• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea for Useless Soulstones & Fragments

• Thread starter Edina Monsoon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Edina Monsoon

I have collected tons and tons of soulstones from other accounts, which there only purpose seems to be decoration, but to be honest, they don't blink unless they have a skill stored I think, and the fragments to me look ugly.

So, I was thinking that since they were not included in the spring cleaning (which they should have been, I will hold onto mine until the powers that be make them useful since I can't use them since they aren't from my account)...

Why not let us turn them in to get our jewelry box or seed box?

PLEASE!

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

P

packrat

I think they should make something, like a reward, where you can add charges to them. Not like bags of sending. Something like you can loot off of a peerless and get 1 charge. Make it extremely rare.

I

Inquisitor [AK]

bs thats the 100th thread about that
you want a soulstone get the token or vet reward
you want a use for any useless item now? firecrackers maybe?
we got more than we asked for to turn in at spring clean still u whiners want more more and more and we will end up beingable to turn food in cos we dont really need it except for RP
i mean com on the turninlist is ****ING long
thats just another "i want somthing new that could be exploited in some way (or not) to earn even more gold to my billions at wbb" thread
throw em away omfg whats so hard about that
you also keep bones from skeletons in hope u can earn money with them someday?

R

RenaLynne

bs thats the 100th thread about that
you want a soulstone get the token or vet reward
you want a use for any useless item now? firecrackers maybe?
we got more than we asked for to turn in at spring clean still u whiners want more more and more and we will end up beingable to turn food in cos we dont really need it except for RP
i mean com on the turninlist is ****ING long
thats just another "i want somthing new that could be exploited in some way (or not) to earn even more gold to my billions at wbb" thread
throw em away omfg whats so hard about that
This was funny...sorry...:thumbsup:

R

Richtor Darkbane

Actually bones can be cut up into bones and used as a resource to make bone armor, bone machete's etc.... They can also be used as decorations. :thumbsup:

Also, because I actually replied to add something constructive, and not just flame the OP. I think this is a good idea for a gold-sink, perhaps you could take soulstones to an NPC and for [insert large amount of gold here] they could bind the soulstone to your account but any skills stored on it would be lost.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they showed the name of the char that claimed them. That way we might have a better chance of returning stones found in IDOCs if people return.

Quite a lot of people on Siege keep stones from IDOCS and a fair number have been returned to their previous owners.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Long time ago on the old forums I put a suggestion up in the Idea's Den about using Soul Stones that weren't bound to your account as a Gold Sink...You donate (x) amount of Gold and have to wait (k) amount of days, then donate (y) amount of gold, and wait (n) amount of days and the Soul Stone would revert into a Token form and could be claimed by someone else completely wiped of skills.

J

jelinidas

I have one odd ball full soul stone. I have 3 accounts, do not IDOC, yet nobody can use it! It has to belong to one of the three accounts. Stone is empty. I wont just toss it.

P

Pawl

I have collected tons and tons of soulstones from other accounts, which there only purpose seems to be decoration, but to be honest, they don't blink unless they have a skill stored I think, and the fragments to me look ugly.

So, I was thinking that since they were not included in the spring cleaning (which they should have been, I will hold onto mine until the powers that be make them useful since I can't use them since they aren't from my account)...

Why not let us turn them in to get our jewelry box or seed box?

PLEASE!

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

Why, there not for your account, you shouldn't get anything for them.. if they do something like turn ins, i hope it does a chech to make sure its yours and not one you bought or whatever...

Y

Yalp

Hmm.. if soul stones are account bound.. *known when you get them* and fragments are both account bound and limited in use ... *known when you get them* why is it you would collect those not of your account and/or out of charges other than for deco?

I've seen a few threads on this topic.. is it the squeeky wheel thing again? Make enough noise until someone from EA does something about it.. thereby causing the 99% majority of players to become irritated at the change just so the 1% are satisfied?

Me thinks that would be yet another example of stupidity as an art form.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one odd ball full soul stone. I have 3 accounts, do not IDOC, yet nobody can use it! It has to belong to one of the three accounts. Stone is empty. I wont just toss it.
This is just a possiblity, never encountered the problem but maybe this explains your problem. For some reason (unknown to me) one can set a soulstone to owner only, friends, co-owner, etc. Perhaps it was set to owner only and you deleted the character that placed it. I know most owner only allows all chars from a particular account to access the stone, but perhaps the problem somehow lies within the access gump. Anyone know why one can alter access to soulstones?