• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea for a new crafter quest system.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imagine if you will.

You seek out an NPC and begin a quest chain, which is to set up a small party of UP TO 10 NPCs with armor, weapons, potions, whatever they need... in order to accomplish some kind of heroic task (such as slaying a dragon, saving a princess, stealing an artifact, etc. etc.) and depending on how well, what you made is... determines the chance of their success.

It is not the items you pick, but the first item you make for them that is used in this quest (otherwise people would just automatically pick the best.) Each member of the party requires different pieces. The knight, requires a suit of plate armor, a sword and a shield. The mage, requires arcane clothing, a leather suit of armor, potions and a full spellbook. So on and so forth... each unique. You are given deeds, much like "BoDs" which gobble up the first item of that type being made. You can conscript friends to complete the remaining tasks for you, if your character does not possess the skills to do it all.

Once you have completed equiping everyone... the hunting party sets out to accomplish their task.

2 days later (or x amount of time) you receive notification via pigeon (some kind of in game messaging system) that the quest is over and they have returned from their adventure, ready to share the spoils with you... or to tell you that they have failed. The bigger the party, the better the loot and of course, the harder the quest and larger chance for failure.

You get a hand full of good items, a good chance for a runic, gold and various other things... as well as a detailed report of how the adventure went and what took place... with many different stories to read and different types of parties to equip and the possible scenarios are endless.

Now here's where I think it can get interesting.

You have the option to replace all of the NPCs with your buddies, and then actually DO the quest yourselves, but can only complete the quest, wearing the items which were marked and made for the quest. You have to find buddies who fill the roles the quest has called for, you can't just take 10 tamers to the end of the quest unless by chance that is what the quest calls for.

Each quest has a time-limit and will expire by server down. You can only do 1 quest per RL day, per character. No scripting here unless your shelling out butt loads of money IRL, I guess... everything has a price.

The destinations, tasks, people, all of it is random. In order to participate you have to actually interact with those around you. I also think the difficulty can even be made even more difficult. Say we base the difficulty on the number of the participants (say the lowest being 3 and the highest being 10.) and even then, there can be 3 levels to each... with the highest and most people yielding the best rewards for everyone upon completion.

So.... what do you think?

discuss.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the concept, but I think there's a more general mechanic at the heart of your idea: a "community quest" mechanic that a party, guild or the community as a whole can undertake with multiple roles and subtasks as well as restrictions on what gear a questing character can use along the way.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am always in favor of adding content like this to the game. Saying that,I would avoid posting ideas here in UOStratics. People are so negitive here with any idea thats not their own. People here favor "cursing the darkness rather than lighting a candle" so to speak.Thats why I don't bother adding my ideas here anymore. :(