• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ice Dungeon Gold Harvest for the Zoo

G

On Saturday January 5th the Patrons of the Royal Zoo will be hosting an event to help raise gold to support the Royal Zoo in Moonglow and all citizens are encouraged to help.

From 8:30 until 10pm eastern time, we will be maintaining gates from the zoo to the Ice Dungeon. Our goal is to transfer as much gold as possible from the denizens of that cold pit of hell into the welcoming coffers at the Zoo. Healers will also be on hand to help with any unfortunate accidents that may occur. Perhaps well financed citizens could persuade others to train them a White Wyrm for a small donation to the zoo as well

For those wishing to know more about how the Zoo operates, I suggest you look

here.

For those who wish to learn more about the Patrons of the Royal Zoo and our efforts to improve and promote the Zoo please come to our meetings on Sunday mornings at 10 am eastern time at the eastern entrance to the zoo.

G

The zoo has started its inevitable decline. Hopefully with enough support tonight we can hold onto our steed a bit longer!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Staggers near with ripped robe and blood dripping from face and hands, limps up to the entrance to the Brittannia Royal Zoo****

After my long "away" mission for Hogwarts (which I can speak nothing of) I thought I'd pay a visit to my favorite base in Felucca/Maginica. Upon my arrival things did not seem quite normal. A huge explosion engulfed me, as I began to loose consiousnes I heard a voice scream out the magical words to open a portal, I felt the hands grip my arm and toss me into the portal, and then my vision went black. When I awoke in New Haven I saw Cladin still not awake, as I dragged myself to my feet.
I quickly boarded my sea vessel and found my way back to what was left of Magincia. What happened I asked myself. How long had I been knocked out? Who saved me? Did they themselves servive? Or did they give their own life to save mine?
I traveled to the Brittania Royal Zoo to meet my with my good friend Rob, a young and newly dedicated tamer. He told me what he could. I decided that I needed to rest now and figure things out. I asked him to be my eyes and ears while I mend my wounds and try to make sense of this all. Rob assured me that the Zoo is in good hands with one 'Lord Jerimiah' at the helm. He has secured the beloved steed that the Zoo, and community is so proud of. "I'll do what I can Hagrid, just get better". Rob patted me on my shoulder as he headed out in search of wolves to tame for the Zoo. And I returned to the Inn to relax.
Hmmm, I bet my mind will be able to focus more with some fine ale in me, I cracked open a bottle of grog and began to chug it...maybe a nap is in order now...After a nap I'll be thinking more clearly.

****Lays back into bed and drifts off to sleep.****

G

Having recieved your pigeon Hagrid, I read the news of your return to our fair lands. It is good to know that an old friend has returned safely.
When the sun entered Capricorn I accepted, along with all of my "family" the challenge to enter the portal to the Kingdom Reborn. It was a shocking experience to awake in this place and only knowing that all of my dear friends are here (albeit they look somewhat unfamiliar still) and my pets keeps me from going mad.
Being still rather dazed, I sent two of our intrepid warriors; Tusann and Rosk'rish to Lord Jeremiah's campaign in the Ice Dungeon to obtain gold for the Zoo. A small but skilled and enthusiastic band of warriors and tamers slew the icy cold trolls, elementals and rats and took the haul of gold to the coffers of the Zoo.
Rest well Hagrid old friend. Lord Jeremiah and the Friends of the Royal Zoo will surely need your help in the future. Oh and do tell your young tamer friend to go out and get himself a good greater chicken trained up to compete in the contests.

G

Very good to hear of your return Hagrid! Nurse your wounds, many new tamers have stepped forth to answer the call to support our zoo but we look forward to your return! If you need a place to rest your weary head please let us know. If you seek a warm place to enjoy some ale, I have established a tavern and pet fight arena that I would be happy to introduce you to.

I met Rob this morning at our regular Sunday gathering at the zoo. We all cheered as he tamed his first wolf
It was not long after that he tempted all of our early morning stomachs with wolves to donate with names like cold pizza, hot pockets, sausage and eggs!

Please keep your eyes open for some new announcements from the Patrons of the Royal Zoo.

Please recognize that I am only one of many members of the Patrons of the Royal Zoo and happen to be the only one who happens to make announcements here.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Having recieved your pigeon Hagrid, I read the news of your return to our fair lands. It is good to know that an old friend has returned safely.
When the sun entered Capricorn I accepted, along with all of my "family" the challenge to enter the portal to the Kingdom Reborn. It was a shocking experience to awake in this place and only knowing that all of my dear friends are here (albeit they look somewhat unfamiliar still) and my pets keeps me from going mad.
Being still rather dazed, I sent two of our intrepid warriors; Tusann and Rosk'rish to Lord Jeremiah's campaign in the Ice Dungeon to obtain gold for the Zoo. A small but skilled and enthusiastic band of warriors and tamers slew the icy cold trolls, elementals and rats and took the haul of gold to the coffers of the Zoo.
Rest well Hagrid old friend. Lord Jeremiah and the Friends of the Royal Zoo will surely need your help in the future. Oh and do tell your young tamer friend to go out and get himself a good greater chicken trained up to compete in the contests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh. I have yet to make the "Leap" myself. I suppose old habits are difficult to break. Where-as some of the creatures I'm told look good, I'm also told that the Ki-rins do resemble more of a normal looking wolf. Know of any good threads with KR pictures of all the pets?

G

I beleive the catalogue of animals on stratics has been updated with pictures from KR as well as the legacy client. I haven't checked it myslef. Perhaps this week I too will take the KR plunge.....

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my...sounds like everyone is making the change. ****Sobs**** I still miss my 3d client.
My favorite creature in the 3d client was the fire steed. I have a screen-shot of one. But I wish there would have been a way to have "captured" an animated gif of one running though...it had the coolest looking "flame tracers" on its hooves as it ran. Ahhhh, good times. Believe it or not once-a-ponna time the fire steed was the very first creature in all of UO that I really wanted, causing me to make a tamer.

Sorry, I was rambling. I'm up kinda late (insomnia) its 3am now maybe I should try to get some sleep.