• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'd like to point out

R

Ravahan

That its total BS that I get statloss from an NPC healer reskilling me. I happened to be on my faction char when someone was shouting for help with the crimson dragon. I went, I died, I found the healer. Now, alll the healers look the same when you're dead... I had no clue this was a zombie healer, intent on eating my newly rez'd brains. Not only do I get reskilled, but I go into STAT LOSS FOR 20 MINUTES!!! What a gigantic pain in my ass!!

Fix this, or stop the damned invasion. I'm not taking part anymore.

K

Kula

By this logic we should just close UO down to make sure you never get killed again. Or maybe you could leave factions if you don't like stat loss? And how can you not tell the difference between healers, stop being so careless and blaming others for your own actions.

I should add that I too got res killed by one of these healers, and I actually went back for another res (and then ran like hell) because I'm too lazy to wander around. I knew it was a hostile healer (on the first attempt as well) though. I don't see how I could have mistaken it for anything but. But I was surprised at how quickly it targeted me the first time.

R

Ravahan

By this logic we should just close UO down to make sure you never get killed again. Or maybe you could leave factions if you don't like stat loss? And how can you not tell the difference between healers, stop being so careless and blaming others for your own actions.
Dude, I didn't **** in your cheerios. Calm it on down. That statement has nothing at all to do with logic, as we both know it.

I should add that I too got res killed by one of these healers, and I actually went back for another res (and then ran like hell) because I'm too lazy to wander around. I knew it was a hostile healer (on the first attempt as well) though. I don't see how I could have mistaken it for anything but. But I was surprised at how quickly it targeted me the first time.
I didn't so much "go back" as I was forced to accept a second res from the same dude, since the healer was right on top of me and as soon as I hit "cancel" another "Allow yourself to be ressurected?" window would come up freezing me. Luckily, he didn't cast anything at me the second time and I managed to get away.

My beef is this; Either the aggessive NPCs shouldn't res, or the healers shouldn't be aggressive. I don't mind the stat loss so much if I actually die having fun. I'm aware this is a faction event. I just happened to be on a faction char when someone was requesting help for the crimson dragon (which does not give stat loss).

Obviously, I'm not much help with 1/3 of my skill points knocked off because of some stupid red healer lurking by the entrance to the healer's guild just waiting for some poor unsuspecting fellow to walk in.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like griefing to me. I say ban the healer and burn his hut as a message to other npc's who might be tempted to grief players.