• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think im really playing partime uo for good.

G

I know ive said it before! But, I think my time is at an end here. Ive played for years, quit or taken breaks before. But this time I have closed my second account. And im going to be closing my main. I have never closed my main account even when i quit before or took a break....

I cant stand what UO has become. In the last three weeks ive barely logged on. I think ive maybe logged on for a few hours total in those three weeks. I have a second baby coming irl and Ive been working alot irl. So those are factoring into my decision.

I may pop in from time to time to bank sit with the Sorcon and what not but I just dont have the heart for uo anymore....

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> if you think this gets you out of posting baby pics, wrong </font>

G

It is! I have sat on these accounts, at times barely logging in over a large chunk of time, yet paying every month. Sometimes I think dump it all in the trash can, but can never take that final step, and always hoping tomorrow will be a better day for UO.

Best of luck to you Omni, whatever you decide.

D

Deadly Shadow

Best of wishes for you and your family. Stay safe

G

UO is a wonderful place to act out many things.

At your stage of game level, I am sure you could take up the role of "great philanthropist".

What ever you decide, may you find your hands filled with great blessing effortlessly, and your heart brimming with joy as you discover worthy loved ones everywhere you look in your life.

And congratulations on your new family member.

Your friends,
Mal and Ally

G

You won't be gone long, you never are.
But since you're leaving anyway.....can I have your stuff? LOL

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple"> if you think this gets you out of posting baby pics, wrong </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, true

I

imported_Green Destiny

another long timer gone

hook me up with yo stuff

E

eolsunder1

Yea I know exactly how you feel, ive felt that way in the past few months. Most of the time when I get on now its either for a guild meeting, or i wind up just sitting around the bank. I started on catskills and been on legend for about 5 years, and really its kinda hard to take interest in any of it, and the things I still have interest in, no one else does.

I've done most everything.. Trading in the early years, towers full of bods when they came out, towers full of plants when they came out, about the only thing I like doing now is Peerless, and you know the last time I found people who did some of the peerless like Prox, Travesty, Grizzle? Years. If its not Mel, or maybe Dreadhorn, people don't do them.

Back in November I told myself that I'd give it a last try and see if i can get people to actually do anything (cept doom now of course). In those 4+ months. Nope. Not one trip to any peerless cept Mel and Dreadhorn. Zilch. Hey everyone, lets fight the Tokumo spawn for fun.. Nope. I did have fun with my TMC guild trying to do the twisted wield champ, but I knew from the start we wouldn't finish that, we didn't have nearly enough people to kill off paragon cu's and satyrs. But at least we did something.

But then I sit down and think. The montly fee isn't much, heck i spend more than 10 bucks a day on fast food while working. And if i get bored, so what, i take a break for a few months and can get back on later. Maybe something might change, then again, maybe not.

All I can say is.. if you sell off your accounts or house, you can't get them back. If you wish to quit for a while do so, its good to take a break once in a while, but

1) Keep your characters, fill up their bank boxes with all your really valuable stuff so in case you come back you have a nice stock.

2) Unless you have a castle, there isn't any real need to keep an account active for another house. And if you have a castle.. Hey, they probably won't be any more expensive when you come back since UO really doesn't have any recruitment for players. Chances are you can buy a new one cheaper in the future.

So take a break, do other things. If UO really calls you, you'll be back. If not, you can always sell off later. Don't throw stuff away just because your not having fun now. I always ALWAYS regret selling my origional account on catskills. Not that my new characters aren't fun, but my origional account was my first, and that one i remember the best.

G

Omni darling, I said the same things 4 years ago when I walked away and I realized my kids and my job and my family needed me at that time so, I walked away. It is hard to do but I did it the easy way. I GOT RID OF MY COMPUTER TOO! At times this game is like an addiction, a drug, you need it, you love it, you hate it, and you just can't imagine you life without your UO friends and family. I find there are days when I wish I could log on and see everyone then I realize, it has been 4 years and most are gone now. *cries* The boards drew me back in and I probably will come back one day, but now I am enjoying what I have in my life and let me tell you REAL LIFE can be fun and just as exciting as UO. I have some of the best friends in the world in my life now and I couldn't play 18hours a day anymore, but I remember if it wasn't for some of YOU crazy people in that time of my life I wouldn't have made it and I gotta thank you and some of the others and they know who they are. BIG O go make your life wonderful and complete and remember UO for what it was not what it is now. I truly can say I love you and I hope the best for you and your family darling.

They need to have a support group like UO anonymous for us junkies baby!!

Kisses and hugs to you and your lovely babies and your wife.

G

Omni sir please just shut up lolz.Ill be back tommorow,Im still in texas but ill be back tommorow night and well be back sir.Just hold tight or you gonna make me come talk to you irl lolz! Dont do it though Id rather you leave your account open with the hope that youll log in every now and again instead of you havin it turned off and know you WONT be loggin in at all.This texas trip has been ******** we were supposed to leave sunday then it snowed and got rescheduled,then we were supposed to leave today at 530 pm CSt and guess what?!?!? Its snowin again
. Just hold on sir ill be on to comforst my omni soon
later sir! Ill be on here but not uo till tommorow.Later bro

G

leaving the game aint hard omni,
What's gonna be hard is leaving all ur friend behind. Aslong as u come back on uo.stratics.com to mess on the forums, u wont have an urge feeling to play. GL with everything omni.
--------edited--------
Just sell ur account like I did. Then if you want to play again think of this : Would I want to start fresh on a game that will die soon? :O Would u omni?! Would u?!?!

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL, AND I STILL GOT HIS AIM. Now, I can bombard him with IMs about coming back to UO everyday. Omni, is the coolest Effing gentleman I know on Legends. Peace and Love brotha.

W

WILLIE!!

I must admit...it is hard to sell the accounts that u had for 10 years. I still have my main account active...and still login to OLDMAN a few people...but the game is dying... other games are embracing pvp mechanics, so UO will never be able to keep up.

Cookie was right, people dont miss the game...they miss the people. And legends was always a tight knit community (more in the past)...so it was always hard for people to leave. Legends used to be a great spot for PVP, factions, rp....everything. Now the Fel scene is a joke...factions are dead, and well...ive always hated pve in uo (i must admit..the RP wars were funny, they recruited a few of us and it was so much fun)...so now theres not much to do on legends.

Even WOW gets boring..the only reason i play, is the group that I play with. Plus its nice to see new content....(i hated pve in uo, but for some reason its interesting in WOW)... 25 man raids are crazy.

G

I'm one of those on the opposite side of the moongate who enjoys the concept of pvp about as much as a stick in the eye, but I am curious what they are going to do with their upcoming factions mini then major revitalizations and what effect it will have on the game/community. I do fear though that it will take too long for many disgruntled pvpers to wait it out given that the patches are not exactly rolling out biweekly.

G

PvP was over around spring of 2003, pretty much after AoS!! It was done and it just sucked for the faction tamers (believe me we were just as important as the mages) who could only have so many friggin pets with them.

I loved the days of Five WW's and me and a few mages in a sig room. Ha Ha Ha. Cash will remember as when he went SL my drags loved to eat that dial up King!! I had dial up but I had dial up that ruled. I was as fast or faster then some of those cable junkies!!!

G

I cant quit. I cant. I tried but still seem to log on just to "check" the bank and whatnot. I def dont play NEAR as much as I have been but hey. Maybe ill just turn into a trammy again and learn how to do that stuff.

G

I told you it's hard, I did it for 4 years, I may not play but I am on these boards on and off at least a couple hours a day!! hehe. I need a small fix now from UO in my life everyday!! *hugs and kisses*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I must admit...it is hard to sell the accounts that u had for 10 years. I still have my main account active...and still login to OLDMAN a few people...but the game is dying... other games are embracing pvp mechanics, so UO will never be able to keep up.

Cookie was right, people dont miss the game...they miss the people. And legends was always a tight knit community (more in the past)...so it was always hard for people to leave. Legends used to be a great spot for PVP, factions, rp....everything. Now the Fel scene is a joke...factions are dead, and well...ive always hated pve in uo (i must admit..the RP wars were funny, they recruited a few of us and it was so much fun)...so now theres not much to do on legends.

Even WOW gets boring..the only reason i play, is the group that I play with. Plus its nice to see new content....(i hated pve in uo, but for some reason its interesting in WOW)... 25 man raids are crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Willie you are so right dude in everything you said, Legends had one thing over other servers, we all knew each other. We had the tight groups roaming around. It was like watching sports events and rooting for your fav team/player. At least that is how I felt. Different crews who stayed togather for the most part and had leaders going up against other crews. We had mini factions outside of normal factions lol.

Dude what server you on now?

G

It's like living in a small town and everyone knows your business and I think that is why I still live in a small town because it's like going home whenever you logged on UO. It felt like home away from home!!

W

WILLIE!!

Guldan, horde side.

Dead server....good for leveling tho.

Playing with Moak.

S

Saysimba

<blockquote><hr>

I know ive said it before! But, I think my time is at an end here. Ive played for years, quit or taken breaks before. But this time I have closed my second account. And im going to be closing my main. I have never closed my main account even when i quit before or took a break....

I cant stand what UO has become. In the last three weeks ive barely logged on. I think ive maybe logged on for a few hours total in those three weeks. I have a second baby coming irl and Ive been working alot irl. So those are factoring into my decision.

I may pop in from time to time to bank sit with the Sorcon and what not but I just dont have the heart for uo anymore....

[/ QUOTE ]

D-d-d-drink more and you will be f-f-f-fine.