Ideas for Halloween (or... Samhain The Seeds of Love...)

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
P

Prince Caspian

We are getting a quest, and of course the immensely popular trick or treating is going to return. But how about some other things for Halloween?

Vampires -- Starts out like this.... a few players are selected to be Vampires on the shard. They aren't red, they appear as any other player. However, they can, by attacking with a punch attack, infect other players with vampirism. Vampires take damage while out in sunlight, but regen during night. If you can kill the vampire and use a stake on the corpse, when that player resses, hes no longer a vamp. Lets see if the vampires can survive the night or get eradicated.

Spirit World -- An area only ghosts can access.... maybe not much in it, just some wacky tombstones and special monsters.... but you can't ress in here under any circumstances.

Hauntings -- When a player is killed, he has an X chance to be offered the haunt a house. In this case, he is randomly assigned to another player's house where he can, invisible, manipulate objects (but not pick up anything), make sound effects, and speak (instead of the oOOoooOOOs). If a player casts Exorcise in the house, or can touch the ghost with a holy symbol, the player is booted to the Chaos shrine.

Ghost Ships -- Have ghost ships roam the seas of Britannia for Halloween...interactive or not.

Monster Mash Dungeon -- A dungeon filled with Peerless Bosses from Pop Culture.... dracula (lich gfx), Frankenstein (flesh golem gfx), Amentep (mummy gfx). Features a trivia challenge at the end (using the quest engine).

Witches Broom -- Item that will take you to any shrine in Ilsh (powered by Translo Powder)

Spooky Story Contest -- Have players contribute a book as an entry, one winner is chosen for each shard and copies are given out as special Trick or Treat loot.

K

Kratos Aurion

All good ideas. I feel it might be a bit late asking for halloween stuff though.

P

Prince Caspian

Yeah, I know. Maybe next year....

While out of the regulars, I'm probably the most critical of the current dev team, I still have to concede that the first Halloween the EA staff took over was a stroke of brilliance.

The Trick or Treating and Pumpkin Farming were two events that everyone could participate in, and (for a change) didn't involve killing a BBEG and scrambling to get in the top damage for the prize.

I am happy to see a new event this year (the quest). The last few Halloweens were just repeats of the same thing (lol last year we had Trick or Treating almost till Xmas! :p)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Yeah, I know. Maybe next year....

While out of the regulars, I'm probably the most critical of the current dev team, I still have to concede that the first Halloween the EA staff took over was a stroke of brilliance.

The Trick or Treating and Pumpkin Farming were two events that everyone could participate in, and (for a change) didn't involve killing a BBEG and scrambling to get in the top damage for the prize.

I am happy to see a new event this year (the quest). The last few Halloweens were just repeats of the same thing (lol last year we had Trick or Treating almost till Xmas! :p)
The first one as in the one with the Grim Reaper? I loved that one! Esp the Grim Reaper - would finish 1 round (going round to all the cemetaries), take potty breaks/dinner during the 2 hour lull, then do it all over again!