• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I want to start hosting tournament events here in Catskills

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
From the moment I returned from my hiatus,it has been on my mind that I would like to start hosting tournament events for the players here. But I want to first test the waters to see how much interest there would be for single and double elimination tournaments along with round-robin 'seasons' when time allows.

I will soon post a separate thread stating when and where the tournament will occur and how to sign up to enter. I just wanted to post this to kind of gauge the level of interest that the player base would have in such of an undertaking. Has anyone else done this and what are the results? What are your thoughts about this? Good idea? Bad idea?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the best ways to hold the tournaments without going to Felluca, is to have a tournament stone. Those not in HL'd guilds can join the stone for the match, and you arrange in advance for the other guilds to HL the Tourny stone. Past that you will need to pair up highlighted folks with each other. This does make things a wee bit harder.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That's true and I will be making a stone so I can do that. Otherwise,I'll probably still hold the event in Fel anyway just in case a player with a red character wants to join the event.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods* PGoH held a tourny or two in Felluca. If you need a hand with anything shoot me a message.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would participate. far from the best pvp character right now so wouldnt plan on winning, but would enjoy participating. I know your just testing the waters, but what type of tournament? any gear / template limitations ? potion use, magery only, poisoning, etc.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also look into the arenas for your tournaments. What I would suggest is to look at your rules very carefully to make sure that exactly what you want is what you say. I can't count the number of times we had to redo the joust rules because someone found a loophole.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven Arena is nice :)

I was thinking of returning the Catskills PvP Ladder tournament, but that would be specifically for the PvP community with standings and all that jazz... pretty little websites and awards and features. :D I've only gotten better over the years at that!

I am looking forward to the PGoH Jousting Tournaments.... we did love those back in the day.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would participate. far from the best pvp character right now so wouldnt plan on winning, but would enjoy participating. I know your just testing the waters, but what type of tournament? any gear / template limitations ? potion use, magery only, poisoning, etc.
What I envision is an open tournament where any template and gear would be allowed. The brackets I would use would be double elimination if it's seven players or less and single elimination for eight players or more.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Haven Arena is nice :)

I was thinking of returning the Catskills PvP Ladder tournament, but that would be specifically for the PvP community with standings and all that jazz... pretty little websites and awards and features. :D I've only gotten better over the years at that!

I am looking forward to the PGoH Jousting Tournaments.... we did love those back in the day.
A ladder tournament could be interesting. I would also like to have a round-robin season where the those that are competing will log wins and loses that will be posted here on Stratics.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thom,where are these arenas located?
To be honest the only one I'm sure about is the one in old haven. I looked at it briefly for the joust. I'm sure someone knows where the others are though.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T2A, sort of near the Khaldun Altar, I am more than happy to show you.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing, nothing what so ever. Simply helping out a fellow player that is all. I have no idea what Va'lis is insinuating nor do I know why he put words like that in my mouth. I think it is the blackrock in his pocket. Speaking of which I was meandering through Moonglow the other day and accidentally found a warehouse full of it. What is that about anyway?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*gasps*
The fiend, I am sure he is planning to blow up rival cities with his stash. After all, his term is abut up, and Moonglow still stands. He should be watched, but by whom?

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In the arena stone menu,I see that a fee can be charged for the ones that enter the area battle.If I host a battle,does that mean I have access to that fee for prize redistribution?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
In the arena stone menu,I see that a fee can be charged for the ones that enter the area battle.If I host a battle,does that mean I have access to that fee for prize redistribution?

I believe it is Winner Takes All but I am not positive.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Biggest pitfall I faced was lack of highlights for some of the fighters. Being that I held mine in Trammel at my Tavern, it sometimes became a bit hard if those that highlighted within the RP community came to join the tourney. My solutions at that time were to either temporarily add the combatants to my guild, or match the folks up with others they were highlighted to an offer a second prize.

I ran anything from a full gear and arties allowed fest to naked Celtic fighting. Some of the tourneys I supplied the gear and weapons that were allowed, and have folks on the side that kept inspecting the person to assure compliance. I think in all the time I ran tourneys I only had one time when someone tried to cheat. They were banned from the next two tournaments. I always tried to never cut anyone out for too long.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ill enter itll be fun. my current pvp characters arent exactly top notch, but itll be fun to see how i do.