• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ideas to improve the throwing skill.

T

The Fallout

It is my opinion (from personal experiences and the experiences of others) that throwing should be improved a bit. Here are my suggestions:

Get rid of the distance penalties but keep the bonuses. Meaning if you throw it at the middle distance it uses base damage and accuracy (plus whatever modifiers) if thrown from up close there is DI and if thrown from far away there is HCI. Keep the shield penalty and have it negated with 120 parry/throwing.

One more thing, make it so you can use throwing weapons hand-hand with any weapon skill (except archery of course) so if you have throwing/fencing you can throw or use your fencing skill for up close, same for mace fighting and swordsmanship.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions of your own?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My idea was no penalties, only bonuses. Any wep skill up close is a great idea though.

T

The Fallout

My idea was no penalties, only bonuses. Any wep skill up close is a great idea though.
Too bad this thread isn't getting attention, I guess many people don't even use gargoyles let alone throwing.

Well, I have reiterated your idea heh and added my own for one combination idea that will shake the earth, or just throwing lol.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't really see a benefit to using a gargoyle other than imbuing, and that actually hurts if you're training it, it's only useful when you're at the real high levels. :/

T

The Fallout

I don't really see a benefit to using a gargoyle other than imbuing, and that actually hurts if you're training it, it's only useful when you're at the real high levels. :/
My artificer is a gargoyle. They are pretty bad (atm at least) but I still think they are cool lol