(OT) I need some advice tonight before i buy these games tomorrow...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
WII Console

Buy 2 out of 3 games:

Epic Mickey
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Which would you guys buy?

We own Super Mario Galaxy 1 and my boy loves it...so do i jam more Mario Galaxy down his throat or give him some variety in his life?

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2002
London, UK
I heard Epic Mickey is pretty good and original. never been much of a fan of Donkey Kong, so I'd go with Super Mario Galaxy 2 as its the safe bet for the choice of a second game.

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
I agree with symma we are getting our kids a wii for xmas this year and super mario galaxies is one of the games we are getting. if your getting them for your kid then yes id go with epic mickey and smg 2 also

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 3, 2009
trade ur wii in for an xbox with kinecht or a ps3 with there new thingy, wii sucks its boring all the games blow except for bowling and sowrd smack.... not worth the cash

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
MB, CA
I'd say Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't different enough from 1 to be worth it. Not that it wouldn't be worth picking up on its own, but from a purely objective point of view and assuming you're limited to new 2 games, having 3 completely separate games is better than choosing between Mickey and Donkey Kong along with a sequel.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
trade ur wii in for an xbox with kinecht or a ps3 with there new thingy, wii sucks its boring all the games blow except for bowling and sowrd smack.... not worth the cash
Yeppers...got my kids ( 10 and 5) a WII last year and they now want a XBOX 360, I told them not a chance...

They said the games are better, no idea I only play Ultima, save a few rounds of WII golf with the family on Game Night!

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
MB, CA
Xbox 360s provide excellent emergency lighting and heating.

You know Star Trek, when they go to red alert? Little known fact, but the red lights are actually Xbox 360s scattered throughout the ship that get turned on remotely. Also, the sun? There's a single Xbox 360 in the center with its cpu fan removed.

And when you get bored of staring at the flashing red light there's a little known mini-game that involves a lot of work, but you can actually get the light to turn green if you work at it hard enough, at which point you can insert a DVD and play games on the damn thing! Who'd have guessed? This will last roughly 3.4 seconds until the red light comes back and you repeat the process.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
This is the ****ing reason i troll these boards because of dumbass **** like this...i'm NOT buying a new console game it's not a ****ing option...answer the ****ing question or don't respond...

A few reasons my 6 year old can barely keep up with the WII the other consoles are more advanced...i mean **** console games in general i would rather own a computer...but i'm not gonna run out and buy them one let alone that wasn't what i was asking but i put you on my to-troll-list...

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
MB, CA
Am I on the list?

Can I see the list?

Does it have the people on it ranked with 1-5 pink ponies and glitter?

PEEPS TO TRULL
Wulf -
- Too awesome, makes my pants fit funny.
Kelmo -
- badtouchspecialzone
StinkyPants -
- Has pants that are stinky.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Id say mario to be safe, i have seen mixed reviews on mickey.

Or buy Big Buck Hunter Pro for them! I wanna buy a Wii just for that.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 27, 2004
Siege Perilous
Chard, I don't have a Wii (nor do I use an Xbox 360 to heat and light my home), so I can't give any relevant opinion in the topic subject area.

I am responding in this thread primarily to say that I am saddened to learn after excitedly checking (hence the need to make this post), that glittery pony heads have not in fact been added to the default smiley selection in Stratics. :(

Wulf has tricked us with his fancy imported ponies.

I will add a general opinion: if as you say the children have one Mario based game, it does seem sensible to go for variety rather than risk being subjected to dangerous levels of Mario. I think your 6 year old might have difficulty with the pace of Donkey Kong, but Epic Mickey sounds like a fine choice for both kids. (Game sounds really cute from the description).

-Skylark

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
MB, CA
Sorry Sky, I didn't think my reckless actions all the way through.

I didn't mean to taunt you with imaginary ponies this close to christmas.

If you'd like, I can send you an autographed poster of myself to make up for it.

DISCLAIMER: Poster may not be autographed, or exist. Offer void in states with names containing vowels. Acceptance of said poster will be construed as consent to grant Wulf power of attorney. Poster should not be used internally. If ingested, contact your poison control center immediately. Any conditions arising from ingestion of lead-based poster shall be the responsibility of the ingester.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
A few reasons my 6 year old can barely keep up with the WII the other consoles are more advanced...
With pops being such an accomplished gamer, I'd figure he should have no problem...

/sarcasm

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
chard what other games would you suggest for kids ages 6 and 8? i have a 11 yr old also but he only plays sports games. the 8 yr old is into war games like call of duty and medal of honor. but our 6 yr old likes easier games that he can just hit buttons like mickey games. I was wondering if they had mario party for wii? anyone know?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
chard what other games would you suggest for kids ages 6 and 8? i have a 11 yr old also but he only plays sports games. the 8 yr old is into war games like call of duty and medal of honor. but our 6 yr old likes easier games that he can just hit buttons like mickey games. I was wondering if they had mario party for wii? anyone know?
Those three games are my advice to you...