• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Idea to improve fishing

Tara of Atlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Fish have so many different types and are cumbersome to handle due to weight. I would love to have a NEW kind of fishing net, that works like a BOD book...if the player has this new net in their backpack all fish would go directly into it and not take up space or weight. When the fish are wanted, you pop them out of the net, just like a BOD.

It would create huge stacks of fish categorized by type and the player could reclaim a type of fish in stacks of 10, 15, 20

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fish have so many different types and are cumbersome to handle due to weight. I would love to have a NEW kind of fishing net, that works like a BOD book...if the player has this new net in their backpack all fish would go directly into it and not take up space or weight. When the fish are wanted, you pop them out of the net, just like a BOD.

It would create huge stacks of fish categorized by type and the player could reclaim a type of fish in stacks of 10, 15, 20
Never gonna happen but I love the idea, and who knows, strange things happen, maybe, just maybe........................

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a reward they need to add a net. Set number of uses. Net is activated and catches one target named common fish. Just a tool to catch a bunch of what has been drained by the quest request types. Just wrong to have hundereds of a say dungeon types. But have quest completetion slowed by one type being in constant need from dungeon fishing.

Tara of Atlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am fed up with wrangling all these different kinds of heavy fish on my boat. I think it would be a lot more fun without all the added logistics of piling, sorting, storing, etc.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess, having the uncommon fishes weight 10 stones each is a simple way of preventing botting.

If you dont want/need the uncommon fishes, you still can cut them up into fish steaks. That reduces their weight drastically and reduces the number of space taken into 1 stack. You might use this ...
- if you dont want the uncommon fishes (Thought with the vendor search around you might be able to sell them for a good amount.)
- if you have enough of the uncommon fishes (I am for example sitting on 1000+ of each deepwater fish. So that I end cutting them all up, when I want to fish for mibs.)
- if you fish in hard to reach places for one of the rares or legendarys. (Where beeing overweighted even means danger.)

For sorting the fishes: I have a big container dedicated for fishes in my fishers bank box. The minters hate me for that but all that I do, is dumping all my uncommon catches into that box. That way, all my fishes are getting sorted from alone. I am glad that todays computer games cannot involve smelling yet. Otherwise I would have to overthink this tactic.