• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea for useful 20th Anniversary gift

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Essentially, a backpack-portable version of a number of the house add-ons for crafting that are tool-powered, that would be blessed and hold repair deeds for all skills.

I can see a use for it, if for any reason to help keep down house item counts. It's not like many people still pass items to strangers to repair stuff.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought we already had a multiple page thread about this?

Well anyways my vote still stands for recipe books and shared turn in points per server vs by character.
I vote for all the above including the repair books.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Maybe it's just me, but since the game is turning 20, I wouldn't want them to lowball a gift by giving is something that probably belongs as a holiday gift.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be great if that book could be placed on a vendor with dees in . 125 repairs that a vendor holds now is very little. Smith, tailor, carp, tinker, stonecraft ,alter deeds...Eiter you have to stock several times in a day at busy places or set uop a bunch of repair vendors at busy shops.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
1) Some sort of device or artifact that can link all the items in the account: Bank items, house items, backpack item and what is being worn, so we can easily find stuff that we might thought we lost.
So for say, you cannot remember where you left such an item, well if the whole account is indexed, you can search for such item and the system says, item is on X char in their bankbox or backpack or in the house chest X.
Call it the house cleaner, similar art can be used from the Bar keepers or stewards.

2) Mastery scroll book holder, same as he have for PS, SOTS AND SOAS, a book where we can put in the Masteries we get as storage
and maybe even use same system to upgrade them, so X of level 2s to make a Level 3. (This last part is optional, but for storage reason would be good if we did)

3) Account-bound, Mythical tokens, you can get 1 every 3 months, so players can make new character in new places.

4) Runic hammer/chistle/saw holders, similar art to the already one we got for normal stuff, but this one just for runics, as it should of been!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
on Alex's #4 suggestion. Rather than cluttering up the floor spaces with a bunch of new tool machines, a single box usable by an Imbuer.

Put in a number of the same type of runic, activate the box, and it merges the runics, up to a max use number that approximates an ASH. The runics it can be used on would be limited to those low-end ones that have 30 or more uses natively.

While Runics can currently be combined to 100 uses, this is really only good for mid-to-high-end runics, as DC-Bronze Hammers/Mallets, Spined Sewing kits, and Oak & Ash saws/fletching kits can only be merged 2 to 1.

Gold hammer/mallets and Horned kits can be merged 3/1 (though, if you are willing to burn off 5 charges on every 3rd tool you can get Bronze & Ash tools to 100).

Only at 25-use tools can you get 4/1, 20-use at 5/1 and 15-use 6/1.

The lower runics are now so easy to get via the changes to the point system (you can do the PS and anvil deeds for hammers, and no getting one of those from the old multiple-choice system), so the issue is now storage of the ones many of us already have. On the other hand, their lack of combining in any useful numbers means that the current combination system only benefits those with large numbers of high-end runics.

On the other hand, a forge that holds ASHs like the current one holds regular hammers, would be useful as well. Or, for that matter, the ability to convert ASH to Talismans that do the same thing, for use with runics, instead of the current legal "trick" required to use both together.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They should be giving everyone another house and a free month of game time and/or even more sovereigns per account.

I'll pass on the books and the runic holders etc.

I wouldn't care it were any other year.

Do the first few and then give everyone a piece of personalized pixel crack in sick colors or neon.

Engrave it and have some cheesy line "I survived "x" and all I got was this". Or "Thanks for an awesome 20 years..." (Ps we are closing down on Monday). Happy anniversary!!

If it's going to be some book don't bother..

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With all the discussion regarding stable size needing to be increased with all the new tamables, how about a stable that's about the size of the garden shed and can store 125 item(pets) that can be used by all that have access to the stable(container)?

Don't pick on my delicate touch with photoshop. I stole it from a kids coloring book. ;)

Stable to work like garden shed.jpg

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be a really cool 20th Ann gift "EVEN IF" it was only 10 slots

Added caps to even if

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would prefer 125 as well I'm on your side but even 10 would be cool
I just don't see them giving us 125 with the only 2 trolls here posting over and over to cap us

Hell im still not seeing valid point as to why even have a cap

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would prefer 125 as well I'm on your side but even 10 would be cool
I just don't see them giving us 125 with the only 2 trolls here posting over and over to cap us

Hell im still not seeing valid point as to why even have a cap
No one does... I would say but the two trolls but they would troll regardless and as I told Dot you can't troll a troll... they are only here to troll.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do love dots personality Very Witty and direct ;)
Watching her troll back is enjoyable lol

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
a small stable, similar to the garden shed - THAT would be cool...
and the stable would work like the hitching post, but could RES one pet a day!

you know, cos is your SPECIAL STABLE!

But I'm sure they already have something. So how about making this a 25th Anniversary gift option?

(yes, I am an optimist)

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Waiting 5 years.... by that time all the newness would be over and we would be onto the next cool thing. And yes, I too am optimistic! :D