• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) [idea] A Siege Moment - Day of solidarity at SP

Do you like an idea of "A Siege Moment" event every week?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Recently HoldenCaulfield made great event - A Siege Moment. June 8th, 2014 - Siege WBB:

This inspired me for an small upgrade of HoldenCaulfield idea:

Lets make this event every week! Every week at the same time, at the same place - Britain bank - all people come to Brit bank for a 5 minutes.

Why to do so:
It would show that we are here! Siege Perilous is alive and we are welcome new players to join us!

Is it hard:
No! Just come with any character, with any outfit.

Event activities:
1) Find a friend! This event could unite SP community - now its already great, but new people would come at this event and may found new friends! At regular basis.
2) NEW guild activities. For example - Dedication (initiation? sorry for my English) to Siege Perilous knights. When player ending his NEW status and ready to go by himself - we could drink for his, apploud.. he would be part of community
3) Creative staff - music, poetry.. For example, one week could be week of poetry - people could read their favorite poems.. One day could be music day (all bring drums lol)

So.. Every short events is nice. 5 minutes is enough for a lot of funny things. Like flashmob hehe

This event could be "Peace Zone" - players from guilds which have wars, thief's and bully reds - all could have one calm moment. Of course there are would be fights and thief's who dont comply this agreement, but its not a problem - just even more fun at this event (but dont bring expensive staff in backpack there haha). Even if you a ghost at this event - you are part of Siege Perilous.

We could choose best day/time for it in next poll if this idea would be approved. Anyway, lets discuss it. I think Saturday is the best option, because there is the most online. Also a friday or sunday evening is good.

p.s.
Also its good to send pictures from this event at other forums or share in social networks:
1) copy URL of this picture - http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r662/uo_siege/BritBankPhoto06082014_Siege_zps058de936.png
2) post at other forums/soc.network groups. Don't need to lie about high online - lets be honest - I wrote that it was event "Lets come to the Brit bank". But even this picture shows, that there are people at SP. I personally posted it at 3 russian UO forums. Please, share it too!

Last edited:

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't complain if somebody tried to keep it going, but interest would dwindle if it were the same thing over and over.

I'd suggest something new, or at least a different activity at WBB every week while everybody gathered.

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't complain if somebody tried to keep it going, but interest would dwindle if it were the same thing over and over.

I'd suggest something new, or at least a different activity at WBB every week while everybody gathered.
Maybe we could have an event again in Britain. One of the coolest events I remember was in Brit a long time ago...the old bank was there and could gate on top still. I kinda forget but I think there were things like Captains, Generals and stuff like that. My tailor/fencer could only kill low end stuff but I had a blast just casting GH on our citizens dragons that were fighting high end stuff.

Folk were always out and about. That was what was neat about it.

Jack Nickelson

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think this is cute, and maybe every week you could give us a few choices on which will be our inspiration for the week and then we say what we want in the message boxes down here!

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think this is cute, and maybe every week you could give us a few choices on which will be our inspiration for the week and then we say what we want in the message boxes down here!
The main idea here: there is no organizer. Even if there is only one man at this event, for example YOU (human, who read this words) - its victory. Its mean that Siege is alive.

So what we need to do is to find day of the week and time. And never change it. One place, one day of the week, one time. All together.

But we could make proposal of theme of this event - someone could create topic with several ideas.. Some more ideas:
1) Ghost event. All comming as ghosts. Who dont wanna be ghosts (famous Lords and Ladies) could come in robes or just be healers who ressurect everyone at the end of event. It would be biggest ressurection in history of online games - for the Guinness World Records lol
2) Big drunk party. All come with booze... Yahhhooo!
3) Animal party. Everyone bring an animal - dogs, rats, dragons, unicorns.. All kind of living things. Also fresh fish is welcome hehe
4) Silent party. All come in silence. Staying 5 minutes and go back for their activities.
5) Naked party.. You understand me hehe. After all come in one place there could be BIG run to other Brit bank. Who came first (no magic or horses allowed) would have a prize (big fresh fish hehe)

So again.. There is no the main man. Just come and SHOW that you are HERE.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No offense but I'm not doing that every week. Plus I literally have like 10 minutes of spare time to play on SP right now. Events at a routine time, where most of the shard is online, and a person can easily come and go, would be best. I don't see the point of congregating at WBB. We should have an event, a game, or a competition of some kind.

Like naked wrestling fist fights, no pots or gear of any kind

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event not about governour or any single person, its self-organizing.
You need to read more attentively.

As an ungoverned, single person, he has informed you that he will not be attending.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs roll out another invasion!!! Oldschool style regular monsters were coming to brit from the despise area with generals leading them. That would really be great I think. But they don't seem to do stuff like that anymore.

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You need to read more attentively.

As an ungoverned, single person, he has informed you that he will not be attending.
Ok, sorry, now I understand :) Thanks! I though that he is meaning that he dont want to organize this event as governour. *too much ale today*

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Separated by a 696 hour stretch of non-ale-clubness, once per month.

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Where is our civil society? :) Ok, its seems to srart this events someone have to push it forward.

Anyway - which time SP has the biggest online?