• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I posted a few days ago about a Ninja Thief... Changed my mind

N

Nickster

Hi Guys and Gals,

after just a week back into UO i am hooked again, but i want to get stealing!

I been fighting myself over template and eventually started work on a ninja temp..... not finding it to be my style.... so how would this work... would i be able to do some killing if the mark was weak too??

120 Stealing
100 snoop
100 hiding
100 Stealth
100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Fencing

i did like my dexxer thief i had before i quit playing! (Damn EA, he was somehow "deleted" while my account was inactive)

any advise would be welcome.

thanks

Also

N

Nickster

P.S,

Does anyone play Europa that i could buddy up with to train snooping?

R

RichDC

If your going to roll without ninja (silly opinion in my opinion the Llama/ostard form i couldnt survive without, you dont have time to mount an ethy most of the time) then i would suggest dropping magery, pick up poisoning to 80, take resist to 120 and get a 50%ep ring.

also you might want to try not getting that skill levels show real (for example the shadow dancer legs gives you another 40points spare)

N

Nickster

If your going to roll without ninja (silly opinion in my opinion the Llama/ostard form i couldnt survive without, you dont have time to mount an ethy most of the time) then i would suggest dropping magery, pick up poisoning to 80, take resist to 120 and get a 50%ep ring.

also you might want to try not getting that skill levels show real (for example the shadow dancer legs gives you another 40points spare)

What would you drop for ninja then mate? I have checked time for etthy and its sloooow :)

thanks

R

RichDC

you could completely drop magery, or drop points in other skills and use jewelry.

for example...you can gain 60 points by using the shadow dancer legs and a mark of trav (70 if you use the burgulers bandanna, mark has 3hp regen mana increase and much nicer resits!)

another 30-60 points if you find some very nice jewels.

if you can get yourself 110points thats 100% chance of llama/ossie form.

Also another 10 points can come by simply droping stealing to 110 (if you take ninja and get a ferret talisman that will raise to 120 on the rare occasion you need it.)

N

Nickster

I don't have ML so i am not sure if i will be able to use the talisman, I think i will drop out magery and keep Ninja, the shirukens will come in handy too :) Magery is just a habit for me, only thing i would like to do is telehide, only reason i had fencing in there was for shadowstrike really so could keep mage and drop fencing.

N

Nickster

where can i get a ML Upgrade code from or do i have to buy a game pack

R

RichDC

Im sure you could get an upgrade code from the uo.com website.

If anything to drop totaly, i would drop magery for a few reasons,

Magery becomes useless once you are in form as you cant cast or do specials in form,
The shadow strike would be a great idea as you can insta hide after a steal, from what i have read the skill timer doesnt affect shadow strike(although this may require some testing)
Also final point is there are now invis pots so you can use them to hide as well as smoke bombs for ninja hiding.

Currently the set up im using suit wise i am gaining 82skill points. so there is alot more options available (as well as full hpr, lmc and 55%dci)

N

Nickster

wait a sec.... did you say invis potion! sweeet!
I got a few smoke bombs too :)

quality! looks like magerys getting binned then :)

Thanks for your help.

P.S, i posted on youyr guild name thread :)

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do decide to delete ninja, then this one would recommend bolas. You will find it easier, if your opponenet is dismounter. Invis potions do have a timer for activation, and you may not move during its' drinking.
And it is correct- there is no timer or daly for shadow strike. It is immediate.

R

RichDC

Yes i did but be mindful...there is i think a 5sec delay from drink to invis, and same as spell once invised you will have a timer of duration you will need to hide before it is up (can do this under its affect and you can still stealth).

Your welcome and i will have a look at the suggestion, thanks and happy hunting :)

N

Nickster

I think i am going to keep ninja, the forms for movement speed are going to be more useful than i thought (didn't realise it took so long to mount an etthy)

you said "this one would recommend bola's" have you ever read a book called the pocket and the pendant?

R

RichDC

On siege i am running mag thief and a few other secret combos :p

But on prodo shards IMO its outdated and uneffective. Ninja is now almost a neccessety for any credible thief and as such magery and chiv become useless due to no cast in form.

Also the only time a thief should stop is once you have outrun your mark...you cant do this having to stop and cast. (even the 1/2 sec mini heal against an archer you can say bye bye!)

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, k - its been a very long time since i've been on a prod shard!

R

RichDC

I have only just recently moved to siege and thats a whole different animal lol

Much harder to work my template out.

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrugs* as long as you have stealth/snoop/stealing/hiding it doesnt really matter what you pick up there, just think of some creative ways of escaping (or increasing your profits - detect and or herding can help there) and pick 3 skills around that.

On siege you'd be limiting yourself bit without magery though as you need to gate everywhere to get about

N

Nickster

is there a good population on Siege?

Might roll a char on there and see what going on :)

anyone be able to sort me out a few runes to some decent spots?

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unless things have change the population is tiny, its what made me quit last time, theres just not enough people to keep it varied and fun

N

Nickster

thats a shame, europa doesn't seem too bad around the gates in terms of PvPers, so i guess i will just max out my char and stay there, unless anyone on siege can tell me otherwise!

R

RichDC

I havent been on siege for long but yes, the population does seem to be smaller than all prodo shards...especially as i play on GMT time,

However, when there are people there the rewards are greater.

N

Nickster

I am on GMT too,
I might just roll a thief on Siege tonight hehe. whats your char name just in case i bump into you?

R

RichDC

My Char is called Full English, But look out for Your Mom as he is a fellow thief (the one who came with me from GL in the other post)

N

Nickster

Hehe, i might call myself Breakfast :)

great stuff, you going to be on tonight? PM if you are and i will try meet up with you :)

Now i will need a Siege template haha

R

RichDC

Lol,

Possibly depending how active or how bored i get on GL the chances are if im on Siege ill either be hanging about luna bank looking for marks, in despise looking for marks(or picking up free gold) or generaly running around...guess what looking for marks lol.

I dont usually read stratics other than when im at work. keeps me entertained during the day lol

R

RichDC

No but it sounds as though you have as much fun working for them as i do my company lol

N

Nickster

the moneys good but thats where the fun ends... they have plasma tv's all over with the Grass Growing show on just to keep us entertained :)