• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Resist Spells] I read the FAQ but have a question

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What will the effective difference be between running with 100 resist spells and 120 resist spells?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You will get debugged and poisoned more with 100 vs 120 resist. If you are fighting lesser foes it is likely not a factor. If you are fighting modern foes who cast with greater than 120 skill then it is helpful.

I will be honest... For PvM warriors, I only run resist if I am fighting Necro casters. Typically all of my casters have resist unless they use RC to tank.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For pvp you have to run 120, because most spells are a direct check vs resist and most spell casters are 120.

For pvm 100 works well, but the biggest thing is the poisons which 90% of the time is countered threw forms or consumables. I don't reallly see a reason to use resist in pvm other then to counter bloodoath and/or you do a lot of semidar spawns.