• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I promised not to do this: farewell

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I haven't been posting in a while, and I haven't been playing either. I don't know if I'm suffering from an MMO burnout or whatever, but I haven't been playing MMO's since last year, and this is probably the first time in about 9 months I've checked Stratics again...

I was holding onto a couple of active UO accounts, but paying 9 months and not doing anything with them is just, well, silly. So I logged on to Stratics today, reading up a bit on stuff, and I read about a new account management thingy on U.Hall. I went ahead with the new process and linked them to an EA account, but found out I now have to pay over 16 euros per account. I'm not willing to do that, even if it's for nostalgia's sake...

Sooo... I never thought I'd say this, but I guess this is finally it. I am going to cancel my accounts. I will leave it up once more for the upcomming billing date, just to make sure I don´t get a double charge on my CC, and as a gesture of faith to the future of this game. I've never had my own house go IDOC, so that'll be a first, lol. I also promised to never write a goodbye post. Guess I lied about that. Better make this permanent now that I'm here... :p

Thanks to all of you that I've met ingame, chatted with on ICQ and got to know better through Ventrillo/Teamspeak. I've met wonderful people, done amazing things, played many a late night doing wild stuff and having a blast, and that's all because of you...

Thanks to all of you who watched me erratically disappear for long times, only to stand there waiting ingame with open arms upon a return through the revolving door. I am sorry for my lack of communication to everyone about these breaks, it's something I suck at so I tend to evade the whole ordeal in the first place and hope it just goes away. Atleast you won't have to worry about those anymore ;)

Most of all, I will always hold dear the memories of the people, the game itself, and the fun I've had with it throughout the years. I've tried, but always sucked at PvP. Thanks to all of you who managed to kill me, rile me up and gave me huge adrenaline boosts while I tried to run away, hope you enjoyed whatever I had on me at the time...

The passion I had for the mini games like treasurehunting was where my heart was really at. I'd like to think I was good at it, though I'm sure there are (or where) people better at it than I was. I want those of you that know me well to know that this is not a rage quit. When it was changed last year I thoroughly enjoyed the random map spawns, I enjoyed the tough level 6 and 7 map fights, but unfortunaly the loot just wasn't worth the time I invested in them, and with the crappy loot, my enthusiasm in what I loved the most was smothered into a quick and silent death...

The online world is getting smaller by the minute. I'm sure we'll meet again somewhere else. Afterall, it's not like I'm putting up my obituary here or anything, I'll still be here lurking every once in a while...

To the IDOC'ers, have fun at my expense. To EA, you could've have done so much more with UO. And to the rest of you out there, I bid thee a kind farewell. You´re all troopers in my book for sticking with it...

Here's to good people and good memories :D

PS: for the TLDR'ers - I quit, bye ;)

S

Stomp

Damn, I was kinda hoping you would return again at some point and rekindle the interest. Sad to see you go buddy.

Have fun and be safe wherever life takes you.

K

Kayne

They say that no one ever really quits LeBaition they just take breaks. In the time I've been around I've been on a couple of breaks and I'm back again.

I hope that despite what you say that you do come back again this game needs it long term players and I know alot of people will miss you.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be back..make sure u bank your best 7-800 items in your characteres bankboxes..then fill some cheap beetles up too

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I will be back this time. I'm going to let the house fall and to me it seems selfish to hold onto rare stuff if I'm never comming back again...

Since I'm planning to let the account be active for one more billing cycle, I might patch up and log in to see if I can make a few people happy with free things, but I'm dreading having to patch up...

My main reason to quit though is the 16 euros per month per account. I don't understand why I have to pay a tax, and I feel I deserve better as a player of 12 years. I've paid EA more as a european player than any american who's been playing since '97, but instead of lowering the monthly cost, they've decided to almost double the charges at which I started out in '99...

I love UO, but I don't like EA because of this anymore, sorry :)

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It´s always sad to see someone quit. But I wish you safe travels wherever you go, and I´m sure you´ll treasure the good memories you have of UO.

But I do want you to know that the tax is not "for real". I was muttering loudly when I checked my EA account and saw that they had added taxes, but when billing time came only the usual amount was drawn from my credit card.

K

Kayne

Ayara is right LeBaition.
I was in much the same situation as you and didn't want to resub my accounts but I did and even though it said the charge would be £11 something I was only billed the £9.99 as usual.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, that's good to know! The new signup process is confusing and apparently shows you wrong information then. I will still keep an eye on my billing receipt for the upcomming month though...

But... it is time for me to go. I'm sure EA won't miss me ;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iam billed for 9.99 too....

But... it is time for me to go. I'm sure EA won't miss me

but we will miss you.....bank ya stuff...honestly u wil be back...

S

Splup

Yea I haven't been paying my gametime in Euros for years. I buy my gametime from brokers in $$, much cheaper. Or you can also buy from www.uogamecodes.com 3 months for 38,99 $, converted to euros you usually save compared to buying straight with euros.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I haven't been paying my gametime in Euros for years. I buy my gametime from brokers in $$, much cheaper. Or you can also buy from www.uogamecodes.com 3 months for 38,99 $, converted to euros you usually save compared to buying straight with euros.
Another method which is what I use, 6 months on UOGC for $59.99 (£38.96) which comes to $9.99 (£6.48) a month

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, that's good to know! The new signup process is confusing and apparently shows you wrong information then. I will still keep an eye on my billing receipt for the upcomming month though...

But... it is time for me to go. I'm sure EA won't miss me ;)
go to the gamecode store and get 6 month for $59.99 give or take, thats what i do..........................

DON'T GO

K

Kayne

LeBaition I think with all of us saying you can't go that you should listen to us :p

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've patched up and, as stated earlier, I'll give myself a month's time (one billing cycle) to think about it...

Don't get your hopes up just yet :p

K

Kayne

I've patched up and, as stated earlier, I'll give myself a month's time (one billing cycle) to think about it...

Don't get your hopes up just yet :p
I'm sure if you stay we could convince Cailleach or Petra to remove this thread and pretend it never happened :)

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feeling much the same. No rage quit, just petering out and also finding it difficult to justify paying for three accounts when I log in maybe once every couple of months.

Whatever you decide, LB, know we loves ya. :heart:

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a heads up. I've received my CC overview yesterday and did not see taxes on them. I've kept up with P73 changes and decided to keep both my accounts active for now. Mostly because I am curious as to what they're planning to do with t-map loot if they decide to change loot Sosaria-wide...

I am not planning on playing a lot, but I'll be lurking in the background for the time being...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LeBaiton, I'm doing more treasure maps than ever before. Not for the arms/armor in them. I mostly just unravel that, but for the 'ohh what's in this one?' I get for SoTs SoAs recipes etc.
Reading them I'm thinking 'how much trouble is there around this spot?' Some I store and wait for the re-set. Most I dig. Afterwards I hand the map in for clean up points. If I get a mib, I fish it up - and if there's a map in the sea chest, I dig that.
I do them for fun, but if you want to do them for profit, SoTs & alacrities sell well, forged pardons sell really well. Shields and orbs less so, and you can even sell the magic residue and enchanted essence from unravelling.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I will be back this time. I'm going to let the house fall and to me it seems selfish to hold onto rare stuff if I'm never comming back again...

Since I'm planning to let the account be active for one more billing cycle, I might patch up and log in to see if I can make a few people happy with free things, but I'm dreading having to patch up...

My main reason to quit though is the 16 euros per month per account. I don't understand why I have to pay a tax, and I feel I deserve better as a player of 12 years. I've paid EA more as a european player than any american who's been playing since '97, but instead of lowering the monthly cost, they've decided to almost double the charges at which I started out in '99...

I love UO, but I don't like EA because of this anymore, sorry :)
check your statements i live in the uk and iam only billed exact 9.99£

O

Ozzmandias

You're not allowed to let your house fall! If you do, that's just handing all your stuff to Mr Flash!

If you do go, and I hope you don't, make sure the whole house is filled with random junk, that he will have to sort through piece by piece just to make sure he doesn't miss a shiny!

:D

Oh and you should head over to Shame on TC, It's like the good old days of T hunting, you kill an earth elemental and you check EVERY item, just coz you have no idea what it might be!

I'm sure if Shame is a success, Tmaps will be another early adopter place for the new items, it's the perfect place for them.

Cheers

Oz

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to admit my playing time is very little. Partly due to RL activities, and
boredom of the game play. I use to have 5 accounts way back when. But down to my two main ones. I keep them going, just on the off chance I have the time or the itch to play. I mean this game is kinda part of me, and has helped me coop through some difficult times during my life. It's like a habit that's hard to quit.
Enough ranting, I wish you the best in what ever you decide to do. I would
also heed the advice of others and bank whats most dear to you in the game.
Cheers!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't read anything past the OP.

Bugger it.

Those that are left will miss you

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're not allowed to let your house fall! If you do, that's just handing all your stuff to Mr Flash!

If you do go, and I hope you don't, make sure the whole house is filled with random junk, that he will have to sort through piece by piece just to make sure he doesn't miss a shiny!

:D

Oh and you should head over to Shame on TC, It's like the good old days of T hunting, you kill an earth elemental and you check EVERY item, just coz you have no idea what it might be!

I'm sure if Shame is a success, Tmaps will be another early adopter place for the new items, it's the perfect place for them.

Cheers

Oz
Curse you, i bundle up and throw a big pooh at thee

the joy on unrvelling, get rid of said junk, shineies present themselves to me:)

Great to see your not leaving us, also check out gamecode store 6 months via dollars, great way to pay;)

Beowulf24

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
glad to hear ur not leaving lebaiton..as was stated Europa needs its long term players :)