• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I would like a reply to this Statement

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Righty o ...Listen up folks!!

Just enjoy UO for what it is...A game u do what damn well anything u want to do....So just do what u like doing...UO is your game so play it how u want..

Remember one thing...The person with less than 1m happily living in small tower and the person with 5 billion and 2 castles and all the rares in the UO world...

The day UO finally fades..and closes its doors for good..All the pixels will be gone..The checks will be gone the houses will be gone etc etc.

Think about it.

Have Fun , Enjoy UO and Good luck on your travels through Britania.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can never seem to hoard alot of gold, most I had at one time was 50 million, half of which I gave to my wife.
I know the thing with "half of it I gave to my wife" quite well, however in a different context.

By the way: who cares so much about making uo gold? You should enjoy the game, I suppose, not counting pixel-money...

regards

R

RavenWinterHawk

Righty o ...Listen up folks!!

Just enjoy UO for what it is...A game u do what damn well anything u want to do....So just do what u like doing...UO is your game so play it how u want..

Remember one thing...The person with less than 1m happily living in small tower and the person with 5 billion and 2 castles and all the rares in the UO world...

The day UO finally fades..and closes its doors for good..All the pixels will be gone..The checks will be gone the houses will be gone etc etc.

Think about it.

Have Fun , Enjoy UO and Good luck on your travels through Britania.
Actually, this is the truth. Its a game. I thinks it funny everyone tends to think others ruin it for them. Your small tower statement is wisdom.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While working a full time job (60-70 hrs/week, 6 days/week) I'd made my first 100mil in UO within the first few months of playing

Let us say 10 months for easy Math. That should cover the first few months. 10 mill a month 2.5 mill a week. This is a new character as the quote implies. While other players are still working skills and trying to buy a house you have made 2.5 mill a week for 10 months equals 100 mill. Now to avoid another warning I will let the public judge this statement.

I doubt he is a script monkey, sometimes a pain in the neck, :p :p :p but aint we all, making gold UO has always been EASY especially since Age of S$%$, was released, the beauty of UO is you can do and be any character you want in UO, be it a hunter, PK, tamer, merchant, etc, some people like making gold, others like myself, just play the game and what will be will be, items and gold have never been important to me as it is to some, maybe if we all stopped pancakes about how much gold others make, and just PLAY the game, it would be much more enjoyable. rolleyes::bdh:

With the exception of script monkey's they should be hung, drawn and quartered.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares how much gold Connor does or doesn't have....

He's still a trammy noob who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper sack.

Doesn't matter if he has more gold, better weapons and armor, a luna vendor house.... He'd still be saying "OOooOoOoOOo" if he ran into me in game.

In the end that's all that really matters.

:lick:

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While working a full time job (60-70 hrs/week, 6 days/week) I'd made my first 100mil in UO within the first few months of playing

Let us say 10 months for easy Math. That should cover the first few months. 10 mill a month 2.5 mill a week. This is a new character as the quote implies. While other players are still working skills and trying to buy a house you have made 2.5 mill a week for 10 months equals 100 mill. Now to avoid another warning I will let the public judge this statement.

Maybe he was just stretching the truth a bit?

Since I am a stay at home mom I could probably do those numbers in that amount of time on a new shard with a new character through idocing.

Except that I couldn't do it if I had to spend 60-70 hours a week at work.

C

Connor_Graham

Maybe he was just stretching the truth a bit?
Nope.

ToT ran for 90 days. That's an average of 11 minor arties per day to make the 1000 that I got. They were dropping at the rate of 5-6/hour, so in basically 2 hours I got the 11 easily.

First I was called a cheater.

Then I was called a scripter.

Then I was called a liar.

Now I'm being called a "little white liar" or "fibber" or whatever catch phrase you want to use to describe "stretching the truth".

Really people, use your damn heads, and if that fails ya, I'm sure you've got a calculator around somewhere. If not, I'm sure there's one built into your computer.

:twak:

I honestly never would have imagined so many people cared so much about what I do or don't do in game, and what I have or don't have.

What's funny is only one person has actually ASKED how to make a mil a day, and I gladly told him.

I guess the lynch mob wouldn't be happy without a lynchee.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, if there would be anything to do in uo I suppose not ONE thread like this one would make its way into any forum. Some hint concerning bored people. :sleep2:

regards

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly never would have imagined so many people cared so much about what I do or don't do in game, and what I have or don't have.

What's funny is only one person has actually ASKED how to make a mil a day, and I gladly told him.

I guess the lynch mob wouldn't be happy without a lynchee.
I have to pop in here and say That I totally agree with you on the ease of makeing money around events. I have done it time and time again. The latest involving the ML expansion.

Just to set the scene: I had quit UO entirely about a year before ML came out. I had quit with the intention of never coming back. I let houses and items rot. When I came back JUST after ML came out I did maybe 20 min of research on the new content. I had a GM LJ character so the info on the new wood and its value toward collection points caught my eye. After a quick price check on the wood I realized frostwood was selling for 100+ per!

I spent a week chopping every waking non working minute of every day. I found 16 tram spots with fairly high yield. Now lets do the math on that:

100gp per frostwood board x 10 frostwood per chop = 1000gp per chop
@1 chop per second x 60 seconds = $60k frostwood per minute!

Now at this point in time I'll cut that number in half due to drop off/new spot recall times, conversion to boards, hauling the wood to the bank, deeding it and placing those deeds on a vendor. Hell I'll even cut it to 33%... 20k/minute. Thats 1.2 mil an hour... and I could not keep my vendor stocked! I chopped as much as my numb hand would allow. In the end making just over 120mil. 100 hours of chopping, recalling, converting to boards hauling and deeding boards.

Thos are pretty loose estimates but the end number was quite real. I never considered just how much time I spent doing it. I knew it wouldn't last so I got it while the getting was good.

So... if you created a new char and got him to max strength while GMing LJ, aquired a 100%LRC suit... at the time ML came out you could have made aprox 1.2 mil/hour.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I have to pop in here and say That I totally agree with you on the ease of makeing money around events. I have done it time and time again. The latest involving the ML expansion.

Just to set the scene: I had quit UO entirely about a year before ML came out. I had quit with the intention of never coming back. I let houses and items rot. When I came back JUST after ML came out I did maybe 20 min of research on the new content. I had a GM LJ character so the info on the new wood and its value toward collection points caught my eye. After a quick price check on the wood I realized frostwood was selling for 100+ per!

I spent a week chopping every waking non working minute of every day. I found 16 tram spots with fairly high yield. Now lets do the math on that:

100gp per frostwood board x 10 frostwood per chop = 1000gp per chop
@1 chop per second x 60 seconds = $60k frostwood per minute!

Now at this point in time I'll cut that number in half due to drop off/new spot recall times, conversion to boards, hauling the wood to the bank, deeding it and placing those deeds on a vendor. Hell I'll even cut it to 33%... 20k/minute. Thats 1.2 mil an hour... and I could not keep my vendor stocked! I chopped as much as my numb hand would allow. In the end making just over 120mil. 100 hours of chopping, recalling, converting to boards hauling and deeding boards.

Thos are pretty loose estimates but the end number was quite real. I never considered just how much time I spent doing it. I knew it wouldn't last so I got it while the getting was good.

So... if you created a new char and got him to max strength while GMing LJ, aquired a 100%LRC suit... at the time ML came out you could have made aprox 1.2 mil/hour.
Im with you.

The interesting thing about the GAME economy is there are dozens of entry points.

Any new player can jump in.

I ran an experiment on Sonoma. I made millions fast just setting up vendors and doing the halloween event. YEAH begging.

You can bring a horse to water but you .....

well you know how it is.

R

RavenWinterHawk

In the MMO world it's both.
Its working the game for game satisfaction.

I garden. Its damn hard work turning the earth. I dont get paid for it. It is still work even though its a hobby I enjoy.

T

timbeOFbaja

You guys remind me of this kid in Economics in high school. We had a two week period where we were supposed to play the stock market with virtual money. This kid ended up parlaying $2,000 into over $10,000 in that time. I asked him how he did it and he showed me the penny stocks he was trading. Of course, contrary to the assignment he was making his trades after the fact.

Working 12 hours a day and factoring in travel and sleep and eating and doing things like, say, laundry, and given that you had zero other interests or hobbies to spend those remaining two hours every day of the week and that the best possible scenario for each hunting trip was realized and that you, from keen observation, knew the prices of these items would drop rather than increase in value over time or vice versa depending on the item......sure, you could have made a decent sum of money. But what this really reeks of is revisionist history.

R

RavenWinterHawk

You guys remind me of this kid in Economics in high school. We had a two week period where we were supposed to play the stock market with virtual money. This kid ended up parlaying $2,000 into over $10,000 in that time. I asked him how he did it and he showed me the penny stocks he was trading. Of course, contrary to the assignment he was making his trades after the fact.

Working 12 hours a day and factoring in travel and sleep and eating and doing things like, say, laundry, and given that you had zero other interests or hobbies to spend those remaining two hours every day of the week and that the best possible scenario for each hunting trip was realized and that you, from keen observation, knew the prices of these items would drop rather than increase in value over time or vice versa depending on the item......sure, you could have made a decent sum of money. But what this really reeks of is revisionist history.

Work up begging.
Beg during Halloween Event in Jhelom pits.
Beg when you have a minute.
You could sell the rare items for between 250k and 750k.

You didnt need to do anything special.

Chop wood. Sell wood. Nothing special.

Mine ore sell ore. Nothing special.

Oh, I sold blackrock for 500k a piece when cloak of corruption was hot.

RUBBLE. millions.

NEW PLANTS millions. 1 hour killing dozens of new seeds. 10 minutes a day tending. Drop them on a vendor for 25k to 100k. Millions.

None of this takes but an hour a day max.

M

MYUO

Everytime I say or I hear people talking about this and that "millions of gold", I feel sorry for UO. Years of wild scripting/duping/exploiting flood UO with so much gold that many players don't loot gold from monsters' corpses any more. For some ppl, it may feel good to talk about "making millions". To me, that is a sad thing to say because everytime I get a boatload of those checks from my vendors, I know 99% of them are directly or indirectly from cheaters who have ruined the game and made themself "rich".

A new player can get that much gold only with a lot of help from "experienced" players and many hours of gaming. That itself has nothing wrong with it.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,
What about buyers?

And I have been buying dye tubs for 60k and selling them for 90k. My point. Buying and reselling doesnt jack up the prices. Quantity always trumps price increase. New items, I sell for a lot. Why? Players with lots of gold dont mind paying for it.

Does it hurt the new player? Nope. Why? Well eventually the supply trumps demand and price falls. Anyone with patience can avoid paying high prices. There are hundreds of items that were expensive and now are affordable.

Finally, its a game. Its an imperfekt economee. Amount of gold per item has no ill toward new players. Why? A new player can come in at anytime as sell for top gold. New player, new event, gets items and sells it for up to millions. Immediately they have millions. The economy works with respect to getting value for your items. NOW if you dont know what you have, thats not the game fault.

And finally finally, nothing is real. I dont see how you are really effected. What cant you get that others have?

You can go to Doom right?
You can do peerless right?
You can attend events and sell the items you get?
You can xshard and go to EM events on asain shards?
You can shop vendors and resell?
You can do power scrolls?
You can trade items?

All the new vet rewards could make you millions now. SELL THEM and buy them back in a few months cheaper.

I agree with you on DUPERS and scripters. The create gold faster then it can be absorb.

The create items that are supposedly "rare". Well for every item they create there is a buyer. I dont buy them. I have never bought a server birth rare or event item. No way. They are so duped its embarrassing.

Fix the dupes and scripting and let everyone a playing field play fair.

OH and finally finally finally, the old and boring example of the new player just stinks anymore. If your new, you pay your hard knocks. You learn, you grow. Any new player can step into the game.

How? Well come see me and Ill give you 1 or 2 million seed money. Its easy.
Just dont have a stupid name like GaNSTa MamA. Its silly.
I hope your 1st line is tongue in cheek because you can buy dye tubs at any tailor shop fo 8gp. My hope is that you were really talking about vet reward dye tubs, if not, you are sure making a huge profit.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everytime I say or I hear people talking about this and that "millions of gold", I feel sorry for UO. Years of wild scripting/duping/exploiting flood UO with so much gold that many players don't loot gold from monsters' corpses any more. For some ppl, it may feel good to talk about "making millions". To me, that is a sad thing to say because everytime I get a boatload of those checks from my vendors, I know 99% of them are directly or indirectly from cheaters who have ruined the game and made themself "rich".

A new player can get that much gold only with a lot of help from "experienced" players and many hours of gaming. That itself has nothing wrong with it.
I feel the same way. While I made that incredible anmount of money chopping wood. I only invested that much time into it because as I had mentioned I had quit with no intent on coming back and all my stuff rotted in my houses. I way overpaid getting my house plots back and bought most of the items (vet rewards, colored anvils, etc) I had before to re-decorate. I had about 60mill left when all was said and done. Before I quit what I had represented 5 years of work.... mining ingots and selling them mostly. I was a little upset that I could replace everything I worked for over those years... in a little over a month... and have 60 mil to play with.

While I love being a merchant (Gheed is a merchant in the first act "rouge encampment" of Diablo II), I love playing with my other chars too... t-hunter, tamer, chiv archer... too many combos to mention. Now these days I sell stuff not for the money but to buy things to make the non-merchant parts of my game more enjoyable. But crafting will always be my first love in this game. I hope embuing is built to realize every potential it could have. I hope it doesnt fall victum to "We didn't have time for that".

U

UOKaiser

Not that many hours of gaming and the help from experience player is only knowledge. The new player can get it if he just read this thread and listen to the ways to make money all a new player needs to do is gain knowledge. Back in the days those with over 100 thousand gold where the rich players of uo. And people said how can they make so much money when it took me so long and i almost have enough for a boat. Flashforward 11 years since that time more money being coming in and item prices being raised. You hear how do these people make 100's millions when it takes me so long to make a million.
Hell gold from creatures is only a small way to get money and its one of the most time consuming ways. People pvp and they get insurance money but they lose it as well so its one of the worst ways as they end up evening out,unless it invollves powerscrolls and champs. Craft proffesions are very profitable but extremly time consuming though the items you get from 2 hours of whatever craft resource gathering sells it self on the wonderful venders. Events and new items are the best money makers and least time consuming.
Peerless,doom are time consuming but grab a few doom arties in a week and youre well on youre way to youre 100 mil. Peerless items sell extrwemly high so again your on youre way to youre 100 mil.

Now if a player prefers to go kill deamons and lower end cretures all day you will put in too much time for very low reward when they can go spend there time making gold. Which is once again the wonderful thing thats uo youre not forced to do anything.You can do whatever you want how ever you like to play to have fun. If making gold is fun for the person then thats what they do. If running around naked or bank sitting is there prefered method of fun they can do that to. They want to compete against other players then they go and do that as well. theres no limit. So expect a player that has fun making gold to have alot of it.

C

Corrupted Goblin

I dont understand does this guy just not know how to play the game and hes crying that others do. Making money in this game is easy as hell. Just killing LL's you can make a couple mil a day just from looting gold.

C

Connor_Graham

I dont understand does this guy just not know how to play the game and hes crying that others do. Making money in this game is easy as hell. Just killing LL's you can make a couple mil a day just from looting gold.
I think it's along the lines of someone doesn't know how something can be done, so because they can't do it or don't know how, the person that can gets called a cheater, scripter, and liar. Funny thing is I'd have been more than happy to explain how to make that kind of gold to anyone that cared to ask, but no one did. Instead I get called a cheater, scripter, and liar.

*shrugs*

Oh well. Maybe I'll go pull a Scrooge McDuck and go roll around in the piles of gold in my money vault.....:D

C

Corrupted Goblin

I think it's along the lines of someone doesn't know how something can be done, so because they can't do it or don't know how, the person that can gets called a cheater, scripter, and liar. Funny thing is I'd have been more than happy to explain how to make that kind of gold to anyone that cared to ask, but no one did. Instead I get called a cheater, scripter, and liar.

*shrugs*

Oh well. Maybe I'll go pull a Scrooge McDuck and go roll around in the piles of gold in my money vault.....:D

Just dont forget the screen shots my freind

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If all you care about is making money in this game, then there are many legit ways to do that quickly. While I know a couple of people that UO wealth is their yardstick of success, I know so many more that could care less about what they have in their bank. Just as long as they have enough to cover the insurance loss for that day. They play to have fun...whether that be RP, rares collecting, PVP, PVM, champ spawns, peerless, or just sitting in their house all night talking to friends.

C

Connor_Graham

Just dont forget the screen shots my freind
Nah, I'm not worried about it. My house didn't get burned down and my account didn't get banned, plus I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks or has to say on the matter. The people that matter know what's what, and that's good enough for me. Strange that so many people are ready to accuse me of all kinds of things, yet only one person (that didn't accuse anyone of anything oddly enough) asked HOW it could be done. That person now has instructions on how to make a mil a day with only a couple of hours of time invested. Oh well, c'est la vie

I do find it quite hilarious that I got my own thread though. :D

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Anyone with patience can avoid paying high prices. There are hundreds of items that were expensive and now are affordable."

I can't agree, people still have issues buying items from previous expansions. You have a trader's view on this.
To trade and sell an item which you NEED TO USE PERSONALLY because say, you PvP or PvM, you need to have it at least a couple of times.
SA's delay gave new people even more time to catch up- and yet not everyone has, say, Crimson Cinctures nor has their price fallen. Nor do they even have ToT items or Chargers Of The Fallen. Just naming some examples. Mind, if the prices fall a trader quickly buys the item and re-sells next day more expensive. This cycle keeps the price high and gets it even higher in fact. Last year's expensive is today's cheap in UO and a new-comer is intimidated just by looking at Price Tag: 10 Million.

"New player, new event, gets items and sells it for up to millions. Immediately they have millions."

First off millions get you nowhere these days. Try billion(s) for serious accounts.
Events are like the Lotto. Can't be based on them and if you're new you probably aren't equipped to fight properly. If you could, you'd be correct. I won't even go into corruption in that area! As for the rest, a new-comer cannot go into Doom and make more than they lose including skulls for as long as their first months of play. Even people from other games like WoW have a really hard time understanding Ultima.
I managed to get a friend to check UO ON A READY CHARACTER on a spare account of mine.. and he was TOTALLY lost. He then made his own character and from there he instantly quit. I've personally seen this more than 2 times during the last 2 years. I've also seen people leave UO for WoW and other games and never look back- believe it or not.

"I don't see how you are really effected. What can't you get that others have?"

In this case, I cannot for instance get a couple of millions per day. Not only because it eludes me but because gold-farming nausea gets to me after 10-11 years.

"All the new vet rewards could make you millions now. SELL THEM and buy them back in a few months cheaper."

I have not enough choices, I'll end up BUYING instead of selling. I am not alone in this. And I am not crying about it, just saying. Imagine how a new-comer feels. And it was stupid to put most of the usefull stuff 1st Year because 1st Year players don't even have 2 choices.

"I agree with you on DUPERS and scripters. They create gold faster than it can be absorbed."

Thus gold becomes cheaper. And unlike gold you would legitimately make, it's there 24/7. Not to mention that to me, spending my earned money for virtual money is totally legitimate. Instead of my character, I work.. To put it very simply. If someone believes I'm stupid for doing this that's their opinion and I am fine by it. I'm enjoying myself in this game the way I believe I should be. Since you say the market is flaw-less and works like a charm I shouldn't be causing much harm with my purchases for real life money.

"Fix scripting and let everyone a playing field play fair."

..If you do that and deny me of the gold I would buy with real life money (as a new player) you're putting between me and you a chasm of riches and items I will never cross. Unless I get lucky in an Event maybe or I accept to be ****-poor and out of competition for the next 3 or possibly 4 years if I want to PvP especially.

"How? Well come see me and Ill give you 1 or 2 million seed money. It's easy.
Just dont have a stupid name like GaNSTa MamA. It's silly."

That's part of what I meant when I mentioned finding nice people, being nice yourself, having a bit of patience and will to play and so on. But just being patient will get you nowhere. In my case even trying to "work" the game did not pay off.

Finally there should be alternatives but they are rejected time and again which I completely fail to understand.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can chop wood and burn all the normal wood types in heartwood doing the arch support quest to get a heartwood runic saw boom 15m in your pocket with almost no skill needed to complete the tasks and very little time involved.

10 heartwood runic kits 150m and you can do it with 200 total skill points and well under 10 months time.

C

Connor_Graham

a new-comer cannot go into Doom and make more than they lose including skulls for as long as their first months of play.
Then how do you explain how I got an Orny my 2nd month playing UO on a 110 Fencer?

C

Connor_Graham

You can chop wood and burn all the normal wood types in heartwood doing the arch support quest to get a heartwood runic saw boom 15m in your pocket with almost no skill needed to complete the tasks and very little time involved.

10 heartwood runic kits 150m and you can do it with 200 total skill points and well under 10 months time.
Yup. The Bowyer quests are good for this also, and the runics sell quicker.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a lazy and scatterbrained UO player. I think the most gold I've had at one point in checks is 40 million. However, considering I will burn through gold on some of the dumbest things (a few million for gems to craft into exceptional jewelry to give away at an event, a library talisman with exceptional alchemy for a wisp statue one of my roleplay characters wants to make, houses for random player towns that die), I've probably made a good bit more in my time.

One hundred million doesn't seem that big a stretch for a player focused on making it. Shall I give examples of easy ways to make gold that people have passed up on? Cross-shard trading Heritage tokens: do 10 shards, get 100 heritage tokens, sell for 200k each over a few months, earn 20 million. I actually didn't sell that many of my tokens (still have 50 or so sitting somewhere), but the few I did sell were really time consuming to put on a vendor. There were many times I considered a script for pricing a few heritage tokens at 200,000 (joke).

Treasures of Tokuno. Rubble. Spring cleaning tickets - I think I got like 75,000 in tickets the last night before the patch doing plague beast lords which is 2.6 million at the extremely low price of 35 per. This leaves out the insanity of the free 25k tickets from Melissa and Casca.

I have 3 legendary skills on my accounts. I have used 4 legendary scrolls; still working swordsmanship on my paladin who I rarely play. I think people underestimate the value of Elder. The few artifacts on got in Doom (I haven't actually been there since the changes) were on a character with no skills over elder.

I spend a majority of my time in game doing random things like roleplaying, yet I can make enough money and get enough decent items to have a boat-load of fun. I don't think Connor needs to apologize for other players' mediocrity. IF you don't like the value of your bank balance, do something about it. Do it without scripts or cheating, but do it with style and some original thinking and things will change.

U

UOKaiser

I am a lazy and scatterbrained UO player. I think the most gold I've had at one point in checks is 40 million. However, considering I will burn through gold on some of the dumbest things (a few million for gems to craft into exceptional jewelry to give away at an event, a library talisman with exceptional alchemy for a wisp statue one of my roleplay characters wants to make, houses for random player towns that die), I've probably made a good bit more in my time.

One hundred million doesn't seem that big a stretch for a player focused on making it. Shall I give examples of easy ways to make gold that people have passed up on? Cross-shard trading Heritage tokens: do 10 shards, get 100 heritage tokens, sell for 200k each over a few months, earn 20 million. I actually didn't sell that many of my tokens (still have 50 or so sitting somewhere), but the few I did sell were really time consuming to put on a vendor. There were many times I considered a script for pricing a few heritage tokens at 200,000 (joke).

Treasures of Tokuno. Rubble. Spring cleaning tickets - I think I got like 75,000 in tickets the last night before the patch doing plague beast lords which is 2.6 million at the extremely low price of 35 per. This leaves out the insanity of the free 25k tickets from Melissa and Casca.

I have 3 legendary skills on my accounts. I have used 4 legendary scrolls; still working swordsmanship on my paladin who I rarely play. I think people underestimate the value of Elder. The few artifacts on got in Doom (I haven't actually been there since the changes) were on a character with no skills over elder.

I spend a majority of my time in game doing random things like roleplaying, yet I can make enough money and get enough decent items to have a boat-load of fun. I don't think Connor needs to apologize for other players' mediocrity. IF you don't like the value of your bank balance, do something about it. Do it without scripts or cheating, but do it with style and some original thinking and things will change.
Dont uovender program still work. Its a approved ea program i believe and i think it allows you to just send all the pricing to the uo. Dont remmerber being a long while.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont uovender program still work. Its a approved ea program i believe and i think it allows you to just send all the pricing to the uo. Dont remmerber being a long while.
I was joking about scripting putting a few things on my vendor. I never put too many of anything on at a time to avoid 1) high vendor fees when things sell slowly and 2) flooding the market so people won't buy.

I will say that a Luna vendor is the Rumpelstilsken of UO, turning junk into gold, gold, and more gold.

U

UOKaiser

I was joking about scripting putting a few things on my vendor. I never put too many of anything on at a time to avoid 1) high vendor fees when things sell slowly and 2) flooding the market so people won't buy.

I will say that a Luna vendor is the Rumpelstilsken of UO, turning junk into gold, gold, and more gold.
Ah though i was looking into the uo vendor peogram on stratics its way behind the times but whith some modification its duoble. And number 2) i hate when youre there slowly selling a item so you dont flood the market then someone comes along putting 100's of said item.

U

UltimaSword

All I read was Connor's first post in this thread and I must say this. If you work toward it. It can happen. I have been playing on and off for six years. If I wanted to I could focus hardcore on getting lots of gold... I could focus hardcore on getting all my chars 6X 120 or 7X 100. The thing is what I do is just screw around a lot. I have fun in my opinion. I am sure Connor had fun farming tokuno arties. It is all in what you want to do. Everyone will not have the same result with what they do in-game.

I do not even think my post had much to do with this thread LOL

C

Connor_Graham

All I read was Connor's first post in this thread and I must say this. If you work toward it. It can happen.
That's exactly my feeling on the subject.

I have been playing on and off for six years. If I wanted to I could focus hardcore on getting lots of gold... I could focus hardcore on getting all my chars 6X 120 or 7X 100. The thing is what I do is just screw around a lot. I have fun in my opinion.
Having fun is what matters. The great thing is, every playstyle has a way to make a lot of gold if the person takes the time to figure out how. The problem is that people monster bash for hours on end, then try and tell others there's no way they can make the amount of gold that they do, not realizing that monster bashing is the slowest way possible to make any amount of gold.

I am sure Connor had fun farming tokuno arties. It is all in what you want to do. Everyone will not have the same result with what they do in-game.
I had a blast while I was doing it. I was still building Connor's skills at that time, and was able to take him from 80ish skills all the way up to 110 in Fencing, and GM in everything else. Before Tokuno was even over, my character was ready for Doom, and was wearing ToT arties when he went there.

I do not even think my post had much to do with this thread LOL
Nope, you were right on track.