I don't call up the FED and expect them to lower interest rates.

At best this is a hard lesson

Nai_msc

Adventurer
I know that it was my mistake. I just say that it's a strange situation which can be fixed by small code. I see how stuff trying to save comunity in one case, like you nearly legal can buy gold for real money from web sites, people using technically illegal easy scripts just in font of em on the events, lots of duped stuff and bugget (like glacial everything) everywhere. And stuff doing nothing. I understand it because they try to save game and be friendly to new players. But write a small code to prevent stupid loss no. That's what I wanna say

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I know that it was my mistake. I just say that it's a strange situation which can be fixed by small code. I see how stuff trying to save comunity in one case, like you nearly legal can buy gold for real money from web sites, people using technically illegal easy scripts just in font of em on the events, lots of duped stuff and bugget (like glacial everything) everywhere. And stuff doing nothing. I understand it because they try to save game and be friendly to new players. But write a small code to prevent stupid loss no. That's what I wanna say
It's not a strange situation and nothing involving their code appears to be simple.

This scenario was and is completely avoidable.

Next time a big warning gump pops up at you you should probably read it.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No disrespect to the OP, who's native language doesnt appear to be english, but the message is clearly stated an unambiguous. Theres really no excuse for losing your stuff (unless english isnt your native languish as seems to be the case here) Shame.

The Devs have some responsibility but they can really only go so far. The rest needs to be down to player intelligence and/or comprehension.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Mesanna & @Kyronix

Maybe it should be more like this:

View attachment 62598

And it should be demolishing, not re-deeding! :wink:

:smile2:
Unfortunately it wouldn't make any difference if they made it look like that, if people still didn't read it. They can give you any number of warning boxes, but they can't force you to read them or make decisions based on what they say.
I still find the house placement rules confusing, many people do, but if I don't know how a thing works or how it might affect me, I find out before I do something I would regret.
Also, I cannot for the life of me work out why, when so many shards had soulstone graveyards, they would make them worth turn-in points, it just seems a bit mean.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway, if account bound stuff in an IDOC would go to the account (or house) owners bank the moment, the house goes IDOC and all coowners etcs are evicted, this would be very helpful. If these items would go to the items account owners bank box I would even set up a house on a temporary account to go IDOC and put in all the collected and not cashed in soulstones, personal bless deeds and shard shield deeds into this, so that the owner can get them back.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's a generic warning message. That is the issue. This has happened to myself and a few other people.
We nearly lost a blessed tower a few years ago because of this.

The message should show ONLY if you have a house on the account.